ROM Hack 3DNUS

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So back to the problem. 3dnus needs checks and options to skip a file and continue, or the option to NOT download the titlelist.csv (so we can just remove that file from the list). Using cearp's python script, I end up getting things that are only meant for N3DS and it's a pain to sort through them. or... would someone be so kind as to put up a titlelist.csv with everything that is needed for an O3DS USA to install 9.2? Then the python script would be perfect.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Even if you're able to skip it I still need that CIA file to update my browser properly... Hopefully it's up in some of the dark corners of the internet.

Could someone post the hashes of 0004003000009402v4096.cia?

Mr. Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
So apparently the browser cia was removed by nintendo? @ground can you please add a way to skip downloading cias or something? I was relying on this so much for upgrading/downgrading shenanigans.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you're able to skip it I still need that CIA file to update my browser properly... Hopefully it's up in some of the dark corners of the internet.

Could someone post the hashes of 0004003000009402v4096.cia?
CRC: 6BBDED94
MD5: 94AC4A7123BD2865CB4741A678063E15

It's around. I'd like to find all of the 9.2 USA files zipped up somewhere though. Apparently, the browser is not the only thing missing from a CTR update. ACT (NNID) is not there either, and I'm not sure what else. It didn't matter until now. But we need to make up an NNID now (well... if you have more than one 3DS system) to grab the Ironfall game. My 9.2 O3DS (upgraded with SSBB) tells me I have to update my system to link my NNID. But I created a new NNID on my 9.2 sysnand with my N3DS. I can only assume there is something missing from the update.

@ground... would you mind posting your current source? The solution to getting at least as much as Ninty is still hosting is a simple matter of commenting out 1 line (where you download the titlelist.csv). From there, we can download it once and manually delete the files that are hanging up the progress. I'm doing that now on my end, but the source you posted is WAY old...

or... what's the C# statement for 'if this file doesn't exist'? or can you just make it a function of clicking a button (download titlelist.csv)? (instead of commenting it out)

Edit2: This is not looking good. There are 3 files no longer hosted for 9.2: MSET, Spider, and NATIVE_FIRM. I have a .cia of the first 2, but not NATIVE_FIRM. Thank goodness that it is in the CTR update (I'm assuming). I can't make a .cia of it, but I can upgrade with the CTR and

Last edited by urherenow,

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I assume it's a safe assumption to make that a complete 9.2 install will never be rehosted again on NUS. Given that, the only game with the 9.2 files on cart is revision 1 of Smash Bros, release 1670 on 3DSDB. Is there any way to extract the update files into a usable CIA from the ROM or a legit cart?

As for Ironfall, that's not a large concern, if you have Ninjhax v1 you can use MSET as an entrypoint for CFW anyways, the system is pwned already.

or... what's the C# statement for 'if this file doesn't exist'? or can you just make it a function of clicking a button (download titlelist.csv)? (instead of commenting it out)

You'll have to catch the exception. I haven't looked into the source yet but I'll do so later.

Last edited by chyyran,

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure your nands are unlinked and update EmuNand through System Settings. Go directly to Software Update and make sure your emunand version string is correct in MSET before continuing. Personally I wouldn't install FIRM CIAs to update EmuNand.

EDIT:

Added custom titlelist support and skipping on 404 errors, which there seem to be a lot of. The source I got doesn't have N3DS support so you'll just have to merge that back in, all I did was quick fixes. Preferably I'd rewrite the thing to use async/await but I don't know enough about how the building the CIAs work to do that.
https://github.com/RonnChyran/3DNUS/releases/tag/1.10.0

EDIT2:
T5fzlMF.png

That doesn't sound good.

Edit3: It seems I have a mostly complete set of CIAs for 9.2 (Only missing spider) I downloaded about 3 days ago using UpdateCDN. I'm not exactly sure if the hashes are valid however, so if you can check against https://gist.github.com/RonnChyran/8c8e83bdeba4ae0dfa74 if the hashes are correct.

MSET 9.2 MD5hash 5077D839633EC80E7A9D3CA98B794D4B
NATIVE_FIRM 9.2 MD5hash 899DA982F618800143C2BFFE8A52998C

I also have a 6.xU MSET that Nintendo has removed as well, msetdg.py doesn't work anymore.
6.x U MSET MD5hash 43F6CB581A5C19DEBD0EEE5C003E615D

To get a list of hashes open a powershell and copy this command
Code:
 ((Get-ChildItem | Get-FileHash -Algorithm MD5) | Out-String) -replace 'C:(.*\\)','' | Out-File hashes.txt

Last edited by chyyran,
Reactions: MelonGx

RainThunder

Trophies
XP
Country
to play fire emblem if on my emunand i need firmware 9.7? or 9.5?
is it safe to download and install 9.7/9.5 from 3DSNUS?
i heard that the .cia's can cause bricks?
Either of those firmware works. The translated version of Fire Emblem If is firmware spoofed, so you can play on firmware 9.5. CIA only cause brick if you install it on sysNAND with firmlaunch enabled CFW. It is safe to install to your emuNAND.

Edit3: It seems I have a mostly complete set of CIAs for 9.2 (Only missing spider) I downloaded about 3 days ago using UpdateCDN. I'm not exactly sure if the hashes are valid however, so if you can check against https://gist.github.com/RonnChyran/8c8e83bdeba4ae0dfa74 if the hashes are correct.[/code]
All of your hashes are the same as me, so I guess those are OK.

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either of those firmware works. The translated version of Fire Emblem If is firmware spoofed, so you can play on firmware 9.5. CIA only cause brick if you install it on sysNAND with firmlaunch enabled CFW. It is safe to install to your emuNAND.

All of your hashes are the same as me, so I guess those are OK.
as many times as I've tried, I can never update sysnand with .cia's without bricking. Even using rxTools with Pasta devmode or an older version of Pasta with firmlaunch disabled. I've never been able to get sysupdate to work either. What I really wonder is... when your system states that there is a firmware update available, you can say ok and install it even if you are offline. So where exactly is it stored? The 100% surefire safe way to update would be the ability to place our own update files in there. FBI just doesn't cut it.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know Nintendo has pulled the updates from where 3dsnus gets the updates from their servers, is there any backdoor on this? Surely someone must have downloaded a handful of the updates right?

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 9.0 and 9.5 both U but am scrambling to to get 9.x J
I was looking to region swap my JPN n3DS but i need 9.0.0-20 JPN *sigh* I'm sure we can find a work around for this program. After all I'm positive Nintendo isn't dumb enough to actually delete every firmware update ever made... They always keep backups. Maybe a new server?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I was looking to region swap my JPN n3DS but i need 9.0.0-20 JPN *sigh* I'm sure we can find a work around for this program. After all I'm positive Nintendo isn't dumb enough to actually delete every firmware update ever made... They always keep backups. Maybe a new server?

I am trying to update from 8.1J to 9.2J using NTR and wonder if it's now working for the same reason 3dnus isn't working

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone needs 9.2 USA, 9.2 EUR, MSET 4.x/6.x USA and MSET 4.x/6.x EUR I can post them on that iso site. The USA ones have 126 files and I think the EUR has 130 files. These were from 3DNUS like months ago and luckily saved them on my flash drive. I also have the N3DS XL 9.5 USA. If anyone can point me to the best place to upload with slower speeds I can do so by this weekend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: