Hacking 2DS on 7.2.0-12U, help installing CFW!

TheTrippyHippie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just purchased a 2DS on 7.2.0-12U for $40. Wanting to install CFW on it and use it but i don't know how to update it to use soundhax and i dont know how to mod it on the FW it is already on because from my research, it has no browser access. Haven't attempted it yet. Please help!

TheTrippyHippie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried it yet but from what the instructions said, if your browser ver is below 25(mine is on 12 im assuming) then you have to use the no browser method.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried it yet but from what the instructions said, if your browser ver is below 25(mine is on 12 im assuming) then you have to use the no browser method.
read carefully it says

If you updated with a game cart containing the version 9.9.0 or above (meaning that you have a version on 9.9.0 or above, but your browser is on -25 or lower, such as 10.2.0-24), your browser was removed and you will need to use the “No Browser” column.

you are on
7.2.0-12U
so you dont fall into that category as you never used a game to update

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay. Any tips? Never have really modded like this with all of these crazy steps.
Just follow the guide as written and don't do anything it doesn't say to do. If you feel you're at risk of panicking and doing something stupid, take a deep breath and ask here.

Reactions: ThoD

TheTrippyHippie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read carefully it says

If you updated with a game cart containing the version 9.9.0 or above (meaning that you have a version on 9.9.0 or above, but your browser is on -25 or lower, such as 10.2.0-24), your browser was removed and you will need to use the “No Browser” column.

you are on
so you dont fall into that category as you never used a game to update
Actually, a game was used to update it. It was pokemon omega ruby, but since i am at 7 and not 9, will i still be able to?

TheTrippyHippie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just follow the guide as written and don't do anything it doesn't say to do. If you feel you're at risk of panicking and doing something stupid, take a deep breath and ask here.
Awesome. Thanks. With doing this, will this already update me to where i can use the latest cfw as well as the latest ofw?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, a game was used to update it. It was pokemon omega ruby, but since i am at 7 and not 9, will i still be able to?
should still be fine they did not stub the browser until 9.x (when browserhax was the thing to do). . . so older updates should not include the browser blocking stub

Last edited by wormdood,

TheTrippyHippie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should still be fine they did not stub the browser until 9.x (when browserhax was the thing to do). . . so older updates should not include the browser blocking stub
Question, i currently have no computer around to use but i do have a android phone, would i be able to use my phone(LG Stylo 3) to format the 64GB sd card to FAT32 and load the files on that way?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Would this have me completely updated and ready to play USUM and play it online?
Yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Question, i currently have no computer around to use but i do have a android phone, would i be able to use my phone(LG Stylo 3) to format the 64GB sd card to FAT32 and load the files on that way?
This I'm not sure - do you have a smaller one you can use temporarily?

TheTrippyHippie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This I'm not sure - do you have a smaller one you can use temporarily?
Computer? I don't. I can do it tomorrow at the library(possibly, no guarantee) but I'd perfer to get it done tonight if i could. Have you even heard of it before?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone