Android 2 questions about Android

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I have auto updates turned on, but why do certain apps still need to be updated manually? I wonder if because their permissions changed which would make sense I guess. but I don't actually know the reason.

2) How to get rid of ADS on the home screen?! To make matters worse the apps advertised are usually total crap or dont interest me. Just look at this screencap.

Attachments

• _20150122_220525.JPG
    _20150122_220525.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 234

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I have auto updates turned on, but why do certain apps still need to be updated manually? I wonder if because their permissions changed which would make sense I guess. but I don't actually know the reason.

2) How to get rid of ADS on the home screen?! To make matters worse the apps advertised are usually total crap or dont interest me. Just look at this screencap.

What are you running kitkat,lollipop?

1) happens to me to i think it is just the playstore

2) try adblock plus if rooted or if not cleanmaster detects ads

loco365

Trophies
XP
If it's on your homescreen, it might either be that you have a widget on your homescreen that's advertising, or your have a shit launcher. You can find replacement launchers on the Google Play Store (Epic Launcher is a good free one that I use on literally all of my devices, it's based on AOSP, and even the free version is fairly customizable). What device is it that has this?

Reactions: Mario92

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's on your homescreen, it might either be that you have a widget on your homescreen that's advertising, or your have a shit launcher. You can find replacement launchers on the Google Play Store (Epic Launcher is a good free one that I use on literally all of my devices, it's based on AOSP, and even the free version is fairly customizable). What device is it that has this?

Nova launcher is also pretty good but its all your taste

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea turns out those are widgets and I can just hold to remove them. Now why didn't I think of that?

Anyway I guess this answers both of my questions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol