Gaming Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes Disc 2 Problem

Pikachu025

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've been playing this game - burned to a GCOS-MultiDisc - for two or three days now, and I've now come to the place where I have to switch discs. However, no matter what I do, I can't get it to work. Disc 2 burned alone to a DVD+RW? Nope. Disc 1 & 2 burned alone to two DVD+RWs? Nope. Disc 1 burned to a DVD+RW and Disc 2 burned to a DVD-R? Nope. I always get the same error: "An Error has occured. Please turn off the NINTENDO GAMECUBE and see the instruction manual for further help." (or something like that).

I really want to continue playing this, I'm now going to see if I find the original somewhere cheap, but if I can't: Why does this not work? Is there anything I'm missing?

(Oh and yes, all discs boot fine by themselves. It's the disc switching from 1 to 2 or vice versa that doesn't work.)

EDIT: Hmm, removing the disc at a point where I normally shouldn't switch discs and then reinserting the disc results in the same error. Very strange. I'll try to see what happens in the same situations using my original Tales of Symphonia...

EDIT2: Nope, my original ToS works perfectly fine changing discs mid-game. ...Very strange. Any ideas?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh, thats because once you're switching games, you have to go through the encryption check. And since you're playing yarr'd games, they don't pass and cause that error.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
@Linkiboy

If I understand correctly it is not possible to play any multi-disc GC games on a chipped Wii no matter how the discs are prepared? I was unaware of this before now
smile.gif
Glad I didn't start playing MGS!

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats how I think it works. Some games might not have the check on the second disk, but I have had trouble with this on multi-disk games on PS1.

mattwasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You could just borrow or go out and rent a copy, get past the spot, save and then continue playing on your pirated copy.

limmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello,
I played and finished MGS Twin snake (Us version, burned to two dvd-r (8cm)) on a wiinja v1 chipped wii and worked fined. The swap point worked as it should.

gambit420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
hey pikachu025 renting games in europe isn't that hard. if your flag is true, in vienna there are approximately 10 videorentals where you can borrow wii and gc games. outside from vienna things might look not so good of course!

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
so, after a YEAR, is it possible to play multi disc games with Wiikey clones? like when both discs are burnt into one disc with GCOS generated image.

that question is asked for RE rebirth, Zero and MGS:TS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...