Hacking 2k is dead. 3k found. Latest perma-CFW?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That link does not work... at all. It just keeps looping me back to wololo's main page. :( And the mediafire mirror for v4 is down, too.
It would seem that wololo doesn't like hotlinking, I do apologize. The file is definitely up, I've just downloaded it. :P

Try this then: http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/version/1586 (click the wololo download)
Alternative mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1saa7m6c9js2soc/6.xx Downgrader.zip

Both files download on my end.

EDIT: Just read your update in the previous post... I guess I'm temporarily stumped, I'll have to think a bit about this one. Technically there's no reason why your PSP wouldn't downgrade with the tool you're using.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Reactions: codezer0

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgrader 3.5 doesn't even run at all. Says firmware isn't supported.

I might as well try two-stepping it at this point.

Okay, so at this point I was able to downgrade to 6.39... but it still keeps rejecting 6.20 :huh:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay, so at this point I was able to downgrade to 6.39... but it still keeps rejecting 6.20 :huh:
Now would be the time to try version 3.5, since you're on a supported firmware. ;)

If it fails again, double-check that your motherboard is actually 04g, I smell some foulplay. :P Worst-case scenario, downgrade to 6.35 and try from there.

Yes, downgrading is a bitch.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now would be the time to try version 3.5, since you're on a supported firmware. ;)

If it fails again, double-check that your motherboard is actually 04g, I smell some foulplay. :P Worst-case scenario, downgrade to 6.35 and try from there.

Yes, downgrading is a bitch.
Oh my god, did you ever say it :P But seriously, I never had this much difficulty before. The old 2k didn't even flinch when I downgraded it... when I thought I needed to. And neither did the prior 3k... not sure why this one was such a PITA about it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh my god, did you ever say it :P But seriously, I never had this much difficulty before. The old 2k didn't even flinch when I downgraded it... when I thought I needed to. And neither did the prior 3k... not sure why this one was such a PITA about it.
I take it that it was a great success, congratulations!

The reason why Chronoswitch works without a hitch on some PSP's and not so much on others is that over time the application amassed quite a lot of patches to various firmwares - anyone would get lost in the mix. This is why it's good to gradually go down the list of earlier releases and/or "half-downgrade" when needs be.

Anywho, enjoy 6.20 - you've earned it. :rofl2:

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks :) Just wish it was easier to keep track of all the different versions. :P Speaking of, I also had been meaning to try to find this streaming homebrew. I'd only heard a few blurbs about it on other sites, but now...

iZsLR1N.jpg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks :) Just wish it was easier to keep track of all the different versions. :P Speaking of, I also had been meaning to try to find this streaming homebrew. I'd only heard a few blurbs about it on other sites, but now...
Streaming homebrew?

Do you mean Go!Tube, per chance?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Streaming homebrew?

Do you mean Go!Tube, per chance?
I don't remember the names, persay. but I do remember there were a couple different apps, so that for example, I could have it as a client and stream videos and music from my PC to the PSP. And then I also saw another about a youtube viewer, and one for a bunch of different sites, including TwitchTV if I remember correctly. The youtube one would be monumentally useful. If I could actually watch twitch broadcasts on here, that'd be really cool since SGDQ is currently on. :D

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't remember the names, persay. but I do remember there were a couple different apps, so that for example, I could have it as a client and stream videos and music from my PC to the PSP. And then I also saw another about a youtube viewer, and one for a bunch of different sites, including TwitchTV if I remember correctly. The youtube one would be monumentally useful. If I could actually watch twitch broadcasts on here, that'd be really cool since SGDQ is currently on. :D
Go!Tube is the online streaming one, but it's terribly outdated, many repositories have been dead for a long time. As for streaming from PC to the PSP, there's a variety of apps that do it, for example PSP Media Server - Google around and you'll find something. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.