Hacking 3DS 6.1 FW Downgrade to 4.4FW running Gateway (PIC, VIDEO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
This thread shouldn't have been created until you were willing to actually release something. With this useless hunk of information you've thrown at us, no one's going to care because they don't believe you (And neither do I at this point).

tmoney153

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job, I really appreciate your efforts, hopefully in time you'll find it in your heart to release this to the public

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
read the OP I said I may release this in the future

this wasn't a swap job, pls stop at your attempts to discredit me, you will surely fail.
But the logical thing to do in that case would be to just straight out release it

You may release this in the future depending on what though, how could you not be certain about releasing it?
How would posting this thread change that reason?

There isn't really any way that people can fail at discrediting you though, you have no evidence and you don't have any good reputation.

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except a motherboard swap requires considerably more finesse in handling the connectors and stuff. A shell swap just requires you to unscrew, unlatch and replace.

Shell swap is the replacement of the top and bottom shell. Mobo swap involves decoupling of the flex connectors and cables.
Ahh okay, I guess thats possible with these multi colored outside and inside shells then? Especially this one since the top and bottom of the inside are already black on this edition I believe?

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh okay, I guess thats possible with these multi colored outside and inside shells then? Especially this one since the top and bottom of the inside are already black on this edition I believe?

Yes. That is why it is extremely easy to swap shells if the insides are the same colour.

mattrunks

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread shouldn't have been created until you were willing to actually release something. With this useless hunk of information you've thrown at us, no one's going to care because they don't believe you (And neither do I at this point).

as i said earlier the purpose of me creating this thread was to inform the community that downgrading is indeed possible. you're entitled to believe whatever you want idc. as long as i get the message out there that it is indeed possible to downgrade and also encourage and challenge others to explore further into downgrading themselves then thats all that matters to me.

Great job, I really appreciate your efforts, hopefully in time you'll find it in your heart to release this to the public

thank you kind sir, when it happens ill make sure you're one of this first people to know about the release, stay tuned.

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. That is why it is extremely easy to swap shells if the insides are the same colour.
Yeah, it was that and I think the fact that I thought this was a Japanese exclusive but it was released in Europe which explains the English menus and such

Maximus1001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OP is an obvious troll. Judging by his post history and YouTube history and general level of knowledge in posts, I don't think OP would know the first thing about disassembly or hardware hacking. Everyone should just ignore this post and let the mods delete it, don't feed the troll. Also, technically not a world first for downgrading 6.1 to 4.4, due to hardware mods, so yeah, discredited.

DeadPixelMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy has done nothing you can tell simply from the way he speaks he is about as intelligent as a rat. Yes we are all "jelly" as you put it.....even though we already have 3ds's or xl's on 4.5...............and even though all you have done is nothing to be "jelly" of. No one has contacted you for anything keep telling yourself that your "special" and when your short bus arrives remember the door opens on the right side.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
as i said earlier the purpose of me creating this thread was to inform the community that downgrading is indeed possible. you're entitled to believe whatever you want idc. as long as i get the message out there that it is indeed possible to downgrade and also encourage and challenge others to explore further into downgrading themselves then thats all that matters to me.

thank you kind sir, when it happens ill make sure you're one of this first people to know about the release, stay tuned.

The kernel checks that all titles its installing are newer than the ones currently installed preventing downgrades. Without a full ARM9 kernel exploit it's not possible to even generate a 4.5 nand manually (but at that point there's no point in downgrading). I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Maximus1001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The kernel checks that all titles its installing are newer than the ones currently installed preventing downgrades. Without a full ARM9 kernel exploit it's not possible to even generate a 4.5 nand manually (but at that point there's no point in downgrading). I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Doubt OP knows what a kernel is or anything about the ARM9 arch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.