TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
These are various how-to guides on how to use your G6 Lite as well as a dozen or so questions that I hear often at the end. If you feel any guides or questions should be added, then please feel free to respond. There are more guides coming soon, so please keep checking back on occasion.

G6 Lite Out of the Box
1. Take the CD and throw it back into the box. You won't ever need to touch it.
2. Goto http://www.handheldsources.com/Download.html (bookmark!), choose Download G6 Flash 3 Software and grab the G6 Full Installation Package.
3. Decompress the files into a temporary directory.
4. See Updating your G6 Lite Loader and perform the steps.
5. Install U-Disk.
6. Unless you want the PDA, Emulation, etc. files, delete them and the directories they reside in.

Connecting Your G6 Lite to Your PC
1. Place the G6 Lite gently onto the UBurner until it sits snug in place.
2. Plug the UBurner into an open USB port. Ensure that there is enough space wherever the port is for the UBurner without any obstructions.
NOTE: There have been numerous reports that using a USB hub can cause issues. If you are unable to insert the UBurner into a USB port, then I recommed purchasing a USB extension cable.

Disconnecting Your G6 Lite from Your PC
1. Locate the Safely Remove Hardware icon in your taskbar, usually located on the bottom right of your screen.
2. Left click the icon, then select Safely Remove Hardware.
NOTE: Should you have more than one USB removeable storage device attached, a window may pop up. You will have to manually select the G6 Lite.
3. Make sure Windows says "Safe to Remove Hardware" in a text bubble and the UBurner light is no longer on or blinking.
4. Remove the UBurner from the USB Port.

Updating your G6 Lite Loader
1. Connect your G6 onto the UBurner and insert into your USB Slot.
2. Copy the g6loader.sys and g6verify.sys files to your G6's root directory.
3. Safely remove the UBurner from your PC and insert the G6 Lite into your DS.
4. Boot your G6 Lite in GBA Mode.
5. When the disclaimer in green text appears, hold down A + B + Select + Start.
6. Select Yes.
7. Allow it to update (do not power down your DS).
8. When you reach the G6 GBA Main Menu, you are done. You may delete the 2 sys files if desired.

Installing Media-Extend
This is essentially the Extend Mode that has been present on M3. It is presently not preinstalled on the G6 Lite when it arrives. To start, be sure your UBurner with G6 attached is inserted into an open USB port.

1. Download the Media-Extend package into a temporary directory on your PC.
2. Direclty uncompress the package. To simplify matters, do not create a new directory.
3. After uncomressing, the primary directory now present should be labeled, MediaplayExtend. If not, then rename to do so.
4. Copy the MediaplayExtend directory and paste it onto the root directory of your G6 Lite. You should see the .dat file located at:
X:\MediaPlayExtend\main\mediaplayExtend.dat (X: being the drive letter of your UBurner).
5. After safely removing the hardware and reinserting the G6 Lite into the DS, upon boot-up, you can now use the MediaPlay-Extend option.

Should a new version be released, all you will have to do to upgrade is simply copy and replace the newer mediaplayExtend.dat file onto the G6 Lite.

U-Disk
U-Disk%20Browse.jpg

Since a few folks have asked, this guide is for those of you who prefer a more English-friendly walkthrough of writing ROMs. To start, be sure your UBurner with G6 attached is inserted into an open USB port, then execute U-Disk from your Windows Start Menu, shortcut, command line, etc. Next, select the drive letter matching the UBurner and then click OK. You will see three tabs: GBA, NDS and Options. If you wish, go to Options and select your default directories to write ROMs from as well as the Language for U-Disk. Now, let's go over the steps for writing ROMs.
U-Disk%20Config.jpg

Writing GBA ROMs
In this menu, you will see 5 buttons. Let's go over their functions.
U-Disk%20GBA.jpg

Write: To write ROMs from your PC onto the G6 Lite.
Read: To store save files from your G6 Lite onto your PC.
Delete: To remove a selected ROM and all related save files.
Config: To change the Startup Picture and Wallpaper in GBA Mode.
Help: Opens the included help text file.

We'll now go through the process of writing and the options involved. After clicking on the Write button, you can choose your ROM (or hold CTRL and highlight multiple ROMs). It can be compressed in zip format during selection. When you select it, you'll notice the field, Rom Name, will be given a label. Also, the Picture Preview will show a title and gameplay screenshots. Unfortunately, some ROMs will not have screenshots nor can either be changed or editted. Now, click Open and a new menu will appear. You should now be in the GBA Write Menu. There are 4 tabs here, each with their own multiple functions. Let's examine each one in detail.

Main
U-Disk%20GBA%20Main.jpg

Enable Real Time will allow you to enable Real Time Saving. To use in-game, hold L + R + B + A buttons. It's worth noting that some games themselves use this button combination, so please be aware of your game's controls beforehand. Enable Compress will compress your GBA ROMs to a lesser size, which is convenient should your G6 Lite's open disk space be low. Same method for all games is for when you are writing multiple ROMs simulatenously and desire the same settings for every one of them.
NOTE: You must not load a ROM that is compressed in ZIP form in order to use Real Time Saving.

ROM Patch
U-Disk%20GBA%20ROM%20Patch.jpg

Software, Hardware + Software and Hardware are the available selections, concerning your write methods. For the majority of games, Hardware + Software should be the initial and default choice. If you experience any GBA ROMs having issues playing, then attempt to rewrite using a different option.

Cheat Code (CHT)
U-Disk%20GBA%20CheatCode.jpg

U-Disk installs with a multitude of cheat files for GBA games. Should you wish to use it, check the box, Enable. It will search for the ROM's coresponding cheat file. If one doesn't exist, then simply uncheck and move on. If it does exist, click the Load CHT button.

IPS Patch:
U-Disk%20GBA%20IPS%20Patch.jpg

An IPS patch is a file that can add the means to overcome incompatibility, deliver language translation, rewrite the game with custom hacks, etc. Should you need or want to apply one, then you won't have to worry with finding such a program. Simply click the Load IPS Button, locate the ISP patch and it will be written into the ROM as it is transfered onto the G6.

Once you have made all of your preferred settings, click OK at the bottom to write the ROM. Repeat if desired.

Writing DS ROMs
In this menu, you will see 5 buttons. Let's go over their functions.
U-Disk%20NDS.jpg

Write: To write ROMs from your PC onto the G6 Lite.
Read: To store save files from your G6 Lite onto your PC.
Delete: To remove a selected ROM and all related save files.
Rename: To change the ROM's label in the M3 DS Menu. This is only for those who own a Chinese G6 Lite.
Help: Opens the included help text file.

We'll now go through the process of writing and the options involved. After clicking on the Write button, you can choose your ROM (or hold CTRL and highlight multiple ROMs). It can be compressed in zip format during selection. Now, click Open and a new menu will appear. You should now be in the DS Write Menu. There are 3 tabs here, each with their own multiple functions. Let's examine each one in detail.

Main
U-Disk%20NDS%20Main.jpg

Software Reset allows you to reset in-game and return to the DS Menu. To use, while in game, press L + R + X + B + A. Not all games support this. Same method for all games is for when you are writing multiple ROMs simulatenously and desire the same settings for every one of them.

Read Method
U-Disk%20NDS%20Read%20Method.jpg

DS ROMs require patching to run on G6 Lite. This is the intent of this area. DoFAT means to boot faster. A sub-option for DoFAT is Force Read/Write, which can be used to resolve newer DS roms that have problems running. Normal is to boot standard. Safe Mode (No support SOFT RESET) is to be used should a ROMs not work under any other method. Direct Copy simply moves the ROM over without any read enhancement.

