Hardware 20 free games enough to compensate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sergster1 said:
I never said I love Nintendo I said get the hell off cause you are a pirate and expect everything is handy dandy cause of that. Nintendo's job isn't to please US the pirates. Its job is to please the other 80% who don't pirate games and are legitimate gamers. Sure I do pirate games but I still try and buy the games I do pirate because I don't want to see the amount of shovel ware that the DS had ever again. Hell even after this e3 I'm somewhat against pirating any games here on out that will be released cause I'm looking forward to this new generation of games. If I DO ever get a 3DS flashcard if its released I will try and use it mainly for homebrew or on rare occasions to demo a game before i buy it. Does this make me somewhat of a hypocrite? Sure but it shows I'm not being ignorant like you and people like you who don't seem to realize that piracy can bring an end to a console/make the experience less enjoyable for everyone.
It's funny to me that you obviously understand I BOUGHT the 3DS on day one for full price, knowing FULL well that Nintendo might have some serious security in place, and I might not be pirating games any time soon, if ever. I was willing to invest $250, not with intentions of piracy, but intentions of purchasing 3D games and content. I really did not spend $250 for some old roms. If Nintendo gave me some timeframe for when 3D movies will be available, I would be more than happy with this entire situation. That is literally all I want right now. One single answer.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
sergster1 said:
deathking said:
sergster1 said:
yuyuyup said:
Here are the following points I've made that people arguing with me have failed to address:

1. The most important issue of this absolutely unprecedented price slash, the undermining of Nintendo quality. A system five months old moving so much closer to the bargain bin, SO fast.

2. I bought the 3DS under the impression Augmented Reality would be an important feature. WHY did I believe such a CRAZY off the wall notion ? Oh I don't know. I guess the pack of AR cards coming to life was just too exciting and fun for me. There I go, imagining the potential of the 3DS. What was I thinking ?

3. 3D movies. Sure, I'm positive full-length 3D movies are coming, and I am excited. Yes, I do enjoy the few 3D movies available right now. But I'm still waiting. And it's not good that a MASSIVE HUGE PRICE SLASH came before full length 3D movies.

If I wasn't such a pirating little bastard, I concede 20 free roms would be somewhat good. But I didn't ask for 20 free roms. I asked for 3D movies, Augmented Reality, and Megaman Legends 3.

Please get the hell off this forum. kthxbai.

On another note The GBA games that you will be getting will be ambassador program EXCLUSIVES. Thus making their worth even higher. Plus if you're gonna bitch and moan so much go sell of your 3DS once you get the ambassador titles cause that will EASILY make it a technical "special edition" 3DS and you MIGHT get away with selling it for $200+.

You really think this ambassador program will be exclusive ???? they pretty much already promised all the games will be out retail edition some time soon anyways
so you just paid for 20 games at a slight discounted price but had no say in what games you get
and selling it used you can say comes with 10 nes and 10 gba games while most second hand people wont care

the only way it will make it exclusive is if the ambadasor program causes the 3ds to be hacked

They explicitly said they had no plans on releasing the GBA games to the public in their announcement. (they DID say they currently had no plans so I CAN see how this could be interpreted differently by people) Now however you interpret it is up to you.

1 they already said the nes games will come out retail with multiplayer
and 2 if you think nintendo will not put out the classics on gba to make more money

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
yuyuyup said:
sergster1 said:
I never said I love Nintendo I said get the hell off cause you are a pirate and expect everything is handy dandy cause of that. Nintendo's job isn't to please US the pirates. Its job is to please the other 80% who don't pirate games and are legitimate gamers. Sure I do pirate games but I still try and buy the games I do pirate because I don't want to see the amount of shovel ware that the DS had ever again. Hell even after this e3 I'm somewhat against pirating any games here on out that will be released cause I'm looking forward to this new generation of games. If I DO ever get a 3DS flashcard if its released I will try and use it mainly for homebrew or on rare occasions to demo a game before i buy it. Does this make me somewhat of a hypocrite? Sure but it shows I'm not being ignorant like you and people like you who don't seem to realize that piracy can bring an end to a console/make the experience less enjoyable for everyone.
It's funny to me that you obviously understand I BOUGHT the 3DS on day one for full price, knowing FULL well that Nintendo might have some serious security in place, and I might not be pirating games any time soon, if ever. I was willing to invest $250, not with intentions of piracy, but intentions of purchasing 3D games and content. I really did not spend $250 for some old roms. If Nintendo gave me some timeframe for when 3D movies will be available, I would be more than happy with this entire situation. That is literally all I want right now. One single answer.
Hey, but offering old 'legit' roms are better than nothing, right?
But yeah, not offering 3DS Downloads (there's one game available NOW) for free is a little dumb for a 3D intended handheld.

Anyway, more 3D content is coming soon. The 3DS is still early in it's lifespan.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
sergster1 said:

Nintendo doesn't control the release of 3D movies. The producers who MAKE the 3D movies do. Just like Nintendo can't control Megaman Legends being cancelled or the games that were supposed to be launch titles getting delayed. The only thing Nintendo can do is push developers to make the games faster but they know if they do that the game can and will come out sloppy and horrible. If you want results go to the game companies and not nintendo. Also have you heard of ANY nintendo produced games getting delayed this year? No. So please go bash on someone else and not nintendo.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Hey, but offering old 'legit' roms are better than nothing, right?
But yeah, not offering 3DS Downloads (there's one game available NOW) for free is a little dumb for a 3D intended handheld.

Anyway, more 3D content is coming soon. The 3DS is still early in it's lifespan.
The offer of free roms smacks of desperation. They couldn't pony up a 3D game or something ? They need to offer ancient content ? Why can't Nintendo invest in some 3D content, like, right fucking now ? Like they are STARTING to do FINALLY, but god damn it I want full 3D movies. And it would be GREAT if I could get those before the next 3DS price drop.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
1. The most important issue of this absolutely unprecedented price slash, the undermining of Nintendo quality. A system five months old moving so much closer to the bargain bin, SO fast.
This is all I have to read to know you're talking out of your ass. N64 and GameCube both had price cuts within the first six months of their release so this is not even close to being "absolutely unprecedented." What is unprecedented is Nintendo giving something back to those who paid the original price.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
sergster1 said:
yuyuyup said:
sergster1 said:

Nintendo doesn't control the release of 3D movies. The producers who MAKE the 3D movies do. Just like Nintendo can't control Megaman Legends being cancelled or the games that were supposed to be launch titles getting delayed. The only thing Nintendo can do is push developers to make the games faster but they know if they do that the game can and will come out sloppy and horrible. If you want results go to the game companies and not nintendo. Also have you heard of ANY nintendo produced games getting delayed this year? No. So please go bash on someone else and not nintendo.
But they can at least offer the content to us for free rather than old games, right?

Maybe they didn't want it as the 3D content now is still bleak.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sergster1 said:
Couldn't Nintendo PAY people to create some movies for me to PAY for ? They got that Shark and Bear video from Collegehumor. It's not a huge massive request. It is a feature I was appropriately expecting. Why does Nintendo not want to take my money ? ? ? I bought that new Gameloft 3D golf game on day one and it's great. I want to pay for more. Also, who the hell says Nintendo can't make some content ? ? ? They make cutscenes for games, etc. Why not some CGI 3D Kirby, Fire Emblem, etc. Oh there I go again, thinking of what could be if Nintendo would get their shit together.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
sergster1 said:
Couldn't Nintendo PAY people to create some movies for me to PAY for ? Its not that simple you idiot. Animation, Recording, Modeling these all take TIME and MONEY to release and they dont even know if someone will buy it! A good amount of people on this forum dont even use the 3D often. They got that Shark and Bear video from Collegehumor. Indie animation and videos are much easyier to get then something nintendo had to buy to get made, Mostly because indie animators are usually looking for big companies to back them. But it STILL takes time to FIND content and to make deals and all. It's not a huge massive request. Its not huge but its not as easy as you think. It is a feature I was appropriately expecting. Then WAIT instead of freaking out 6 months after release. Why does Nintendo not want to take my money ? They want your money but they dont want to give out sub-par content to make a quick buck. Do you want loads of stupid long 3D videos or a few Great well made 3D videos? I bought that new Gameloft 3D golf game on day one and it's great. Seriously -.- I want to pay for more. ...whut. Also, who the hell says Nintendo can't make some content ? They make cutscenes for games, etc. You do know that most of their cutsences are made by 3rd party people right? And even those take time to make. Why not some CGI 3D Kirby, Fire Emblem, etc. Dude nobody wants stupid fire emblem or kirby videos, Most of Nintendos market didnt even know there was a smash bros BEFORE brawl! you think they want to see kirby jumping around and shit? you think they want to see what marth is up to this week? No they dont. They want to see things like funny animations or music videos not CGI and NOBODY would pay for it. Oh there I go again, bitching and moaning because im too much of a impatient little brat.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Zantigo I love you
wub.gif

yuyuyup, Quit your god damn bitching. 20 free QUALITY games for loyal customers is an excellent way to repay us, they didn't have to do it. The console has been out 6 MONTHS. If you expected there to be every single feature you are quite the idiot. I expect the 3DS to reach it's full potential by the end of 2011 and midway through 2012. If you can't wait that long then sell your 3DS and gtfo. FYI not every single person who has a 3DS has ever played a NES game, and it's almost a guarantee they don't know what pirating is. They dropped the price of the 3DS because they knew they charged to much for it, Nintendo knows exactly what they are doing and they have an excess amount of fund from DS/Wii games so they don't necessarily have to worry about the price drop. 6 months for a console is definitely not enough time to criticize every feature it has/doesn't have.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
@Zantigo: That's true. But at the same time, film studios should be very very eager to publish their movie trailers on 3DS - FOR FREE, or even pay Nintendo as they are paying advertising agencies to promote their products.

It would be really a win-win situations: gamers are happy as they are getting free content; Nintendo is happy as their console has more appeal; film studios are happy as more people come to cinemas after seeing trailers (some of them in 3D).

But this is not happening, strangely.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
@Zantigo: That's true. But at the same time, film studios should be very very eager to publish their movie trailers on 3DS - FOR FREE, or even pay Nintendo as they are paying advertising agencies to promote their products.

It would be really a win-win situations: gamers are happy as they are getting free content; Nintendo is happy as their console has more appeal; film studios are happy as more people come to cinemas after seeing trailers (some of them in 3D).

But this is not happening, strangely.
Yah because the green lantern, smurfs and captian america videos are the complete oppisite of trailers right? That whole captian america video explaining the plot of the movie and showing some parts of it. THATS NOT A TRAILER. /sarcasm. Why do you want stupid trailers anyway >:\ We get enough of them on TV and the internet.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
yuyuyup said:
sergster1 said:
Please get the hell off this forum. kthxbai.

On another note The GBA games that you will be getting will be ambassador program EXCLUSIVES. Thus making their worth even higher. Plus if you're gonna bitch and moan so much go sell of your 3DS once you get the ambassador titles cause that will EASILY make it a technical "special edition" 3DS and you MIGHT get away with selling it for $200+.
Wow, is that really necessary ? You are so married to Nintendo that you banish me from the forum ? If you think GBA roms are going to make a used 3DS worth $200+, I'm sorry but that's apeshit crazy. And I doubt they will be exclusive for long. But I don't give a shit about a GBA rom, I want 3D CONTENT.
>I want new visuals and don't care about games

You don't make any sense

Edit: You keep describing the games as "ROMs" as if this somehow negates their value. And as a pirate, how can you say these sweeping things about how Nintendo's done everything wrong, when clearly you're part of the 1% of gamers who even has an avenue to play these games for free

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As i said before and will state again. Nintendo doesnt GIVE A RATS ASS about us pirates. They just want to make our lives as miserable as we have made theirs. They don't care if YOU as a pirate already have access to these games through illegitimate means. Unless you have PURCHASED every single game they are offering you have NO argument. Just be grateful for what you got cause AGAIN Nintendo doesn't owe us anything. Look up on how capitalism works. Also even if you did buy each and EVERY single game on that list you still don't have that good of an argument. Because it seems that they will be remastered editions with some features that they didn't have before such as link play on consoles that could natively play them the said game. ie DS Phat and Lite

Also +1 to Midna and Zantigo

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sergster1 said:
They just want to make our lives as miserable as we have made theirs.

Oh, yes, we've made them miserable all right. How on earth can they be happy being a multi-million dollar company that a good majority of the world knows by name whether they own one of their systems or not is just so difficult for them because a small fraction of their customer base doesn't pay for their games? I know that if Nintendo was signing my paychecks, I'd have such a grimace on my face every time I took it to the bank, just knowing that there are people out there that didn't contribute to Nintendo's net worth.

Seriously, 20 free games is fine by me. Especially since GBA emulation on portable devices isn't perfect. (PSP comes to mind, it always lagged or crashed for me.)

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MarcusRaven said:
sergster1 said:
They just want to make our lives as miserable as we have made theirs.

Oh, yes, we've made them miserable all right. How on earth can they be happy being a multi-million dollar company that a good majority of the world knows by name whether they own one of their systems or not is just so difficult for them because a small fraction of their customer base doesn't pay for their games? I know that if Nintendo was signing my paychecks, I'd have such a grimace on my face every time I took it to the bank, just knowing that there are people out there that didn't contribute to Nintendo's net worth.

Seriously, 20 free games is fine by me. Especially since GBA emulation on portable devices isn't perfect. (PSP comes to mind, it always lagged or crashed for me.)

Unfortunately the so called "small fraction" you are talking about is not small, but HUGE. A lot of people bought the DS just because it is so easy to hack. Though they even seemed to make money off of it, they could have made WAY more money without the flash-carts.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would be so happy and excited for the future of the 3DS if Nintendo would give me a vague prediction when we will have full length 3d movies. Why is this such a difficult request ? Is it going to take another year ?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah,

20 free games is plenty to compensate.
Did Sony or MS ever give 20 free games to compensate early ps3/x360 adaptors when the dropped the price?
2 Free games out of 5 for a month of psnless was all Sony gave.

Big N didn't had to give us a damned thing for there price drop, early adaptors know the always pay more then ppl who wait. Even it it was only 2 games i would be happy, 20 is more then we could hoped for and 10 of them or GBA games, not available soon for others
smile.gif
I'm not complaining, i bought all my consoles on launch day (except for the PS3), do you hear me bitching about the low price the are now? and i want to get compensated for that? NO
It's the way it works and i know this before i purchase stuff.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
yuyuyup said:
I would be so happy and excited for the future of the 3DS if Nintendo would give me a vague prediction when we will have full length 3d movies. Why is this such a difficult request ? Is it going to take another year ?

There aren't a lot of 3D movies. 3D movies right now also aren't made with glasses less 3D in mind. Basically, the 3D has to be applied from start to finish by a professional team for every single release.

Can you see why it might take awhile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like to interact with my smut ok