Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Updated Supercard DS ONE in hand at GBAtemp

Revised packaging

We've recieved the new updated Supercard DS ONE package. As you can see, the new updated version comes in a nice gift-type package and includes a small manual and micro SD card reader. We've also gone to the liberty of breaking open one shell to expose the PCB. As you can see in the photos, the PCB is slightly different than the original SC DS ONE. Whether or not the performance will differ over the original is uncertain but the Supercard team do state this on their home page regarding the new version - "And the most important thing is we improve the quality of SuperCard DS ONE, it's more steady than before.". Bad news for early adopters?

Questions?

icon11.gif
Discussion and More Photos

Thanks to the kind folk at SuperNDS.com for supplying us with the samples!

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know... but i've always wondered: why do supercard products have what look like quicksolder points on all of them?

Ex) on the old PCB, the side with the actel chip to the right are 7 "pads" and same on the new PCB, and on the old SC SD (slot 2) on the other side of the GBA pins are 6 pins that are wider and serve no purpose (to me, anyway)

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The new SCDS 1 is still picky with the micro sd card that you use with it. There was no improvement on performance, what so ever. The packaging is very nice though.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
imgod22222 said:
I don't know... but i've always wondered: why do supercard products have what look like quicksolder points on all of them?
They aren't quicksolder points. If I don't miss my guess they are used for QA of the actel logic once it is assembled, if not for actually programming the FPGA; sometimes the actels are programmed before being assembled onto the PCB, but at any rate you will note a series of these pins on pretty much any FPGA based board, though sometimes they aren't quite so obvious (aka: in a nice neat row). The machine that churns out these assembled PCB's would most likely be using them to do some final tests to ensure the thing is working (meaning better QA than just random sampling via human testing, this way every unit passes specific tests wrather than just the 2 or 3 that were selected from a batch).

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The machine that churns out these assembled PCB's would most likely be using them to do some final tests to ensure the thing is working (meaning better QA than just random sampling via human testing, this way every unit passes specific tests wrather than just the 2 or 3 that were selected from a batch).

See.....thats the level of quality you get with SC branded products
grog.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If this is an updated supercard DS, I think the supercard team should be offering the early adopters a free swap for the new one. I'm so glad I abandonned the supercard and got the R4 instead.

kompact

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Euronymous,

I more then second that. I have the SCCF and the SCMiniSD, My bro owns the G6 and I recently bought the R4. From what I have seen the SC is the crackerjack/mickey mouse solution for NDS homebrew. The quality isn't even in the same ball park. Both of my SC are sitting in a drawer and will not be removed anytime soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.