Rom Trim
U-Disk%20NDS%20Rom%20Trim.jpg

Choose either Trim Rom or No Trim Rom. Trimming can reduce the size occupied on your G6 Lite. The majority of games support this. The amount trimmed varies per ROM. It's worth noting that there are reports of issues concerning local wireless play with trimmed ROMs. If you intend on participating in multiplayer (excluding Wi-Fi Connection), play it safe and don't trim.

Linkage
U-Disk%20NDS%20Linkage.jpg

Click the checkbox, if you intend on writing a ROM that links with a known GBA title to open up new content. Refer to the NDS-GBA Linkage guide below for more detailed instructions.

Once you have made all of your preferred settings, click OK at the bottom to write the ROM. Repeat if desired.

Writing Backup Saves to G6 Lite
I know that I am not alone in backing up my save games (remember the Read Button in U-Disk?). If you aren't doing so, then you should every single time you connect your G6 Lite to your PC. Here's the step-by-step guide on how to copy your (or your friend's) game saves onto your flash card. This works for both GBA and NDS ROMs. Beforehand, make sure that the G6 Lite is already connected to your PC via the UBurner, the desired ROM is properly written and U-Disk is already running.

1. Left-click on the appropriate game title.
U-Disk%20Write%201.jpg

2. Right-click on the .0 file in the lower section and select "Write".
U-Disk%20Write%202.jpg

3. Locate the save file and press "Open".
U-Disk%20Write%203.jpg

4. Wait for the "Write OK!" pop-up to confirm the newly written save.
U-Disk%20Write%204.jpg

You can of course write G6 saves (.0, .1, .2) as well as EZ-Flash IV, M3 and Supercard saves (.sav) as well. M3 .dat files will not work but can be converted to .sav via M3 Game Manager. For GBA, you can use VirtualBoyAdvance save files (.sav) as well. You cannot use Action Replay or GameShark saves via U-Disk.

NDS-GBA Linkage
This feature was recently repaired as of v.4.4, so let's progress through the steps to link certain DS and GBA titles to open up new content. To start, be sure your UBurner with G6 attached is inserted into an open USB port, then execute U-Disk from your Windows Start Menu, shortcut, command line, etc.

1. Click on the NDS tab.
2. Choose your NDS ROM and select your write options as you normally would.
3. Choose the Linkage tab and click on the checkbox.
NOTE: Currently, if your ROM is uncompressed, then it will inform you whether or not the title is a known link game or not. Having your ROM compressed or the GBA ROM in a different directory does not hinder this feature.
4. Write the NDS ROM.
5. Click on the GBA tab.
6. Choose your GBA ROM and write it using the default options.
NOTE: If you attempt to use compress, real-time, etc., the linkage will fail to work.

7. Safely remove your UBurner from your PC, insert the G6 into your DS and boot up.
8. From the main menu, choose MyCard (upper right tab), go into the /GBA/ directory, select the GBA ROM and press X. The loading icon will progress.
9. Remaining in the MyCard Menu, navigate to the /NDS/ directory, select the cooresponding NDS ROM and choose Run.
NOTE: As an alternative to step 9, you can also return back to the NDS Game Menu (upper right tab) and run the NDS ROM from there.

10. Now, you will be able to play the NDS ROM linked with the GBA ROM. Please consult this Wiki for which games link together and the content they add: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ninte...ith_GBA_linkage

Reformatting your G6 Lite

NOTE: This should only be done if you are unable to boot up the G6 Main Menu in either DS or GBA Mode. Be sure you at least attempt to update the Loader (even if it's current) beforehand.

1. Connect your G6 onto the UBurner and insert into your USB Slot.
2. In Windows, open My Computer.
3. Right click the drive representing your G6 and choose Format.
4. Choose FAT (NOT FAT32) and make sure Quick is not check. Proceed to format.
NOTE: Some users have reported that MPUtility is not always needed to fix corrupted disk space. Try skipping steps 5-7 and add files without using it to see if your G6 will boot after copying over the Loader files. If it still fails, then start again at step 1.

5. Open MPUtility (on your included installation mini-CD) in a temporary directory.
6. DO NOT change any options whatsoever. Click OK.
7. Click Do It Now.
8. When it finishes, after Safely Removing Hardware, disconnect the UBurner and reinsert it.
9. See the Updating your G6 Lite Loader guide above and complete the steps.
NOTE: For G6 Lite owners who used MPUtility, at this point, you will notice that your flash card has been partitioned into two sizes: 1MB and 511MB (or 1MB and 1023MB for 8GBit owners). Apparently, this was done beforehand, but the 1MB partition was hidden. I have no knowledge of how this was managed. Regardless, the 1MB partition is now visible to your PC. Only write files to the 2nd, larger partition. For the record, I have attempted to use various disk management tools in an effort to merge the partitions as well as hide the smaller one. None have worked. If you should find a Windows program capable of hiding the smaller partition permanently, then please send me a private message or respond to this thread including a link to the program's homepage. DO NOT suggest anything that you have not personally tested upon the G6 Lite successfully.

FAQ

These are a set of questions that I normally hear asked around chat rooms and forums. I've taken the liberty of placing them here to better assist anyone, owners and potential buyers, with various curiosities. I will update this as matters progress.

Q: Why is it G6 Lite measures data in megabits in their product's name as well as the menus instead of megabytes?
A: Game cartridges and traditional flash cards have used the bit standard for decades. Remember, 1 byte equals 8 bits.

Q: Must I use U-Disk every single time to write GBA and NDS ROMs onto my G6 Lite?
A: Yes.

Q: Why am I getting an error message while trying to upgrade my Loader version saying "Wrong Language Version! Please install the English language version!"?
A: It's one of two reasons. Either your G6 could have become corrupted or you are loading the wrong language version of your Loader.

Q: Why does it say FAT16/FAT32 on U-Disk's header, but we're told never to format the G6 Lite as FAT32?
A: While it is true that G6 Lite will run under FAT32 format, the issue here is that the loader cannot be updated unless the format is simply FAT.

Q: How can I fix my G6 Lite when it freezes while attempting to update to the newest loader?
A: Again, make sure you are using the proper language version of your loader. Also, make absolutely certain that your G6 Lite is formated as FAT (FAT16). If you are certain the preceding two statements are true, then load the mini-CD and copy the Loader files from there. Attempt to downgrade with them. Should this be successful, now try again with the latest loader files.

Q: Can I change my G6 from Chinese to English or English to Chinese?
A: No.

Q: Why is the installed PDA DS software in Chinese?
A: The English version has yet to be released.

Q: Why is it that the .ico files created for GBA and NDS ROMs are not recognized by Windows?
A: It's their version of an icon file, not Windows.

Q: Is it possible switch between the GBA mode and DS mode without turning the DS on and off?
A: You can switch from DS to GBA by pressing the Y button, selecting the upper left tab with your stylus or pressing Left/Right on the Directional Pad and choosing GBA Mode. You cannot change from GBA to DS without powering down.

Q: How do I run homebrew programs?
A: First, read their documentation. Next, save the file(s) per the program's instructions on the G6 Lite via My Computer. Do NOT use U-disk to do this, unless the program specifically demands it. When you boot into DS Mode, click on the upper right tab with your stylus (or press Start) and select My Card. From there, navigate to the location of the homebrew program, double click it, then select Run if needbe.

Q: Why does my DS freeze up When I try to run (insert homebrew program)?
A: Make sure the homebrew loader is in ds.gba format. .nds format can lock up your DS.

Q: How do i exit out of (insert homebrew program) and back into the DS or GBA menu?
A: You must turn your DS off and on again. I'm personally unaware of any homebrew program capable of soft reset itself.

Q: Will G6 Lite be available in the future with more memory?
A: Yes, the G6 Lite 8Gbit is due out in December. No prices has been currently released.

Q: Can I upgrade the memory within my G6 Lite?
A: No, unless you're a daring computer design graduate with the tools and equipment. No, you're not.

