3DS 11.4 Firmware Update Available

0hnqi7q.png

Just today, Nintendo 3DS firmware 11.4.0-37 has been released. I saw no other posts on this so far, so I am posting it. Here is what I found so far has been either temporarily or permanently broken/patched.

BootNTR Selector: Working with latest version (2.7.3)

UDSploit: Patched

Soundhax: Patched (Finally Nintendo... Lmao)

Safehax: Doesn't work without UDSploit, so therefore broken.

11.4.0-37 fixes the slowdown bug for some games like OOT3D that 11.3.0-36 has introduced. Confirmed by @Feffe

Please let me know if anything else got patched. Yes, of course, if you have A9LH+Luma3DS, you can safely update.

Last edited by Deleted member 350372, , Reason: BootNTR Selector got updated hours ago for 11.4 support! :D

darkofficer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'm now on an o3ds on version 11.2.0-35E so far i understand i can update to 11.4 but for hbl to wotk i should have the 11.2 payload how can i change that ??

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if you're on FW11.3.0 SysNAND, with BS9/Luma8/HL 2.0.0/Rosalina ANY reason NOT to upgrade to 11.4.0? I remember seeing don't update because of httpwn etc. posts but that was before.

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you're on FW11.3.0 SysNAND, with BS9/Luma8/HL 2.0.0/Rosalina ANY reason NOT to upgrade to 11.4.0? I remember seeing don't update because of httpwn etc. posts but that was before.
There's no real reason TO update. It doesn't fix much and until recently it broke Httpwn and NTR streaming. That's fixed now as far as I know, but why WOULD you upgrade?

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The reason to update is found on page 1: "11.4.0-37 fixes the slowdown bug for some games like OOT3D that 11.3.0-36 has introduced."

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just modded my New 3DS XL using the instructions here: https://3ds.guide/

I was on 11.3 and I'm getting nagged to update to 11.4 whenever I try to do things like use the camera to scan a QR code. Is there a way to disable the nag or should I just upgrade to 11.4?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you finish https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup you might find your answer in Section II :)

Yes, but I thought that applied to people who were on <11.3. I was nervous about doing it since 11.4 removes an exploit needed to hack the 3DS. (I thought maybe the guide assumed 11.3 was the latest when it was written. Measure twice; cut once.) I'm glad to know it's safe to update. Thank you.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, but I thought that applied to people who were on <11.3. I was nervous about doing it since 11.4 removes an exploit needed to hack the 3DS. (I thought maybe the guide assumed 11.3 was the latest when it was written. Measure twice; cut once.) I'm glad to know it's safe to update. Thank you.
The guide generally gets updated within hours of anything new happening so you never need worry :-)

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah, the guide shows how put the arm9loaderhax.bin in the ctrNAND, at this point:

Section IV - CTRNAND Luma3DS
  1. Reboot holding (Start) during boot to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu
  2. Launch GodMode9 by pressing (A)
  3. Navigate to [0:] SDCARD
  4. Press (Y) on arm9loaderhax.bin to copy it
  5. Press (B) to return to the main menu
  6. Navigate to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND
  7. Press (Y) to paste arm9loaderhax.bin
  8. Select “Copy path(s)”
    • Overwrite any existing arm9loaderhax.bin if prompted
  9. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing, then input the key combo given
  10. Press (B) to return to the main menu
  11. Hold (R) and press (B) at the same time to eject your SD card
  12. Remove your SD card from your device
  13. Press (Start) to reboot your device with your SD card removed
    • Booting your device at least once with your SD card removed will allow you to configure the CTRNAND based Luma3DS installation
  14. Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
  15. Reinsert your SD card into your device
  16. Press (Start) to save and reboot
It's been three months and I still haven't done this. Now that A9LH is outdated(I still haven't updated luma from 6.6) is it still possible and safe to do this??

adrienabadie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I tried to update my yokai watch cart through freeshop, but after seeing that the update is only for extra language options i decided to cancel it and now freeshop is stuck in "cancelling", what should i do?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to update my yokai watch cart through freeshop, but after seeing that the update is only for extra language options i decided to cancel it and now freeshop is stuck in "cancelling", what should i do?
WHOA THE NECRO
try to restart your 3ds. you could also make a save data backup and reinstall the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.