Hardware 2.5 Quick questions about the Wii->WiiU transfer software

Mercenaryx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, will apps such as "netflix" and the opera internet browser also be transferred or will there be room for common sense to kick in this time and make the transfer ignore those types of channels...?

Also i was wondering if after i do the transfer, will i be able to purchase games through the vWii's wii shop channel? Theres still a number of games on the wii shop channel that I would like to purchase... you know... legitly.

I've already asked a number of questions about the ability to transfer VC/WW stuff from the wii to the WiiU and i was told that if i back up the NAND on my wii before using the transfer software, i can use the NAND restore afterwards to get back all the games i want and have them on both consoles. (Can i get a second opinion on if this is or isnt the case from someone please? I need to be VERY clear on this before I make the attempt) In any case, i neglected to mention in those posts that I have too many purchased downloads on my Wii and it got to the point where i had to store some of them on an SD card - one which i'm planning not to use for the data transfer software (I'll be using a separate one) If I elect to use this seperate SD card, will this software still transfer the games that are not actually on my Wii console, to the WiiU? (In other words should I take the time to make room and move these purchased games back to the wii before the transfer?)

Mercenaryx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If at all possible I'd like to keep netflix on my original Wii because i'd like to be able to watch it in my bedroom.

edit: The nand backup took like less than like 90 megabytes.. far as i could see ... this cannot be right... did i do it correctly?

lol i really appreciate your help with me between last night and tonight i just need a second person to confirm that bold part for me besides you. I'm sure you know what your talking about but this is a 1 time decision that cannot be undone.

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Netflix and Opera are NOT transferred (because they already made the adaptations for the Wii U, but the system will clear them off anyway, so the NAND dump restore will be your best option

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr