Hacking 1st Wii Modchip

Kuik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems that the 1st Wii Modchip is already out there and it will be released the 1st of February.
The spanish team Wiinja is the creator of the chip and it will allow the wii to load backups (Wii and GC), however region-free is not avaiable.

Just 5 cables to weld
nyanya.gif

http://www.futura-online.com/e-tienda/cata...+-+modchip+wii/

caja_wiinja.jpg

esquema_wiinja.jpg

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus!! Well if this is the real deal ill be investing in a Wii. I will of course do the decent thing and actually purchase my wii games as credit where credit is due, we all have to give something back. But the fact i can run my gamecube backups is the only reason i was waiting for it!

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If this is for real then this is probably the easiest thing to solder. Probably even easier than putting a Viper Extreme chip into the GC.

msgrundy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is fake.

The chip looks remarkably like a TL082 which is an op-amp used in conjuction with other electronics for basic amplification of signals.

Also, why would the pins need to be mountable pins if you're going to be soldering them to pads on a board. Have you ever seen a modchip with pins like that? No, of coarse not.

Next, the video that's on www.wiinja.com confirms nothing as it can easily be faked by the use of a second Wii hooked to the back of the TV. They never provided any proof that it was that particular Wii that booted those discs. Also the discs could have been real and just had a label pasted over it to looke like a burned disc. This kind of hoax has already been pulled when the Xbox360 first came out.

This kind of fraud is expected, but I'm sure that we will see a legitimate modchip in the future.

LuXo

Trophies
XP
Country
This is fake.Â

The chip looks remarkably like a TL082 which is an op-amp used in conjuction with other electronics for basic amplification of signals.

Also, why would the pins need to be mountable pins if you're going to be soldering them to pads on a board. Have you ever seen a modchip with pins like that? No, of coarse not.

Next, the video that's on www.wiinja.com confirms nothing as it can easily be faked by the use of a second Wii hooked to the back of the TV. They never provided any proof that it was that particular Wii that booted those discs. Also the discs could have been real and just had a label pasted over it to looke like a burned disc. This kind of hoax has already been pulled when the Xbox360 first came out.

This kind of fraud is expected, but I'm sure that we will see a legitimate modchip in the future.

lecture.gif
its real, and you'll see it in a few weeks when everyone get it.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is fake. 

Also, why would the pins need to be mountable pins if you're going to be soldering them to pads on a board.  Have you ever seen a modchip with pins like that?  No, of coarse not.

damnit I hate everyone

ditto_n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is fake.Â

Also, why would the pins need to be mountable pins if you're going to be soldering them to pads on a board. Have you ever seen a modchip with pins like that? No, of coarse not.

Next, the video that's on www.wiinja.com confirms nothing as it can easily be faked by the use of a second Wii hooked to the back of the TV. They never provided any proof that it was that particular Wii that booted those discs. Also the discs could have been real and just had a label pasted over it to looke like a burned disc. This kind of hoax has already been pulled when the Xbox360 first came out.

All the late PS1 mod chips that only required a few wires looked exactly like that.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There is no such site as www.wiinja.com

And why should their website be called exactly that?
huh.gif

EDIT: If this is in fact real, they just bought a bunch of PIC microcontrollers and programmed them to trick the Wii into thinking the DVD is legit (duh). That also means we can buy a PIC 12 ($6) and program it using the dump of the Wiinja chip.

Now where did I put that programmer...

broz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
possibly fake

QUOTE said:
This is fake.

Also, why would the pins need to be mountable pins if you're going to be soldering them to pads on a board. Have you ever seen a modchip with pins like that? No, of coarse not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over