Hardware 2DS not working with SD Cards?

Seriel

Doing her best
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there, i'm posting this on behalf of my friend. He has a 2DS which I was going to hack for him when we can get our hands on OOT3D (using my hacked 3ds to install the save.) However, something odd has started happening.
Everytime he puts any SD Card in the system, it says that it can't load the software on the SD card, and doing anything that needs an SD Card fails in some way.
He's tried formatting it but that doesn't work. Any SD Card will give this error, even one that works fine in my 3ds.

At the moment his 2DS is not hacked at all, so it can't be a hack acting up. I was just wondering if there is any way it could be fixed?
(I do know this person irl but i'm not with them at the moment, I can skype suggestions though.)

Thanks for any help.
~Jackus

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. An SD Card that works in my 3ds doesnt work in his 2ds.
Your friends sd card reader on one the system is broken then. You'll either have to have Nintendo fix it or take it and the replacement part to some one with soldering skills that can do it for a cheaper price. Or just but a whole new motherboard for it, it's easy to replace as long as you be careful And gentle with the ribbon cables.

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Everytime he puts any SD Card in the system, it says that it can't load the software on the SD card
Apparently seems that the 2DS recognizes the SD, otherwise it shouldn't shows any message on boot.
It's just an idea: try to enter in Settings > Data > 3DS softwares, maybe it will create the "Nintendo 3DS" folder.
Or it can be a Theme problem: try to change theme

Seriel

Doing her best
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently seems that the 2DS recognizes the SD, otherwise it shouldn't shows any message on boot.
It's just an idea: try to enter in Settings > Data > 3DS softwares, maybe it will create the "Nintendo 3DS" folder.
Or it can be a Theme problem: try to change theme
  1. Entering Data Management -> 3DS Software shows no software.
  2. Entering Theme Switcher gives an error. I can't remember the exact wording, he showed me it earlier today.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried all this before when he showed me it lol

Huge maybe, try formatting it with SDFormatter v4.0 with Erase (OverWrite) and Format Size Adjustment on.
Well, let's put it this way.
He tried.
HOLY SHIT IM TIRED OF BULLSHIT ERRORS FOR FUCKS SAKE
Fuck me I need a sledgehammer.
*ahem*
Well, any more suggestions?

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
no SD card problems in my new 2DS but i did have SD card problems on a launch 3DS. it would produce and error saying the SD was removed, which it wasnt.

everybody above has provided the proper standard suggestions

try a NON HC 2GB/4GB SD and see if the error happens again.

CoolDude94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am having thee same problem with my 2ds. I formatted sd card but I cant get system turned on for it to even run. however it works on my laptop and 3ds.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i am having thee same problem with my 2ds. I formatted sd card but I cant get system turned on for it to even run. however it works on my laptop and 3ds.
You do realize this thread was from over 3 years ago. its best to make a new thread instead of necrobumping old ones. Which is, if you read the rules, against tos.

CoolDude94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize this thread was from over 3 years ago. its best to make a new thread instead of necrobumping old ones. Which is, if you read the rules, against tos.
totally my bad... I honestly didn't pay attention to how old the thread was until you pointed it out.

yeah... just wanted some help with my sd card not working on my 2ds and saw this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1