100% official GBAChef: Instant noodles

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Veho, Nov 5, 2017.

1. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I long for the day food engineers come up with some dehydrated kind of magic, so you could just add hot water to the package contents and get the dish from Fig. 2.

Way too lazy to boil eggs and throw leftover meat on it.

Of course the best solution would be to have a Ramen booth near home, but I don't see those very often (or at all) here in Germany.

PS: Anyway, I find this thread has some great ideas for lazy assholes like myself, bookmarking!

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Nov 7, 2017
    Psionic Roshambo likes this.
  2. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    No one eat Italian Barilla pasta? Instead of this industry's white flour instant shiiiiii?

shame on you all fast food eaters.

P. S. Latest pasta offers whole grain one, so the answer to tc's question is may all ramen eater die for poor nutritions.

Last edited by leon315, Nov 7, 2017
  3. sarkwalvein

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    All the time, Barilla Penne with some Barilla Gorgonzola sauce and Grana Padano cheese above it mostly.
    That is also fast food for me, but you know, I need some variation, I can't eat that seven days a week.
    I am too lazy though.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Nov 7, 2017
  4. eechigoo

eechigoo Gbatemp amphibian

Dec 22, 2016
    Mexico
    tu puta madre ;v
    What? There's a pasta called Penne?

Do y'all know what pene means? Yknow im just gonna eat some delicious sauce covered pene!:creep::creep::creep:

it means penis

Last edited by eechigoo, Nov 7, 2017
  5. sarkwalvein

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Yes, I know. I'm Argentine, so it feels weird to eat something called "Penne".
    No homo, though.

6. Kigiru

Kigiru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2017
    Poland
    penne mean quill/pen in italian...

Also speaking of ramen - I'm rather simple man. I throw some chopped hot dogs or other sausage into it, or some green onions.

7. RattletraPM

RattletraPM GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2017
    Italy
    Spagonia
    Linguini with instant noodles flavouring?! My italian soul straight out died after reading that!
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

You're right, they're called that way due to the sharp diagonal edge which kinda resembles an old fountain pen tip. One letter makes a BIG difference ;)
    If you want some "explicit" italian pasta, no worries, we have some here: there's "pasta alla puttanesca" which can be literally translated as "whoreish pasta" (no idea why it's called that way, but keep in mind that "puttanesca" isn't usually translated because it's the recipe's name - but still, "puttana" means whore and "puttanesca" is an adjective derived from that) or if you don't swing that way, we've also got "minchiette": "minchia" is a slang word for penis and, well... Use your imagination to imagine what they look like. The more you know (but you rather wouldn't).

8. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Never had ramen...

9. Veho
    OP

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb

sarkwalvein likes this.
  10. HamBone41801

HamBone41801 K35

Jan 16, 2017
    United States
    I have never ramened before.

11. Veho
    OP

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    They can dehydrate anything these days (fruit, vegetables, spices, dairy, eggs, meat, anything), but preserving the texture is difficult and you usually end up with mush when it's rehydrated. We're some years away still from instant baked chicken or dehydrated pizza :P

Okay, other end of the spectrum now: have you tried adding ramen to something else? Have you tried that ramen burger, ramen pizza, ramen "mac" & cheese, things of that sort?

12. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    I've tried ramen with hamburger, never again. I also tried ramen in bread, like a sandwich, it's great. Just have to correctly season the noodles (some kind of yakisoba pan)

13. Kigiru

Kigiru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2017
    Poland

Cooking Ramen like an ACTUAL boss.

Ritsuki likes this.
  14. wafflestick

wafflestick (insert title here)

Jun 24, 2010
    United States
    US
    psh I eat them noodles raw out of the bag jk I use to back in middle school for some reason it was like the thing to do back then

15. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    I've made fancy soup (mushrooms clarified through the agar-agar method), and cooked a brick of the Top Ramen. I fried up some thick sliced ham, sliced some green onions, and soft boiled an egg. It was delicious, but it took three days to make (the agar method of clarifying soup needs it to drip through the solidified agar).

I've also been known to eat the noodles "raw" with the msg packet thrown on. It was "ghetto chips" in my neighbourhood.

Ritsuki likes this.
  16. Veho
    OP

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Interesting. Ramen with hamburger as in putting it in a hamburger bun as one of the toppings? Or the ramen burger?

17. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    I Always make it entirely self. Benefit of having an asian gf teaching you how.
    IMG_20170824_141517.jpg IMG_20170824_164836.jpg IMG_20170824_141052.jpg

DeoNaught and Ritsuki like this.
  18. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    The max "ramen duration" I was capable of was 3 weeks.

Now the mere sight of em makes me want to vomit.

19. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    Oh god what is this atrocity :rofl: No I meant as a topping. The texture was awful and it didn't bring the "pzazz" I was expecting to be honest. But thanks to that I finalized my Japan and Italy inspired burger recipe.

I made a ramen flavored japanese mayonnaise (slightly overcooked ramen, the broth, mixed with mayonnaise, dashi, soy sauce, mirin and saké), buns with seaweed and sesame sprinkled on top, meat with a little bit more fat than usual, mushrooms (porcini), rucola, cherry tomato, flakes of parmesan. Still have to try it though.

20. DeoNaught

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
    Usually I make mine from scratch, usually I just do it like
    Noodles, Beef Broth, Garlic, cooked spinach, Egg, and sometimes some lemon to add some tang.

I love ramen, and Yakisoba

Haha! He's not wrong though

Ritsuki likes this.