Saicotic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Saicotic said:
"A cIOS is a modified version of an IOS (Input/Output System)"
IOS stands for Internal Operating System...
I heard that "IOS" don't have a real definition
unsure.gif
You heard wrong. Unofficially, most devs believe it to mean Internal Operating System. We don't have the official definition, but it makes the most sense.

tj_cool

Site dev
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Saicotic said:
FIX94 said:
Saicotic said:
"A cIOS is a modified version of an IOS (Input/Output System)"
IOS stands for Internal Operating System...
I heard that "IOS" don't have a real definition
unsure.gif
You heard wrong. Unofficially, most devs believe it to mean Internal Operating System. We don't have the official definition, but it makes the most sense.
I just looked in the glossary of wiibrew and used that definition.
Doesn't matter all that much IMO.

popius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble loading games from my external harddrive in neogamma. What happened was I wanted to use the mic for Def Jam rapstar so i had to install cIOSxr20b. For some reason after installing my wii no longer reads the harddrive. Usually when I hook up the harddrive and try to mount it in neogamma I can feel the harddrive running. Now it doesn't run. When I hook it up to the computer it runs fine. I then decided to try upgrading my wii to the latest firmware and adding all the new IOS's. Was I suppose to refresh my wii with my NAND backup? I just updated everything by remodding on top of my old mod. Was this incorrect? I really want to just get my harddrive up and running again. Also, it seems that my priiloader doesn't work anymore..........

tj_cool

Site dev
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
popius said:
I'm having trouble loading games from my external harddrive in neogamma. What happened was I wanted to use the mic for Def Jam rapstar so i had to install cIOSxr20b. For some reason after installing my wii no longer reads the harddrive. Usually when I hook up the harddrive and try to mount it in neogamma I can feel the harddrive running. Now it doesn't run. When I hook it up to the computer it runs fine. I then decided to try upgrading my wii to the latest firmware and adding all the new IOS's. Was I suppose to refresh my wii with my NAND backup? I just updated everything by remodding on top of my old mod. Was this incorrect? I really want to just get my harddrive up and running again. Also, it seems that my priiloader doesn't work anymore..........
Did you try both USB ports (on the Wii)?

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the name of that tool that lets you burn more than 1 GameCube ISO onto one disc?

tj_cool

Site dev
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bdr9 said:
What's the name of that tool that lets you burn more than 1 GameCube ISO onto one disc?
Either use Multigame ISO creator or GCOS Multigame creator to merge multiple ISO/GCM files in one bigger ISO.
Then burn it like normal.

Wulfcharmer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i just started yesterday, and i got my wii to be smashstack it's a 4.3u wii, it worked got homebrew installed and possibly the bootmii cuz it said needed IOS installed or something and i kept clicking and it said it installed it, im not sure and it was lil different from all the bootmii i saw on guides and such. Anyways the issue i am having is trying to use my 1 TB usb HDD, i got the usb loaders etc....like 4 different ones of em and after formating my hdd finally to wbfs and put in my MHTri game through the manager. but it still doesnt pick up my hdd at all one of them the gs tells me i need cIOS 249 or 236 the rest give me black screen. I tried installing cIOS 249 but all it does is freeze my wii. IDK what i could be doing wrong...my sd or my hdd. plz i really want get this going after alll been through. =/

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
I have tried very hard to google it and search on this site for it but i just can't seem to find my answer so i will ask.

My overall aim is to run Kirby's epic yarn NTSC on my Pal 4.2E wii.

I have been having issues running it on configurable usb loader, it froze at the loading screen for making a new game save file every time. I had a look at the topic for the release of the game and everyone why said that it was working was using USB loader GX so i downloaded it and gave it a try. With every game i try to run with it, it has a glitch up of something where green stripes are at the top or bottom of the screen. I tried running cIOS249 rev19 installer as recommended by the USB loader GX web page and the same problem is still there.

Does anyone know how to get USB loader GX running or alternatively, how to get Kirby's epic yarn working in any way. (also, i have one of the wiis with the new disc drive.)

Thanks in advance and sorry that i couldn't find the answer,
DanWeb

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thoroughly confused.

The first step is "Download the IOS236 Installer. " However, "IOS236 installer" links to a link farm, not to any useful page.

The next step includes the advice "Read their descriptions on the Download page and choose the IOS that you like best." and "See the download pages to know what IOS you need". Exactly what download page is this referring to? The links to them are all on filetrip and provide no useful information about which IOS I might need. And it lists both cIOS38r17 and Hermes as recommended. Does that mean I should install both of them? What does each one do that the other doesn't (aside from NTFS)? If I install both of them, does installing two interfere with each other?

It says that it is possible to load from SD. However, there are only sections for disk and USB (with just a brief mention of SD). What should be done so that I can load from SD?

Also, if I install a new MIOS, can this still play normal non-backup GC games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Thankfully the N64 had a metric ton of other fantastic games. I do kind of hate the controller...