Hacking 3.4U Hackmii Stuck at Scam Screen

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a Wii of unknown origin (seemed to be virtually unused with only one save for Wii Sports and my belief is that it has never been modded). It has 3.4U on it. I have tried bannerbomb and bathaxx with the latest Hackmii in the root and I get frozen on the Scam screen (I never get the 1 prompt). I have also tried several SD cards (all 2GB or under).

I read a number of threads, and many seem to focus on the iOS's. Using DOP-Mii (which boots fine using the exploits) I updated 30-36 and ios58 to the latest (with the exception of ios 30 which I put v2576). ios58 6176 and for 31, 33, 34, 35 I went to 3608.

So I am thinking that I should really just go through and make all ios equivalent to what v3.4U should be (rather than generally install the latest). Is there a list of ios's that I should be using?

If I was to update the Wii to 4.3 would this reset everything? Or am I better off to fix the current 3.4U?

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All hacks work on 4.3 just fine, as far as I'm aware. I'd suggest updating and trying letterbomb, and seeing if that changes anything.

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so I got it to work on 3.4. I updated iOS 30 and it worked. Thanks for the suggestions!

Is there any advantage to iOS 4.1 over 4.3? Should I just go to 4.3???

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there any advantage to iOS 4.1 over 4.3? Should I just go to 4.3???
That's not IOS, rather they're Wii Menu versions (unlike what Nintendo wants you to believe, there's no relationship between Wii Menu and IOS versions - outside of the fact different launchers require different specific IOS to be installed and nonstubbed)

There's no real advantage to 4.3, it fixes Bannerbomb and has maybe two less Priiloader patches (minor things iirc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Buttocks