gbatemp, the new crack
OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm looking into modding my 360. i've read the tuts and such, but i dont know it my chipset(?) will support the SATA (?) cable. anyone here from central tx that have done this, would you be willing to help me?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My PC is still on IDE and what I did was buy a PCI SATA adapter with the right chipset on ebay. It was pretty cheap about £10. The PCI SATA adapter I use had the chipset VIA VT6421A PCI SATA. I assume you've found out what drive your 360 has inside it. Unless someone knows an easier way you could just open up the 360 and see if you can flash it with the SATA you have in the PC already. If it won't read your firmware you know you don't have the right chipset.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
see... i understand what most the tut's talk about... but i get confused once they start talking about chipsets and ide v. sata... i'm building a new computer, and that one will have sata but i'm still months away from havin the cash for it.... i have an older dell... it's probably IDE right? and once i buy the pci sata adapter, do i install it on my motherboard?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you've got an older dell, it will probably be like mine. The best way to tell is to open up the case and see what harddrive is connected up. The PCI SATA adapter is easy to install it just slots into the PCI slot on the motherboard.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
okay, i think you've cleared up a pretty big cloud... from there, it's just opening the case, connecting the two with a special cable(?), and find the firmware?

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Central Texas, like Austin? I live in Fort Worth, if you're willing to make the drive. I wouldn't mind helping you out. I do 360 flashes for 10 bones.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Best thing to do it wait till the new update is released on 7th may. Then you will find out if its worth flashing your xbox 360 or not. The 7th may update may stop your ability to play copied games. I'm not sure if they've started putting the latest firmware updates on the games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The mutated Axolotl was awesome
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bet you don't pirate game either
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They really wanna get the head
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    legit nobody irl knows I'm trans(it hasn't been long enough yet)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Be really careful out there. There are people who use trans people to their advantage, and its really sad in general. :(
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nobody is safe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage, stuff that they are uncomfortable about.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: blahaj will keep me safe