www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
98zuq0.jpg

GAME TITLE: Nanashi no Game​
GAME PUBLISHER: Square Enix​
RELEASE DATE: 7/3/2008 (JP)​

As of page 4 of this thread (August 2nd), a full translation project has been going for Nanashi no Game. It's not my project, but I'll be updating this first post with any further information and anything released prior to this edit (7:47PM CST on 9/11/11), since the project is being discussed in this thread.​

10/20/2011 -- Patch v1.1 is released.
10/14/2011 -- Bug report form updated.
10/14/2011 -- Patch v1.0 is released.
fzCOd.png
jqCIT.png

wuqgK.png
bfCiM.png

ItLXz.png
EEUyi.png
LPhOf.png
FileTrip
v1.2 -- MediaFire
Be sure to read the ReadMe!
THIS TRANSLATION IS 100% COMPLETE

Nagato said:
P.S. There is a special CURSED level that can be played by inputting a secret word* on the name input screen. Good luck!
If you see any bugs in-game, please use the following template to report them in this thread. Don't forget to provide some context clues in the description such as text that was recently displayed.
System: EMULATOR | NINTENDO DS
Flashcart Name and Firmware Version: (SKIP IF USING EMULATOR)
Emulator Name and Version: (SKIP IF USING NINTENDO DS)
Patch Version:
Days Remaining:
Character's Gender:
Detailed Description of Bug:
Image(s) of Bug: (SKIP IF NOT APPLICABLE)

Things NOT considered bugs:
- Anything relating to UK English
- A player's name causing line breaks sooner than usual
-All glitchy graphics in the cursed game or the TS menu (these are intentional)

This is all possible thanks to:
Nagato: Project leader, hacker, programmer.​
summvs: Translator.​
Ryusui: Proofreader, graphic designer.​
G-Han: Additional translation work.​
Sora de Eclaune, GhostCar: Playtesting​
Great work, everyone!​

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
You might want to check the posts on Sigma Harmonics. Pain in the arse for exactly the same reason. It requires a modification to the textboxes themselves amongst other things, which is something you need asm knowledge for - there are few enough people even capable of doing this, let alone willing.

If you have further questions, perhaps try PMing someone with a bit more experience in these matters.

I suggest this thread be closed since it's kinda pointless...

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Valiarchon said:
You might want to check the posts on Sigma Harmonics. Pain in the arse for exactly the same reason. It requires a modification to the textboxes themselves amongst other things, which is something you need asm knowledge for - there are few enough people even capable of doing this, let alone willing.

If you have further questions, perhaps try PMing someone with a bit more experience in these matters.

I suggest this thread be closed since it's kinda pointless...
I thought I saw an english translation (I can't remember if it was official or a fan translation) of Sigma Harmonics somewhere...

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
I thought I saw an english translation (I can't remember if it was official or a fan translation) of Sigma Harmonics somewhere...

If I recall, there isn't an actual patch of Sigma Harmonics, yet. There's guides all over the place, but that's all I've seen so far.
I find it strange how people think romhacking is so easy. It's games like Nanashi no Game that proves otherwise.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
Most people think you just boot up a program and it displays all the text in ready-to-edit form.

Most people are wrong then.
FAST didn't write the giant wall text of China for something as simply as booting up a program and "VOILA!" magic happens.

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Sora de Eclaune said:

I'm working on one, perhaps it was that?
tongue.gif

No official release though, that's for sure.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Valiarchon said:
Sora de Eclaune said:

I'm working on one, perhaps it was that?
tongue.gif

No official release though, that's for sure.
That may have been it. Can I have a link to whatever thread you may have made about it?

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Sora de Eclaune said:
That may have been it. Can I have a link to whatever thread you may have made about it?

My thread - http://gbatemp.net/t212871-sigma-harmonics?&st=0
AshenPhoenix's thread - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143...p;#entry1848541

QUOTE(Fel @ Jun 29 2011, 03:04 AM) There is a complete Chinese translation of Sigma Harmonics though I'm not sure if they didn't have to convert the text at all since all they have to do is replace kanji/hiragana/katakana with Chinese characters.
A google translate of the chinese translation site - http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...953512517.shtml
Yes, they only turned off compression, modified font and replaced japanese with chinese (including images).

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Looking good! I took a look at doing that sort of hack for sigma harmonics last week but decided it wasn't worth the time/effort. I'd be interested to see how your programs and asm mods work if you dont mind sharing the sources.

qweasd123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nanashi no Game and Sigma Harmonics are the most interesting not translated Japanese games. I don't know why people are translating shitty games like Bleach or Naruto, and are not trying to translate this.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qweasd123 said:
Nanashi no Game and Sigma Harmonics are the most interesting not translated Japanese games. I don't know why people are translating shitty games like Bleach or Naruto, and are not trying to translate this.

Simple. Because we translate what we're interested in and won't break our backs too much. If we translate something we find boring or out of our abilities, we won't finish them. Why would anyone want an unfinished game? Which is why we translate things suitable for everyone and within our abilities, while we enjoy them as well. I don't get why some people can't respect that, though.

Good luck, Nagato.

Reactions: 1 person

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
whoa. wait what i don't even

REAL PROGRESS? finally. all it needs is some serious interest and motivation on the part of hackers/coders/translators and this should be off to a really nice start.

i've meddled around in the game without knowing what i'm doing, and i got around to the 8bit game part, and the in-game glitches were pretty interesting. it's like playing through some beta game, or reliving my PSX RPGmaker days of debugging/tweaking. I'm sort of into the japanese cursed stuff (the Honto ni Atta! Noroi no Bideo being one of my latest fads), and this is definitely giving off the same vibes.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is about as exciting as translations get for me. I've been hoping for work on this since I first learned of the game. The fact that real progress on how to make the translations tells me that it's only a matter of time before playable points begin!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +1