Hacking 2 questions about wads

tan-tan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I re-modded my Wii about a year or so ago with Modmii. After I followed the guide and installed everything, I noticed there was a channel on my system menu called USB loader channel with a grey-black background and a spinning USB hard drive icon. What exactly does this channel do?

2. I've been wanting to install some new channel wads to increase the usefulness of my Wii console. This isn't something I've ever done before (besides during the modmii guide) I'm not sure what sort of precautions to take to make sure I don't brick my wii. (I found a reputable source for wads so that shouldn't be an issue) I was not able to install bootmii as boot2 during my modding process so that is not a possible recovery option if I get a brick. Because of this I am very cautious and have not modified anything on the NAND since I modded. (I do have a NAND backup) What should I do to make sure my wads are safe to use, and that I am installing them properly? Thank you.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. It's a forwarder channel for a usb loader program that is installed on your hard drive or sd card. You use it instead of going through the homebrew channel to access the usb loader.

2.Since you can't install bootmii as boot2 then you need to install priiloader. That is the highest level of protection you can get without having bootmii as boot2.
That way if you do install a bad wad then you can use priiloader to access the homebrew channel and then you can uninstall the bad wad. Its still possible to delete priiloader though by installing a system menu wad.

tan-tan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. It's a forwarder channel for a usb loader program that is installed on your hard drive or sd card. You use it instead of going through the homebrew channel to access the usb loader.

2.Since you can't install bootmii as boot2 then you need to install priiloader. That is the highest level of protection you can get without having bootmii as boot2.
That way if you do install a bad wad then you can use priiloader to access the homebrew channel and then you can uninstall the bad wad. Its still possible to delete priiloader though by installing a system menu wad.

Great, I'll look into priiloader. Is 0.7 the latest version? (As shown here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/Priiloader )
I see it specifically mentions to install only on a wii with unmodified IOSs (I'm pretty sure some of mine are modified?)
Should I install it or could it brick my Wii? (I can do a syscheck to see what is going on with the IOS)

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I messaged the author of the app and asked him which one you should use. When i get a reply i will let you know.

EDIT: I got a response.

Well it's not officially cleared and I'm not responsible if it goes wrong, but a few dozen people have tested it without issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...