Hacking M3 DS Real Problems now DS will not power on

egartin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered two M3 DS Reals for a friend of mine. One boots up correctly, the other one does nothing. The DS lite loads like nothing is inserted, tried different memory cards and two different DS lites. Looking at the M3 I can see a small gap between the outer edge of the case and the contacts (it is flush on the other three M3s I own). So I thought it might not be going in far enough to make contact. So I put the M3 in the DS and push it in farther (like when you eject it) and hold it in and the M3 works correctly. So I was thinking maybe when the put it together it was not fitted right. I opened it up and found the board to be glued to the case and cannot be adjusted easily. So I immediately put it back together and thought I would try it again. Well I inserted it in my DS and the light flashed on for a second and no power. Now the DS will not power on at all. Tried removing the battery from the DS and still no go. When I plug the power adapter in the DS it flashes orange once then goes out. What in the world could have happened?
When I took the M3 apart I was really careful not to touch anything inside.

Thanks,

E

rabartels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have seen a simular topic here

gba-nds

(http://www.gba-nds.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=27&func=view&id=1424&catid=48&limit=6&limitstart=0)

Here some one bricked a DS lite crimson red.

I'm in progress to get one, but i'm now affraid to use it with the m3 real adapter

Regards.

Xander

llatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I dont think it'd be "bricked" in the dead firmware sense since if it was the firmware the unit would still charge, it just wouldnt boot

given the problem relates to the power I WOULD say try replacing the battery. but the battery should still charge, in the recent model DS lites the chargers stop drawing power once the battery's output voltage is higher than the charge supply's (5-6 volts if memory serves) but given yours is stopping almost as soon as you plug in the power Id say your damage would be in the power regulation, and as far as i know you cant get replacement parts like that

this is all just conjecture though, I'm not an Electrical Engineer or anything, and I could be horrifyingly wrong. I just thought Id add my 2 cents^^

Zinhoude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the charger is plugged in and the orange light blinks for a second it pretty much means ur DS is dead.

Me along with others had the same symptom.

Someone got his repaired and found out the main circuit board got fried.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using a slot 1 device doesnt alter your warranty, so you should be covered

That is good to know! The thought of "bricking" my DS with the use of an adapter had never occurred to me? Sorry to hear about this problem, it sounds like a mechanical flaw in design to me. Either way, I would assumed you are entitled to repair. Good Luck!

Digital

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM