Hardware 3D is BS

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Don't like it? Don't use it. That's what I do. Maybe you should try it on a/an N3DS or something if you don't already have one. I have never used one extensively, but from my 3-4 minute experience with a demo unit, it's a lot better than an O3DS.
Even the n3DS has some issues. Majora's Mask 3D has ghosting on full 3D until I tilt the 3DS up or down a little. But it is certainly miles ahead of o3DS.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As with anything involving the human body, your body builds resistance to things it is constantly exposed to, to a certain degree. But all this head hurt is for the most part overrated, but I do not dispute the validity of some claims. But yeah, most of it is just people overblowing things they do not experience often.

You get used to it if you let it. Obviously don't do it though if you're experiencing physical pain or throwing up because of nausea.
Not always, if you have lazy eye the only thing you will develop is lazyer eye to the point your brain will completely ignore vision from one eye and you won't see 3D anymore even IRL.
And yes, that would be efective to make the headaches go away, so your body will believe it became resistant but not with a good result.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Not always, if you have lazy eye the only thing you will develop is lazyer eye to the point your brain will completely ignore vision from one eye and you won't see 3D anymore even IRL.
And yes, that would be efective to make the headaches go away, so your body will believe it became resistant but not with a good result.
Love your avatar. Monster, by Naoki Urasawa, right? I've never read the manga nor seen the anime, but have heard good things from it. I have finished 20th Century Boys though, even seen the movies.

Anyways, obviously building up resistance isn't at the cost of losing something else. Nobody in their right mind would take it that far.
What I was talking about was, for normal people with relatively normal eye conditions, a little bit of vertigo or lightheadedness after the first few minutes of intense stereo 3D immersion is natural, and continued exposure to it would make you get used to it to the point that super strong 3D will just look weird for you but not disorienting.

NegaBBB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
What bothers me a little is the shadowing effect but i heard that it is normal :D, other than that i love the 3d i play with 3d on the whole time :).

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Love your avatar. Monster, by Naoki Urasawa, right? I've never read the manga nor seen the anime, but have heard good things from it. I have finished 20th Century Boys though, even seen the movies.

Anyways, obviously building up resistance isn't at the cost of losing something else. Nobody in their right mind would take it that far.
What I was talking about was, for normal people with relatively normal eye conditions, a little bit of vertigo or lightheadedness after the first few minutes of intense stereo 3D immersion is natural, and continued exposure to it would make you get used to it to the point that super strong 3D will just look weird for you but not disorienting.
Yeah, Monster. The anime was great and I am halfway through the manga, up to now it seems the anime was a very faithful adaptation.
Regarding headaches and 3d I suggest one should check with a doctor before forcing himself to adapt.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A very profitable gimmick :)

I think there's more to it than just looking cool. I got used to the depth perception on 3DS and now when I play Paper Mario 64 on Wii U VC I'm having trouble attacking enemies. When I swing the hammer or jump I miss because they're actually more in the foreground/background.

I totally agree. After seeing PM:SS in 3D I had to keep 3D on full because it is a great example of 3D done right. Pushmo/PullBlox and Stretchmo/Crashmo are other good examples for helping to distinguish the different depths. I think a lot of the people claiming 3D is purely gimmick aren't able to see the full 3D effect or haven't played these titles to realize the potential it has (when used right).

Last edited by cracker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1