Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait wait wait GBA? Yeah, well one...read on if you are inclined to this sort of thing.

1st October

news-2006-05-29-phantom_hourglass_logo.jpg

Region: US Genre: Awesome-me-do
Developer: Nintendo Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Online via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, Multi-card Multi-player

A big game like this deserves having its own logo instead of standard text. Most of us have played the Japanese version and we know how great it is, of course some moan about controls or the fact that it doesn't look like OoT (really let it go!) but a lot of people love it. Yes its a bit shorter but the game is amazing to play and look at, it also uses the special features of the DS so well. DS game of the year? Like many people I have pre-ordered this, but I won't be able to resist getting this ROM, just hope it runs on our flashcards.

Video Link

ME0000854341_2.jpg
ME0000862857_2.jpg
ME0000862856_2.jpg

ME0000862854_2.jpg
ME0000854342_2.jpg
ME0000862850_2.jpg

2nd October

Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol

Region: US Genre: Park-me-do
Developer: Skip Ltd Publisher: Nintendo

Hey Nintendo wtf? Why release this against Zelda? Why not last month? Sigh its destined to be ignored, anyway I really enjoyed the Japanese version and it would be great to know whats going on. Personally I enjoyed it a lot more than the GC game, felt more varied and larger but if you didn't enjoy that one you might not enjoy this one. Another thing, the screenshots do not give the games graphics justice, like most games it looks better on a DS. A pollution epidemic is killing off flowers and ravaging parks worldwide. To combat this threat, Citrusoft Robotics has developed an eco-friendly model of Chibi-Robo and sent it to parks everywhere. As Chibi-Robo, players restore their local park to its former glory by raising flowers and plants, building park equipment and defeating toxic enemies called Smoglings. Message to the developers: Now you are finished with this give us Giftpia DS!

Video Link

ME0000851117_2.jpg
ME0000851119_2.jpg
ME0000851122_2.jpg

Holly Hobbie & Friends

Region: US Genre: Mini Game-me-do
Developer: Frontline Studios, Inc. Publisher: Majesco

Do you have what it takes to be a member of the “Hey Girls Club?” Now girl gamers on the go can find out in Holly Hobbie & Friends for the Nintendo DS! Play as Holly Hobbie in 14 fun mini-games that involve Holly’s best friends and family. You can even use your journal to record your daily activities and test yourself with Holly Hobbie trivia! Offensive to "girl gamers" only likely to be liked by those who love Bratz and Hollie Hobby.

1.jpg
3.jpg

Spider-Man: Friend or Foe

Region: US Genre: Super Heroe-me-do
Developer: ATM Publisher: Activision
Multi-player Local Wi-Fi for co-op mode

I didn't mind Spider-Man 3 DS game but it was repetitive as hell and you just did the same thing over and over again, the GBA one I really enjoyed, good retro feel to it. This one uses a different style to the first four DS games and this time has a different developer. Gone is the lame ass touch control which is only used for mini games. You'll take Spidey and seven sidekicks -- folks such as Black Cat, Blade and most of the villains from the comic books -- to places such as Paris and Tokyo to wail on these "Phantoms" and other assorted bad guys. I have a good feeling about this one for some reason.

ME0000871747_2.jpg
ME0000871746_2.jpg
ME0000869272_2.jpg

The Legend of Spyro : The Eternal Night NDS Version

Region: US Genre: Platform-me-do
Developer: Amaze Entertainment Publisher: Sierra

Ok I admit it...I enjoyed the PSX titles and the first two GBA ones. There said it, didn't enjoy the others though. This one is a return the the PSX days from the looks of it with full 3D. Will it play well? Well it looks nice anyway so I hope it does but I'm not expecting it. Also on the game is that nice Prism style mini game.

ME0000847072_2.jpg
ME0000850029_2.jpg
ME0000850027_2.jpg

The Legend of Spyro : The Eternal Night GBA Version

So nice if Sierra to still support the GBA, a lot of people say "booo let it die", I say if you don't want GBA games IGNORE THEM! Anyway it looks better than the usual run of the mill platformer and it looks pretty snazzy too! It'll be nice for those who only have GBA as well. Hell it could even follow the likes of Rayman Rabbids, Spider-Man 3 & TMNT and be better than the DS game. Check out the trailer, does better justice than the screens do

Video Link

ME0000847077_2.jpg
ME0000850035_2.jpg
ME0000847076_2.jpg

Crash of the Titans
NDS & GBA

Now the DS date is October 2007 but the other versions are down for 2nd of October so we could expect this next week with some luck. Crash Bandicoot 's arch-nemeses, Neo and Nina Cortex, have mutated the creatures of Crash's island into monstrous abominations! Never one to shirk from danger, our orange furry friend finds that with his potent mix of wacky bravado and daredevil action he is able to hijack the titanic monsters and wield their immense powers against each other! Bring on the titans, because with Crash in charge, the bigger the baddie, the better! Lets hope it returns Crash to the goodness of the PSX days. There is also a GBA version too but I can't find no screens for it at all.

crash-of-the-titans-20070820030654871.jpg
crash-of-the-titans-20070419022526156.jpg
crash-of-the-titans-20070419022525187.jpg

Also out on this day is Master Jin Jin's I.Q. Challenge, which I can't find images for and can't be bummed to write about, it'll be delayed anyway.

4th October

ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat

Region: Japan Genre: S-RPG-me-do
Developer: Mistwalker Publisher: Nintendo

Hands up who are the ones waiting for the English release? Created by Final Fantasy father Hironobu Sakaguchi this is a strategy RPG that uses a grid-based strategy-RPG system, combined with traditional Final Fantasy-style turn-based combat and will be the largest DS game to date (size wise anyway) with a crap load of FMV. The game uses some pre-rendered graphics with with a highly detailed characters and worlds. Could be a great RPG, would be nice as I've found the more recent ones to be lacking. The US version has no date but there will be a release there in 2008.

Video Link

fdefb20ba3.jpg

Oshare Koinu DS

Region: Japan Genre: Mini game-me-do
Developer: MTO Publisher: MTO

Looks like a minigame collection with loads of dogs.

ME0000870176_2.jpg
ME0000870182_2.jpg
ME0000870184_2.jpg

Simple DS Series Vol.24: The Sensha

Region: Japan Genre: Tank-me-do
Developer: D3 Publisher: D3

Kinda like a sequel to Simple DS Series Vol. 21: The Fuhyou but with tanks.

l_a-1.jpg
l_a-2.jpg
l_a-3.jpg

Also out in Japan:
DS:Style Series: Chikyuu no Arukikata DS - Hawaii-Hen / New York-Hen / Taiwan-Hen
DS:Style Series: Anata Dake no Private Lesson - DS de Hajimeru - Tipness no Yoga

Update: 1st October.
Extra titles that may come out

Personally I'm looking forward to playing most of these, but I reckon they'll all be put aside until some people finish Zelda PH. Not me I'm waiting for it to come out over here (19th October), I want to play that bad boy in a nice prim and proper way...actually I won't be able to resist I reckon the ROM will be dumped early. Expect the board to gain more members, to run slowly because of the mass amount of traffic. Also expect some very stupid people asking where they can download the rom, which emulator it runs on and so on

As always the games may not make the release date or they may but not get dumped, these things happen, just don't winge at me or I'll get the Lagman to lag up your connection big style!

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Woot, I too couldn't resist taking a peek at the Japan release of Phantom Hourglass, but ultimately held out for the US release. The Spyro game looks pretty cool too. I wasn't a big fan of A New Beginning, but Shadow Legacy was OK.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously, Zelda is the big one here. Let's hope it doesn't give our flashcarts heart attacks or there will be a major uprising in the community. Especially since the R4 team has been mysteriously quiet....other than the case update. If this doesn't work in the R4 straight from the download, the R4 team BETTER rush out a fix.
mad.gif

Spyro......might be interesting. I kinda sorta liked the old PSX versions too. they weren't the greatest games, but they were OK.

A.S.H. - I'll wait for a version with English. Isn't this supposed to be the first 256meg game? It'll be a big'un. I wonder how much it will trim.....

SpiderMan........meh, I'm about SpiderMan'd out myself.

apprt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really hope Zelda comes out sometime tonight since I'm going away tomorrow. It'd be great to play on the plane!

P

pasc

shouldn't these games come out this week aswell (according to Gamestop):

Simpsons the Game
Mortal Kombat
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
Crash of the Titans

?

Spyro to go... Zelda... let's see, I really wait for Tales of Innocence, Cod4, Dementium the Ward and KH:358/2 from now on, so I really don't care much, I think I look if the story will attract me.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shouldn't these games come out this week aswell (according to Gamestop):

Simpsons the Game
Mortal Kombat
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
Crash of the Titans
Simpsons, 30th October
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, November
Ninja Gaiden DS, 1st November

As for Crash of the Titans, you're right...I think. It was there all written up but when I went to post it, it dissapeared from various places that had had it for 2nd October including the official site which did have the date at the time of writing, but now just says October. So I just took it out along with a few other games that got delayed.

But seeing as the other versions of it are out on the 2nd I'll put it on in case it does appear. GBA version of that is out at the same time too so we could have two decent GBA titles this week.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Zelda....come here, the Game of the Year! xD

Still, I'll play FIFA '08 while I'm waiting, which I gained a quick addiction to, it's really awesome. xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: