2DS Suggested Price Drops to $79.99

uIXYwVA.jpg

For all of you late adopters to the 3DS family - hold on just a little bit longer! Come May 20th, 2016 the suggested retail price of Nintendo's increasingly affordable 2DS system drops $20 - from $99.99 to just $79.99.

In addition, some systems will even come installed with Mario Kart 7, arguably one of the console's biggest "must have" game.

That $20 savings can then be reinvested in, you guessed it, more games! 'Nintendo Selects' Reprints of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Yoshi's New Island, Mario Party: Island Tour, and more can be bought for $19.99.

As many will point out, the 2DS does not allow you to play games in 3D, but aside from a few NEW 3DS exclusives, it plays all of the same games that the regular 3DS can. For those with children, those who don't care about 3D, and just overall cost efficient consumers; May 20th is the best time to jump on board the handheld hype train!

:arrow: Source: BusinessWire

Luanking

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It got rid of Oled and it's screen still is better than 3DS ones.
You can use your fingers on 3DS, but it isn't precise.
If they used capacitive touch screens they wouldn't need a stylus.
Saying that they don't use capacitive because everything doesn't have to be the same is pretty idiotic,
what now, are we gonna make smartphones with polyphonic sound and black and white screens and say that?

As I said before, the iPhone 6 is as thin as 3DS top screen part, it has the cpu, the gpu, the ram memory, the speakers, the taptic engine, the gyroscope, the gps, the bluetooth, the screen. Are you really going to say 3DS couldn't be thinner?
You'd need 3 iPhones at least to get it as thick as a New 3DS XL, even if they were iPhone 6Plus, which would be 3 screens,
as big as 3DS XL top screen, and all the hardware.

Thats the reason why I sold my new 3DS after only using it 4 days.

For that price you can get something much better.....especially better sceens!

PolarKoala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's amazing that you can buy two brand-new 3DS games for the same price as a console now. The system really is at its end. Of course, it's library is fantastic, and I advise anyone who's been waiting for the system to be dirt-cheap to take this opportunity, even if the shoulder buttons are less than amazing on this model.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It got rid of Oled and it's screen still is better than 3DS ones.
You can use your fingers on 3DS, but it isn't precise.
If they used capacitive touch screens they wouldn't need a stylus.
Saying that they don't use capacitive because everything doesn't have to be the same is pretty idiotic,
what now, are we gonna make smartphones with polyphonic sound and black and white screens and say that?

As I said before, the iPhone 6 is as thin as 3DS top screen part, it has the cpu, the gpu, the ram memory, the speakers, the taptic engine, the gyroscope, the gps, the bluetooth, the screen. Are you really going to say 3DS couldn't be thinner?
You'd need 3 iPhones at least to get it as thick as a New 3DS XL, even if they were iPhone 6Plus, which would be 3 screens,
as big as 3DS XL top screen, and all the hardware.
Last reply.

3ds has more than one screen to deal with, one of them being 3d. I'm pretty sure I just wrote that.
No, because saying the touchscreen isn't precise, just isn't true. Exaggerated all you want.

iPhone 6 (plus) is also $700. Not sure many would pay for a $700 3ds for some thinnest. This is where the "cheap doesn't mean bad" comes in. Not to mention, peopls complain about the thinnest and battery life of the newest phones all the time.

All that stuff doesn't take as much room as a game slot, stylus, front facing speakers, 3d screen, controls etc.

Can it be a bit thinner? Maybe. Is it necessary or worthwhile? Nope.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Last reply.

3ds has more than one screen to deal with, one of them being 3d. I'm pretty sure I just wrote that.
No, because saying the touchscreen isn't precise, just isn't true. Exaggerated all you want.

iPhone 6 (plus) is also $700. Not sure many would pay for a $700 3ds for some thinnest. This is where the "cheap doesn't mean bad" comes in. Not to mention, peopls complain about the thinnest and battery life of the newest phones all the time.

All that stuff doesn't take as much room as a game slot, stylus, front facing speakers, 3d screen, controls etc.

Can it be a bit thinner? Maybe. Is it necessary or worthwhile? Nope.

Resistive screens aren't precise, this is a fact.
The whole point of using a stylus is because the screen isn't precise.
I put specs, prices and a lot of stuff and you just come here with your subjectiveness.
iPhone is $700 but PSVita is cheaper than 3DS, thinner, have a game slot, front facing speakers and controls.

"Oh but 3DS has 2 screens", so what? A second screen wouldn't made that much weight if it wasn't poorly designed and made to be the cheapest as possible.

Nintendo is basically following Gunpei Yokoi philosophy of selling cheap and outdated hardware and trying to find "original and fun" use for it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resistive screens aren't precise, this is a fact.
The whole point of using a stylus is because the screen isn't precise.
I put specs, prices and a lot of stuff and you just come here with your subjectiveness.
iPhone is $700 but PSVita is cheaper than 3DS, thinner, have a game slot, front facing speakers and controls.

"Oh but 3DS has 2 screens", so what? A second screen wouldn't made that much weight if it wasn't poorly designed and made to be the cheapest as possible.

Nintendo is basically following Gunpei Yokoi philosophy of selling cheap and outdated hardware and trying to find "original and fun" use for it.
I know what I said, but I need to address this at least one more time.

PSVita less hardware and come with expensive memory cards too. Vita isn't that much thinner.

I keep bringing it up, because you keep dismissing it. The money with into to two screens, rather one screen. Some thinnest was sacrifice for two screens.
You complain about hinge, what you think will happen if they try to make it thinner? Reduce grip. Reduce battery? For what? For some unnecessary thinnest? I don't own the New XL, but I held it in my hand before. So comfortable to hold.

I never heard how the resistance screen was so imprecise that you have to whine about how hard it is for you to use your fingers. I heard complaints about multi-touch. Is that what you are talking about? If anything, I hear and read about how inaccurate the capacitive screens are and how most of them can't use anything but your hands or specialized gloves and stylus.

Like I said, cheaper doesn't mean bad. You talk about subjective, but that is the whole basis about rather 3ds is too thick and I still think it isn't.
I can't wait to buy the VMMDS since he can much it so much better.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know what I said, but I need to address this at least one more time.

PSVita less hardware and come with expensive memory cards too. Vita isn't that much thinner.

I keep bringing it up, because you keep dismissing it. The money with into to two screens, rather one screen. Some thinnest was sacrifice for two screens.
You complain about hinge, what you think will happen if they try to make it thinner? Reduce grip. Reduce battery? For what? For some unnecessary thinnest? I don't own the New XL, but I held it in my hand before. So comfortable to hold.

I never heard how the resistance screen was so imprecise that you have to whine about how hard it is for you to use your fingers. I heard complaints about multi-touch. Is that what you are talking about? If anything, I hear and read about how inaccurate the capacitive screens are and how most of them can't use anything but your hands or specialized gloves and stylus.

Like I said, cheaper doesn't mean bad. You talk about subjective, but that is the whole basis about rather 3ds is too thick and I still think it isn't.
I can't wait to buy the VMMDS since he can much it so much better.

Let's see, PSVita is cheaper, lighter, more powerful, has a better screen, it's OS works better, it has cloud saving, it uses a proper account system, the games are cheaper, but all you care is that it doesn't have a second screen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1