Homebrew 3DNES - NES Emulator

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems good this emulator I'm impressed, hope you get the audio up soon! It's weird playing games with no music I never realised how weird it was before now haha.

Is there a limit to the number of roms the emulator can handle? I downloaded a few roms and put abnout 20 roms in the folder which caused the emulator to keep crashing but when i only have about 6 on It works fine, just wondering.

Keep up the good work!

st4rk

nah
OP
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Seems good this emulator I'm impressed, hope you get the audio up soon! It's weird playing games with no music I never realised how weird it was before now haha.

Is there a limit to the number of roms the emulator can handle? I downloaded a few roms and put abnout 20 roms in the folder which caused the emulator to keep crashing but when i only have about 6 on It works fine, just wondering.

Keep up the good work!

Name size, the actual File System really is crappy, i will re-work on it, i am a bit of busy, because i am writing the 3DSBoy and other *toy* xD, but after it, i will continue my work(1.5 ? or 2.0 ? lala XD)

Reactions: Idaho

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This emulator is great I can't wait to see it have sound,better speeds and support for long named ROM files can't wait for smea to release his homebrew app and see if this runs on it please I know you have other projects going on but..this was the system that started it all..and to be able to play games that I grew up with on the go would mean a lot

Reactions: Margen67 and st4rk

st4rk

nah
OP
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
This emulator is great I can't wait to see it have sound,better speeds and support for long named ROM files can't wait for smea to release his homebrew app and see if this runs on it please I know you have other projects going on but..this was the system that started it all..and to be able to play games that I grew up with on the go would mean a lot

I am busy this week, but after it, i will work on a new 1.x version, i have a lot of ideas now :D(like two players etc).

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it's possible to decrypt the emu build into the nes vc games? It's been done on several other game consoles I understand all the info hasn't been uncovered from the 3ds but... There's a lot of information there now

st4rk

nah
OP
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone, i need a hint to new background of top/bottom screen.

Here:
aIGDWQV.png

What you think ?

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are going to be animated I'd have labeled item boxes in the style of Mario and when you tap one an item comes out and goes to said menu however I do like the style of your menu if not 8 bit I'd at least go with plain maybe bold text

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah well the menu itself looks nice and clean I somewhat like that I'm also a sucker for menu's with a lot of characters from that gen in the bg but not so much that it feels cluttered

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other than the font it's OK. Will there be an option to black-out or dim the bottom screen when not in use like nesDS?
Also, any progress on sound?

Reactions: Margen67

st4rk

nah
OP
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Other than the font it's OK. Will there be an option to black-out or dim the bottom screen when not in use like nesDS?
Also, any progress on sound?

I can add the black-out very easy :P, then is not problem.

Well about sound here the problem: some games work with low speed, then if i emulate now the APU of NES, the speed will down, should be very bad :C, another thing is the CSND of ctrulib is very *obscure* yet :c
(I thought in use the 30% of SysCore to emulate the APU, but this can lead to Sync issues).

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: