Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Rumor: PSP 3000 Features Built-In Mic, Already In Production
psp_3k_mic.jpg

Posters on the PSPChina BBS are claiming that Sony is planning on releasing a hardware update to the currently available PSP, model number 2000, one that includes a built-in microphone, updated buttons, a few cosmetic changes and possibly even cell phone support.

As can be seen in the picture above, the Home button on the original and current PSP models is now occupied by a PS button, similar to the one on the PlayStation 3 controller. One could assume that Sony would have made the Home to PS change in an attempt to prevent confusion with its Home service. The purported microphone is to the right of the volume buttons.

More pics after the jump.

psp_3k_ring.jpg

Yes, that's a thinner metallic ring on the UMD door. Why that would possibly change, we have little idea. Below is what is said to be the back half of the PSP 3000's plastic casing.

psp_3k_back.jpg

Keep in mind these photos are not confirmed to be the real deal and that they should be considered rumor for now. We'll be following up with Sony to learn more about its PSP plans and get comment on the authenticity of the above photos.

From Kotaku

I say this is pretty awesome news and almost confirms Dark Alex's earlier findings when trying to make a CFW for 3.80. I can't find the article on QJ but it seems that when he was looking through the firmware, he saw something indicating to a 3rd gen PSP similar to when he did an earlier firmware, after which the 2nd gen PSP got released.

But I'm still pretty sceptical seeing as a new PSP would've probably been announced at E3.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Xcalibur said:
But I'm still pretty sceptical seeing as a new PSP would've probably been announced at E3.
TGS enough said.
i hope it's true. i'm looking for a reason to buy a PSP and this could be it.

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tired of all this 'will they?', 'wont they?' bullshit. Sony, get it out already so I can finally decide whether to get a slim or wait for this fucker.
mad.gif

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deletable_Man said:
Tired of all this 'will they?', 'wont they?' bullshit. Sony, get it out already so I can finally decide whether to get a slim or wait for this fucker.
mad.gif
Damn right! And do you guys think this one will be pandora-proof? I'm really surprised they didn't do that with the slim. And Sony DID say they were working on ways to combat piracy...

jos7960

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dont have my slim that long and now i read this.

QUOTE said:
built-in microphone, updated buttons, a few cosmetic changes and possibly even cell phone support.
Well, i wont buy this since the only function i want is a built in microphone.

Im still curious. Will this support more and better homebrew? More functions(aside from the cellphone function)?
Ill keep an eye on this.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Infinity-X said:
I bet there going to put that new chip in that "stops piracy" if its true. Maybe they'll add more features to it though?

I do believe sony will try their best to stop piracy. But i also believe bypassing those securities will be possible.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What about the PS5 and the XBOX 720. they are probably done with prototypes of both, but no games are going to even be made for them untill a year or 2 before release >_> (2012-2015?)

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What is it with the rumors of a new DS and PSP for this generation? I mean, as far as I know not even consoles got a level 3 upgrade for one single generation...

That and that's just bad business practice. I mean, the DSLite and PSP-2000 series came a reasonable time after the releases of their original models, but all of a sudden there's talk of a third DS and PSP already? Too soon. For next gen, yeah I can understand talks of a new type of system, but even then, they'd probably keep it under wraps for a little bit longer.

94dan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
What is it with the rumors of a new DS and PSP for this generation? I mean, as far as I know not even consoles got a level 3 upgrade for one single generation...

*Cough*Micro*Cough*

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
94dan said:
Doomsday Forte said:

*Cough*Micro*Cough*
Consoles was the key word here, yo. ;P Though yeah, I was going to make reference to the Micro since it's one of the bigger gaming market failures in recent memory. I mean, you don't release a third iteration of a successful handheld system, then the next week (exaggeration here) announce the handheld's successor.

Edit: And yes, I am someone who owns an original GameBoy, GameBoy Pocket, GameBoy Color, and one GameBoy Advanced. At least I wised up in time to not get reiterated systems by the time they started to go hung-ho with them. Anymore, I'm looking to wait even for the next-gen systems since they'll easily have something new in the next two years after its launch, meaning a new system for me, and games for a lower price.

94dan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
94dan said:
Doomsday Forte said:

*Cough*Micro*Cough*
Consoles was the key word here, yo. ;P Though yeah, I was going to make reference to the Micro since it's one of the bigger gaming market failures in recent memory. I mean, you don't release a third iteration of a successful handheld system, then the next week (exaggeration here) announce the handheld's successor.

Edit: And yes, I am someone who owns an original GameBoy, GameBoy Pocket, GameBoy Color, and one GameBoy Advanced. At least I wised up in time to not get reiterated systems by the time they started to go hung-ho with them. Anymore, I'm looking to wait even for the next-gen systems since they'll easily have something new in the next two years after its launch, meaning a new system for me, and games for a lower price.

You said 'not even'. As in, it's more likely that a console would get 2 redesigns than if a handheld did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"