Hacking 3DS 11.6 update and NTR Viewer

Impy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i just noticed the "There is a new software update for this system" message, and because i use a 3ds for streaming, the alarm bells rang and i clicked Cancel before i could 'accidentally' update.

There are only two things i want to know, before i click the "update system" button.

1) Will it break the NTR Viewer, or BootNTRSelector as its called?

2) Basically, is it safe to update, since i only use this 3ds for the aforementioned BootNTRSelector/NTR Viewer to stream my games?

Yes, a simple question, but the two times i made the mistake to update before checking here, resulted in me being unable to stream for weeks, and a month until i could 'downgrade'.

deathwhitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still on 11.3, I heard ntr viewer only shows a black screen with 11.4 and up unless something has changed and if it has please direct me to the source of the info cause I'd love to update since they started blocking httpwn

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i just noticed the "There is a new software update for this system" message, and because i use a 3ds for streaming, the alarm bells rang and i clicked Cancel before i could 'accidentally' update.

There are only two things i want to know, before i click the "update system" button.

1) Will it break the NTR Viewer, or BootNTRSelector as its called?

2) Basically, is it safe to update, since i only use this 3ds for the aforementioned BootNTRSelector/NTR Viewer to stream my games?

Yes, a simple question, but the two times i made the mistake to update before checking here, resulted in me being unable to stream for weeks, and a month until i could 'downgrade'.

Step 1: Create a full NAND backup
Step 2: Update your system
Step 3: See if NTR Viewer works
Step 4a: If it works, do nothing. Success, yay!!!
Step 4b: If it no longer works, restore your backup from Step 1.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still on 11.3, I heard ntr viewer only shows a black screen with 11.4 and up unless something has changed and if it has please direct me to the source of the info cause I'd love to update since they started blocking httpwn

it works just fine on 11.6. nothing you really need to do, just update NTR selector or whatever you use you load it so it can load NTR 3.6.
This is my path in launching NTR
Start 3DS
Load homebrew launcher through Rosalina (I use the AR app or Download play)
Start 3dsx version of NTR Selector
Done.

Streaming works perfectly

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works just fine on 11.6. nothing you really need to do, just update NTR selector or whatever you use you load it so it can load NTR 3.6.
This is my path in launching NTR
Start 3DS
Load homebrew launcher through Rosalina (I use the AR app or Download play)
Start 3dsx version of NTR Selector
Done.

Streaming works perfectly
I'm just curious, why do you do that versus the CIA?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi