10 minutes of Secret of Mana remake gameplay

The controversial 3D remake of a classic Super Nintendo title, Secret of Mana, just got a 10 minute trailer at PAX West, showcasing gameplay footage from the start of the game, with included voice acting. Square Enix notes that this is an early build of the game, which is set to fully release (digital only), for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Steam/PC on February 15, 2018.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
honestly, shovel knight looks like a 8 bit game, it should have been on NES, everyone willl pass on this one ;)
/jk (thought I should mention it, in case it's not obvious)

it's done on purpose.
hopefully, some users will like it anyway.

Last edited by Cyan,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly, shovel knight looks like a 8 bit game, it should have been on NES, everyone willl pass on this one ;)
/jk (thought I should mention it, in case it's not obvious)

it's done on purpose.
hopefully, some users will like it anyway.
ehh, I get games being done in a limited way on purpose for the sake of stylizing the game but doing that with 3d seems really strange. shovel night never toted it having new and great graphics to an original since it was a new game. Here there actually putting the new 3d graphics as a selling point. everything about this remake seems strange. I'm lightly considering getting it on pc but if it does come to switch and we still have no signs of a seken den setsu collection localization than I'll hop right on that asap, would love to be able to just hand off a joy con and do some multiplayer, though with the way this remake is the snes version is still at or greater of a way to play the title, I hope they polish it up, pls square

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder, could they possibly be including a 2d mode too somewhat in a way they redid halo where you could hit a button to jump back and forth between new and old graphics?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe, yes.
I don't know if the mini map in the corner is done in realtime, or was just for the preview to show us the differences.
there are few games with old graphics available and switchable with a button, seeing they actually cloned the area, that might be possible.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe, yes.
I don't know if the mini map in the corner is done in realtime, or was just for the preview to show us the differences.
there are few games with old graphics available and switchable with a button, seeing they actually cloned the area, that might be possible.
they confirmed in the video that it is a minimap

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought it had a strange face, I like the new eyes better. good job.
maybe it has too many hairs? I prefer the old one's hair. (or a mix of both, would it be hard to make stuffed fabric's hair? could be too small)

oh, an idea, now you could make all the elemental (gnome, jinn, sylph, etc.)

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended