Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
psp.gif

Booster has just released his latest version of Devhook (a program that fully emulates firmwares) and it's now compatible with firmware 2.71
biggrin.gif

Take a gander here for info and download.

Awesome work from Booster! That now means that the latest PSP firmware can be emulated on 1.5, meaning all UMD's will run fine without firmware upgrade
yaypsp.gif

Now I can buy Tekken Dark Resurrection when it comes out here, along with Ridge Racer 2 hopefully. There are a few bugs with devhook 0.44 at the moment like 333Mhz clockspeed not working so I'll stick with 2.6 emulation with devhook 0.43 at the moment until the bugs are fixed.

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never really thought the flash player would suck so much. Anyone know where to get some decent websites or a web portal or something that doesn't make the psp use all of its memory?
Gooooo Tekken: DR!!

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
True, those people that wanted to get one so they could play the latest games without having to upgrade probably won't get one now. The only ones that will be interested in it are the ones that upgraded to 2.7. Since all the other firmwares can now downgrade to 1.5 and run devhook. Also there are some people that have that funky motherboard TA-082 I think so they are outta luck with the mod chip and down graders
frown.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think because of this breakthrough, the Undiluted Platinum Modchip's value just got seriously diluted
laugh.gif

nobody would buy the UP chip for that price anyway...
Not to mention the fact that you have to have the soldering skills of a pro to install it. BTW, at the moment I'm current using Devhook 0.42 and running eboot 2.50. If I want to upgrade the eboot to 2.60 do i still need to find those decrypted files?

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes you will need the decrypted firmware files for any newer firmware that you want to emulate. I have the full version with all the decrypted firmwares included. I would post the link here but I'm not sure if it is OK let me know otherwise just PM me and I will send you the link.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never mind, I found the reboot.bin file. I'm trying to upgrade my devhook to 0.44 and my eboot to 2.6 but I'm having trouble. When I go to devhook and press start, I'm presented with a black screen and then nothing.

D

Deleted User

Never mind, I found the reboot.bin file. I'm trying to upgrade my devhook to 0.44 and my eboot to 2.6 but I'm having trouble. When I go to devhook and press start, I'm presented with a black screen and then nothing.

QUOTEFirmware => 2.71
(WARNING: Make SURE you have it clocked at 222mhz (as having it at 333mhz will FREEZE YOUR PSP (on the first try anyhow), so set it to 222mhz first)
taken from a great tutorial over at ps2nfo.com (just click the link).

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In the options go to OTHER then "preload address" and change it to 0x89000000 that worked for me I had the same problem but this fixed it.

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes it will allow you to run the newer games, you just need the iso or umd of the game you want to run and the latest devhook with the decrypted firmwares here is a compatibility list of the games that work with it.

http://www.ps2nfo.com/forums/showthread.ph...71967#post71967

and there is a tutorial on that site as well to tell you how to get it working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.