Hardware 15 3DS's later, finally found dual IPS!

H0thTr0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woooo!! I'm so so freaking happy!! I got my second Fire Emblem 3ds awhile ago from Amazon 1 day shipping for free! Opened it up, crossed my fingers and toes, thought good thoughts and powered it on....

Wooooot!! I got dual IPS screens on this beautiful thing at long freaking last! After trying around 12 3ds at Gamestop and 6 local and online exchanges, I finally got a perfect one! Sadly, it does have the clicky hinges and wobble, but I guess that's the trade off for a much much more important IPS screens!

I can't believe the color difference! They are so rich and deep compared to the TN panels! I can definitely tell the screen is much darker but now blacks look great!

Now I'm playing my games all over and I'm really enjoying the Fire Zambezi Emblem Awakening demo, I've played it almost 6 times so far and I'm starting to see why people like it so much and it looks sooooo beautiful on these IPS screens and the 3D effect is just freaking beautiful with this game, especially the anime parts!

So glad and grateful this time, money and patience finally paid off cause I was at my last point of trying anymore if this second FE wasn't good

Left: Pokémon Lunara 3ds with dual TN panels

Middle: 1st FE with upper TN, lower IPS panel

Right: 2nd FE with dual IPS panels

fxOpgwC.jpg

54uwTLE.jpg

udEwPmY.jpg

R8QMHXh.jpg

tbF4KND.jpg

IdOYVvn.jpg

wYZkeAa.jpg

pkD9eIN.jpg

FZOFYBJ.jpg

4CfRIcg.jpg

Last edited by H0thTr0n,
Reactions: osaka35

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I question the point of this forum then

There's nothing wrong with you posting this here. It pertains to the hardware aspect of the 3DS sub.

I seem to be getting lucky lately, though. Every 3DS I've bought in the past year had dual IPS.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Congrats! Mine luckily doesn't have clicky hinges, but LR buttons are clicky. Dual TN, but that's no surprise from a small N3DS. But the worst part of it is the C-stick.

H0thTr0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats! Mine luckily doesn't have clicky hinges, but LR buttons are clicky. Dual TN, but that's no surprise from a small N3DS. But the worst part of it is the C-stick.

Yeah, it sucks as a tradeoff as I have a more wobbley screen, the click doesnt' bother me. I dunno if I dare chance sending it to Nintedo to put in the "newer" hinges and leave my screens alone

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yeah, it sucks as a tradeoff as I have a more wobbley screen, the click doesnt' bother me. I dunno if I dare chance sending it to Nintedo to put in the "newer" hinges and leave my screens alone
Yeah, it seems like a trend that higher quality N3DSes have wobbly hinges! :D 'Cause my sister's N3DS has a wobbly screen, but a perfect C-stick (and non-clicky LR buttons).

H0thTr0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it seems like a trend that higher quality N3DSes have wobbly hinges! :D 'Cause my sister's N3DS has a wobbly screen, but a perfect C-stick (and non-clicky LR buttons).

Whats up with the C stick? It like isn't supposed to move in the first place. My trigger buttons seem fine, feel like a normal buttons *shrug* The newer new 3DS seem to have the updated hinges with less wobble but pretty much all are TN panels with some lower IPS

Well i would have rather buy a screen on ebay and replace the default screen ^^

And void my warranty and or chance fucking up and breaking it? No thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Life lesson: persevere and you will waste your life.

says the guy with 2,500 posts on a internet forum that in the grand scheme of the real world, doesn't mean jack shit

Reactions: Alkéryn

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you get a good silicone case, the wobble and click-clack become muffed. Also noticed the 'light-gap' is filled. Honestly, you should get a silicone case just to absorb the shock from the system closing on itself.

H0thTr0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried two different ones, but they are not connected for the top and bottom portions of 3DS so it doesn't effect hinge at all, just makes top panel heavier. Hinged cases tend to break more from reviews

tLKILd9.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes