Hardware 2DS charges for a couple seconds then stops, won't turn on.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,375
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
This morning my sister began having issues with her 2DS. It wouldn't charge for more than a few seconds, and wouldn't even turn on at all. There's not much I can do on my own to try and figure out what the problem is. I can't even find the correct screwdrivers to unscrew the back and check out the battery pack (I'm looking around in our house for one, but haven't had any luck yet). Does anyone have a guess as to what the issue might be? She's only had her 2DS since Christmas, and if possible, we don't want to exchange it or send it in to Nintendo for repairs, because she has CFW on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm pretty sure it's the battery.

I'm having a similar issue with my DSi. The contact wore off, and my battery hardly gets working.
That's what I was thinking the issue was, but I also thought it was too new for that to happen just yet.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
That's what I was thinking the issue was, but I also thought it was too new for that to happen just yet.
We never know.

If you could get another battery on it, you will know.
Was it dropped or something? My dsi actually was dropped before this began to happen :(

D

Deleted User

OP
We never know.

If you could get another battery on it, you will know.
Was it dropped or something? My dsi actually was dropped before this began to happen :(
Oh god, tons of times. I can't even count how many times.

m0rt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had a similar problem with a 2DS that has dropped. It would never turn on, i replaced the battery too but that didn't help. I solved it by opening up the 2DS and repairing the sleep switch which was not working correctly anymore after the drop. Give it a try after you have tested the battery :)

Reactions: Deleted User

MrJaggerson

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I had a similar problem with a 2DS that has dropped. It would never turn on, i replaced the battery too but that didn't help. I solved it by opening up the 2DS and repairing the sleep switch which was not working correctly anymore after the drop. Give it a try after you have tested the battery :)

Hey m0rt, how exactly did you fixed the sleep switch? I'm having the same issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: