Gaming 128kb GBA save type

MaiconErick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was doing some research on this, GBA games that uses a save type of 128kb have to be hex edited to force them to save in 64kb right?
That means that it will save but not entirely, some other data will be lost. For what I noticed, they are usually just a backup or something not so important.

My question is: Can I make a GBA VC cia that saves in 128kb without losing data? Without hex editing it to save in 64kb? If I save in 64kb with games like Mystery Dungeon, the quicksave features won't work.

PsychoNeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you don't hex edit your game to work with 64kb saves, the game won't let you save, and there's absolutely no way to do otherwise than changing it to 64kb at the moment. So you'll have to play without the quicksave features if you want to b able to save on 3DS, or play with an installed GBA emulator, that may be able to save without any issue, but may lag on your console.

Reactions: MaiconErick

MaiconErick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you don't hex edit your game to work with 64kb saves, the game won't let you save, and there's absolutely no way to do otherwise than changing it to 64kb at the moment. So you'll have to play without the quicksave features if you want to b able to save on 3DS, or play with an installed GBA emulator, that may be able to save without any issue, but may lag on your console.

That's really sad. :<
I think I'll try to change the icon/banner of a gba emulator and act as if it was just the actual game. I didn't find any .cia forwarders for gba emulators. Activity Log purposes :x
Thanks anyway.

MaiconErick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use @Asdolo tools a lot haha
But as he already has his own GBA injector, I doubt that he'll do the work of making "GBA retroarch 3DS forwarders".
If that's not really difficult/time consuming, please consider this, Asdolo. :>

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use @Asdolo tools a lot haha
But as he already has his own GBA injector, I doubt that he'll do the work of making "GBA retroarch 3DS forwarders".
If that's not really difficult/time consuming, please consider this, Asdolo. :>
He made an SNES injector and an SNES RA forwarder.

MaiconErick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Which is the best GBA emulator?
I guess it's mGBA.
PKMN Mystery Dungeon RRT - Adequate FPS, Not so great sound

"CitrAGB - Slow, Needs BIOS(Not a Problem), Sound Issues (Interpreter), Large games = Not work
NOTE = Users with dynarec will have smooth performance and good fps
gPSP - Not bad, Some games slow, some fast, BIOS needed, need to delete config file every time to get fast loading time, no audio (crashes when audio on)
mGBA - Fast(for me at least), No need for BIOS, Audio is there(although not perfect - has some issues)
"

https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-mgba-alpha-1v-released.396224/v

But some people said mGBA crashes frequently

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2