I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Rominator v2008 has officially been released!

GO HERE FOR A FREE REGISTRATION CODE: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=159246&hl=

[1238]Picture_1.png

This version has been completely rewritten from the ground up to bring the best possible Rominator experience to everyone.

All of the same great features have been retained, and rewritten, such as:
• Organizing game lists and Flash Cards
• Automatically renaming your games
• Game trimming
• Support for NDS, Zip, and Rominator's format, rZip
• Game verification
• Save Game management
...And More!

A *HUGE* special thanks to Salamantis for assisting me in the development in Rominator, as well as providing the Quick Start Guide, available in the download.

Please note that I can no longer support Linux as the features that Rominator has are incompatible with it. If you use Rominator under Linux with any form of Windows emulator, I will be unable to support it.

Download for Mac OS X
Download for Windows

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks like a great program! It is much more slick feeling!

I have a few questions though. How come my saves are not appearing in Rominator (I did find the folder that the old Rominator used but they are not showing up in 2008) and also I do not have those icons at the top of my window.

I guess I have the first bug because when I click on a ROM file my window looks like this:

picture14xa4.png

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I removed my old Rominator and installed Rominator 2008 and so far I have one bug that is bothersome. Looks exactly like the screenshot the LeaveMeAlone just posted. Here is how it occurs:

On my MacBook Pro, running Leopard, whenever I select a ROM in the list, the +, -, Refresh buttons are getting covered up by something. If I select any other app/window and then come back to Rominator, it clears up. But as soon as I select another ROM, Rominator's screen gets messed up.

EDIT: I'm also not seeing the toolbar shown in the screenshots in your PDF or in your screenshot in this thread. Is the toolbar a Windows-only feature. BTW, just sent you a few $. Can't wait to try the unlocked features.

EDIT #2: If I'm correct, the stuff that is over-writing the +, -, Refresh section is the toolbar icons that I mentioned in my first edit. I hope that helps.

EDIT #3: OK, last edit. This will help LeaveMeAlone. I discovered that by clicking the oval in the top-right of the window, the toolbar shows up and avoids the messed up display when selecting a ROM. Still a bug that needs to get squashed, but much more usable now.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ahhh -- Judging by the shape of the 'boxes' that are covering things up, I'm guessing the Toolbar is the culprit on it. Strange though, myself or Salamantis both didn't have this problem :/

I'll check it tomorrow, and if I can fix it, I will -- There's always a way to fix it!

As for activating the toolbar, it's standard in every OS X app that supports one to click the oval in the top right corner
wink.gif

In regards to saves, they will need to be reimported. I changed the way Rominator handles saves, because I realized the way it was handled in the current version was not very good -- each game had a save folder based on the rom number. Let's say I make a mistake in the rom numbering, and change it. When you refresh, the number would update, and your saves would then be associated with a completely different game. The saves are now associated with the Rom's Header, so this way no matter what, if the numbers change, the header will always stay the same, making sure Rominator still looks in the correct save path.

EDIT: Yep, found the bug. Will have it fixed for tomorrow. That's an easy one
wink.gif

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
2008 was working fine for me until I added my M3 Simply card (via USB adapter) - everytime I click on my card in the list I get "Rominator has stopped working and needs to close".

Running Vista HP 32Bit and Rominator in Compatability mode and Administator mode.

I just donated $5 too.

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
markmcrobie said:
2008 was working fine for me until I added my M3 Simply card (via USB adapter) - everytime I click on my card in the list I get "Rominator has stopped working and needs to close".
I have the same problem except that I have a EZ Flash V. My OS is Windows XP SP2. The card is a 2 gig Kingston Japan via 2.0 usb card reader.

FrankSinatra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, thanks, I'm loving v2008, and I finally got around to donating. Anyway, there is one thing I don't like about the new version; the save management system just seems awkward. The biggest issue I have with it is the small, unresizable (and unmovable and lacking close-button) window. For games with long names especially, its difficult to distinguish between multiple save files, as the endings get cut off. When dealing with large amounts of save files (like, say, reimporting all the saves from the previous version), the new setup is rather unwieldy and difficult. I know its not a large priority, but I'd also like an "export" button; when dealing with multiple saves (or, quite often, when I send a game to my card and forget to open the save file window and check the box), I have to dig through the saves folders to find them. While its not as much a hassle now that they're stored by name instead of number, it would still be a welcome feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun