Status
Not open for further replies.

fernandolds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okeeey! so the tutorial worked for me, I'm running the backup loader through the backup Channel..

Got some Big questions:

1. I can load backup games, but now my original games say i need to update... Yeah, i know Starfall fixes this. But the question is, what if for any reason i want to get my Wii up to date? (i know hbc and the mods wont work if I do..) can I still update my Wii to whatever current version Nintendo sends? will doing these updates brick my Wii? How would i get this updates if Starfall skips the update process?

2. I had no problem downgrading from 3.4U following the tutorial. But here goes the uber super newbie question... what does B+1 mean???? does that mean to press B, then press + (plus button), then press 1 ?? or all at once? or does that mean to press B and 1 at the same time?

Thanks for your help, I know that my questions are very noob but hey! you guys are the experts!!

thanks!

What happened to Emperor of Canada???

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
fernandolds said:
1. I can load backup games, but now my original games say i need to update... Yeah, i know Starfall fixes this. But the question is, what if for any reason i want to get my Wii up to date? (i know hbc and the mods wont work if I do..) can I still update my Wii to whatever current version Nintendo sends? will doing these updates brick my Wii? How would i get this updates if Starfall skips the update process?
Starfall blocks Disc updates, so you can still do online updates. You can also disable starfall, but then be sure NOT to do an update from another region.
Currently, you can use the 'ultimate system menu 4.0 guide' (somewhere on the board) to update to 4.0 and keep homebrew

2. I had no problem downgrading from 3.4U following the tutorial. But here goes the uber super newbie question... what does B+1 mean???? does that mean to press B, then press + (plus button), then press 1 ?? or all at once? or does that mean to press B and 1 at the same time?B and 1 (did you read the whole text!), but it may take some tries

Speed Freak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey there! I put my Wii aside for a while and now I'm coming back for Punch-out. I followed your tutorial closely, but when I get to "+Run cIOS Installer in Homebrew Channel." the Wii completely locks up verytime and the only way to bypass that is by removing the power cord from the wall. I tried installing Pilotwings 64 (worked with glitches) and Zelda LTTP (didn't work at all), so now I gave up on the pirated VC games. Do you think it is possible to revert the Wii in a way I can update it online? I rely a lot more on my modchip than on a softmod I don't understand well... I only want it for the Wii games anyway so homebrew and other stuff are not important. Could you please help me yet again? Thanks!

davehx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent guide...done this twice now (mine and my sisters) and both times worked perfectly....cheers

schnoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lost at first step :-(
i already installed a zelda hack and was playing wiiware games.
now i have 3.4u and the message i get is "system files are corrupt"
i have GeckoOS installed but that does not read the zelda hacked DVD either.

What do I do then?
Do I have to make a new hacked DVD? What needs to be on it?
thanks!

JaapDraad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Although it is a bit outdated now, I have used this guide about 40 times.
I want to say a huge THANKS! to Emperor of Canada and others who made a useful contribution to this topic.

schnoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE help!! cIOS downgrader failed on my system:
I chose 3.2u twice (i know i have a u system, j or pal semi-bricks me during update)

it stalls a while DLing IOS 30 content #08

problem shown on the TV:
>>Deleting "/tmp/00000100" OK
[+] cleaing system menu downloads

deleting "/tmp/00000002" ok
[+] firmware installation FAILED!

could a slow internet connection cause this?
i got thru the IOS downgrader, but no luck on the cIOS

any other solutions??

tazthemonster

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I just want to say huge thanks to Emperor of Canada.

The files which he provided and also the guide is very very useful.

N14

Trophies
XP
Country
hello
you kindly sent me the link for the file downloads yesterday. but unfortunately
iam stuck at the first hurdle. I have copied the contents of gamma pack to
my sd card. before doing so i changed the twighlight hack data to data.bin and
deleted data bin. i did this in rdzp as this is what it says on my zelda disc.
i have 3.4e version.
when i try to load on my wii it is only recognising japan and usa hacks.
also tried deleting japan and usa and leaving twilight hack and data bin the same.
recognises twighlight hack europe but will not copy. says it is copying but then
get msg will not copy.
very frustrated now !!! dont know if you can help ?
will be much appreciated

cseru1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you absolutely need Starfall for this to work? I couldn't get it to install so I just skipped that. Can anyone tell me if that was dumb, and even if it is will I still be able to boot back-ups?

Caderyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELLZ YEAH! I was having so much trouble getting this to work, but i googled for every file needed, followed the instructions exactly (I was on 3.3U, but Menu 3.2U so stuff didn't work right)... Figured that little problem out and now it's all working perfect! Super Paper Mario is no longer freezing after paying off the Rupees to Mimi... Mimi's sprite wouldn't even show up on 0.3 loader.

Excellent Job!!! Thank you!!!

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

Following the messages, I´ve got some doubts:

I´ve bought my Wii already softmodded and with HBC and Backup Channel installed. Did some HBC offline upgrades with tons of forum reading to understand how to finally do it (current HBC is 1.1).

My menu shows me 3.3U version, I have installed IOS 249 (cIOS38v13b) on my own, installed Gamma Loader with 002 fix already, installed USB loader too, everything is working BUT I cant say for sure if my Wii is already donwgraded to 3.2U or not (couldnt find a straight answer wether the menu version is or is not my "real" firmware version).

Anyways, I would like to install a brick protection like Starfall and also would like to upgrade my Shop Channel so I would be able to finally see the DLC songs I got for Guitar Hero World Tour but since I cannot say for sure what my "real" firmware version is, I´m looking for some help here, if possible.

BTW: no Internet access whatsoever for my Wii
frown.gif
I only do my installation stuff with offline files/wads, etc.

I thank you guys in advance, hope you people can enlighten me here.

Ps.: sorry about my poor English, I´m Brazilian.

aphla5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where does starfall go i put it in apps and in wads and do i need both files to make it work? yes im a noob at this thx

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Starfall isn't really necessary anymore...

There are much better brick protection applications out right now and starfall doesn't work on newer system menus.

It would be better to follow one of the guides in the stickies, or read through the guide in my sig to actually learn about things before starting.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aphla5 said:
where does starfall go i put it in apps and in wads and do i need both files to make it work? yes im a noob at this thx
Why would you search for a topic that hasn't been posted in for a month to hack your Wii? Use a new guide if you want to hack your Wii. Check the link in my sig if you need some help. Also some other great guides sticked in this section.

xlqdmagikx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wrong post to reply to....dumb me

Posts merged

blitzxp said:
I'm reposting this as pir8's 23rd fix sticky isn't read as much now.. :

Hey guys, i need some help upgrading a 3.1u wii to 3.2u

I installed the homebrew channel correctly, i still have the savefile on my wii..
I then used wad manager to install IOS16-64-v257.wad ...
I used custom wad manager to instal cios_fix.wad

i then used cios downgrader to download (and update) the wii to 3.2u ...
after all the files were downloaded i installed starfall, which worked OK
then i used the cios installer which downloads the ioses wiigator loader needs
i then ran the backup launcher and it didnt work (error 324) (on wiigator's gamma)
i installed cIOS249-IOS36-rev07.wad and tried to run the backup launcher again and it didnt work..

did i miss something ? that error means some ios or cios is missing, but i dont know what else i need to do ..

should i just update to 3.4u and follow the procedure found on the other guides?

thanks !

QUOTE(dan1el @ Jan 2 2009, 09:46 PM) thanks EoC , follow you guide and went from 3.4U to 3.2 with backup channel and everything works great

You do not need to update downgrade or change anything on your wii if it is version 3.1U

all you need to use is the CIOSCORP installer from the homebrew channel.

The directions I am using tell me to do quite a few things before these steps, but I had an issue with "IOSdowngrader" that I solved

My softmod instructions tell me to:

- install IOS60patched.wad than restart wii

- Launch Homebrew Channel again and run cios rev10 installer (funky music
! choose network install!) It may freeze, restart wii

- Launch Homebrew channel again and run IOSdowngrader:

When I pressed A, to agree and continue nothing happened, it just prompted me to hit A immediately to restart the wii

It seemed like it did nothing, nothing installed, nothing changed

I learned that there was nothing for IOSdowngrader to do b/c i was at 3.1u which is OLD

-run cioscorp was the next step, I did it, and it worked, it installed everything fine.

that was the last step for my instructions but i was nervous to do it since ios downgrader did nothing

All my games play fine via usb drive (usb loader gx) that are supposed to work at this stage.

I will be upgrading it to 4.1u in ten minutes from now for all the new games, so if I do not post again, that means everything worked perfect for me though IOSdowngrader did nothing but prompt me to restart, OR PRESS OK to continue

the post i found that alerted my dumb self to this was found here:

[url=http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/9/686800]http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/9/686800[/url]

"You don't have to worry about your 3.1u automatically upgrading or anything like that when connected to the internet. Plus you are on 3.1u so it's not like you need to worry about downgrading anyway."

damn...long azzzz post

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xlqdmagikx said:
wrong post to reply to....dumb me

Posts merged

blitzxp said:
I'm reposting this as pir8's 23rd fix sticky isn't read as much now.. :

Hey guys, i need some help upgrading a 3.1u wii to 3.2u

I installed the homebrew channel correctly, i still have the savefile on my wii..
I then used wad manager to install IOS16-64-v257.wad ...
I used custom wad manager to instal cios_fix.wad

i then used cios downgrader to download (and update) the wii to 3.2u ...
after all the files were downloaded i installed starfall, which worked OK
then i used the cios installer which downloads the ioses wiigator loader needs
i then ran the backup launcher and it didnt work (error 324) (on wiigator's gamma)
i installed cIOS249-IOS36-rev07.wad and tried to run the backup launcher again and it didnt work..

did i miss something ? that error means some ios or cios is missing, but i dont know what else i need to do ..

should i just update to 3.4u and follow the procedure found on the other guides?

thanks !

QUOTE(dan1el @ Jan 2 2009, 09:46 PM) thanks EoC , follow you guide and went from 3.4U to 3.2 with backup channel and everything works great

You do not need to update downgrade or change anything on your wii if it is version 3.1U

all you need to use is the CIOSCORP installer from the homebrew channel.

The directions I am using tell me to do quite a few things before these steps, but I had an issue with "IOSdowngrader" that I solved

My softmod instructions tell me to:

- install IOS60patched.wad than restart wii

- Launch Homebrew Channel again and run cios rev10 installer (funky music
! choose network install!) It may freeze, restart wii

- Launch Homebrew channel again and run IOSdowngrader:

When I pressed A, to agree and continue nothing happened, it just prompted me to hit A immediately to restart the wii

It seemed like it did nothing, nothing installed, nothing changed

I learned that there was nothing for IOSdowngrader to do b/c i was at 3.1u which is OLD

-run cioscorp was the next step, I did it, and it worked, it installed everything fine.

that was the last step for my instructions but i was nervous to do it since ios downgrader did nothing

All my games play fine via usb drive (usb loader gx) that are supposed to work at this stage.

I will be upgrading it to 4.1u in ten minutes from now for all the new games, so if I do not post again, that means everything worked perfect for me though IOSdowngrader did nothing but prompt me to restart, OR PRESS OK to continue

the post i found that alerted my dumb self to this was found here:

[url=http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/9/686800]http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/9/686800[/url]

"You don't have to worry about your 3.1u automatically upgrading or anything like that when connected to the internet. Plus you are on 3.1u so it's not like you need to worry about downgrading anyway."

damn...long azzzz post

I still don't get why you bumped this random thread for what you just posted, but just glancing through your post, installing cIOSCORP was an entirely useless and dangerous thing to do on your system if you are just using USB Loader GX anyways. USB loaders only need a normal cIOS, not cIOS's over EVERY IOS on your system. You should probably read through a recent guide before continuing to do anything. The guide in my sig would be a good start.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
I still don't get why you bumped this random thread for what you just posted, but just glancing through your post, installing cIOSCORP was an entirely useless and dangerous thing to do on your system if you are just using USB Loader GX anyways. USB loaders only need a normal cIOS, not cIOS's over EVERY IOS on your system. You should probably read through a recent guide before continuing to do anything. The guide in my sig would be a good start.
plus1.gif
plus1.gif
plus1.gif
plus1.gif
plus1.gif
plus1.gif
plus1.gif
plus1.gif
plus1.gif
plus1.gif

why the useless random rambling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a good night everyone.