Q: Where is the G6 Lite Pro version?
A: G6/M3 Team have stated that it will be released sometime early in 2007. It will be available with 8Gbit memory, and no price has been currently released.

Q: What does "Pro" mean in G6 Lite Pro?
A: G6 Lite Pro will essentially be similar to G6 Lite, but all GBA functionality, including ROM play, homebrew, emulation, etc. will not work. It will solely be a DS product.

Q: Will there be a slot-1 version of G6?
A: There is indeed a flash card in development, but details are not public as to if they'll be making it internal memory, like G6, removable media, like M3, or both.

Q: Why won't (Insert game name) run on my G6 Lite?
A: There are any given number of reasons. The game may not support DoFat or even Normal Boot, ROM Trimming or Software Reset. Attempt to rewrite while changing a single setting each time. If all else fails, write using Safe Mode. Should all these experiments fail, then it may be the inability of G6 to currently support said ROM. In that case, you will have to await an updated U-Disk and/or Loader.

Q: What is the average percentage that can be compressed or trimmed from a ROM?
A: That varies from title to title. There is no real average per se.

Q: Can compressing or trimming a ROM stop a game from working correctly?
A: There are claims that using a trimmed ROM for local wireless can have issues. Rule of thumb, never trim if you plan on doing so. Otherwise, no, there is no issues for single player or Wi-Fi Connection play.

Q: Can writing a DS ROM with Soft Reset enabled stop a game from working correctly?
A: Over 95% of games will work fine. Obviously, you don't have to use this option and can just turn your DS off.

Q: Will the Nintendo DS Browser work on G6 Lite?
A: Yes, if you own the DS-Xtreme or similar Slot-1 flash card along with the G6 Lite or similar Slot-2 flash card along with a patch file for the Nintendo DS Browser (Europe) ROM. Of course, it would be much simpler, not to mention cheaper, to use your retail version. Don't you own that?

Q: Why doesn't the PassCard 2 work with the G6 Lite?
A: Good question. Sadly, I have no idea, as I am not well versed on the technical side of this issue. They have seemingly programmed a way to lock it out completely in favor of PassCard 3. PassCard 2 is no longer in production.

Q: Can I play my friends via Local Wireless using my G6 Lite?
A: Sometimes. It depends on the game in use. To eliminate any possible issues, have one who is using a genuine game card host the game. If you are attempting single-card play with you being the host, then it's hit or miss. To be on the safe side, have your genuine copy of your game available. Again, you do own it, right?

Q: Can I connect online and play friends via Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection using my G6 Lite?
A: Absolutely.

Q: How does the G6 Lite store and manage saves?
A: It is stored onboard the internal RFRAM until you turn the unit off and on again or immediately after using Soft Reset.

Q: How can I use Action Replay DS saves with my G6?
A: You can have an M3 owner convert a save for you via Game Manager and M3SAVE2 Tool and send you their .sav file. Also, an individual, named Outphase, is developing a G6 Save Tool that may soon allow perfect Action Replay-to-G6 conversion. If and when he succeeds, then I'll add a link here. It requires .NET Framework v.2.0.

Q: How can I sort my ROMs alphabetically?
A: Use FATsort, a freeware program available at http://hem.passagen.se/chsw/FATSort.html.

Q: How can I change the language of (insert Japanese game) into English?
A: Unless there's a translation patch available, which can be found at http://www.romhacking.net, then you'll have to wait for a North American or European release or learn Japanese.

Q: Where can I find ROMs?
A: Several places. EBGames, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. The ROMs come in nice packaging and are prestored on DS cards. Get the idea?

Q: Doesn't the M3 Dumper Tool work on G6 Lite in order to dump your game cards?
A: I tried it with a few games, and though they will make a dump, U-Disk will error should you attempt to write it to your G6 Lite. Hopefully, G6/M3 Team will update the tool or U-Disk's compatibility of writing personally dumped ROMs over.

Q: How exactly does the Battery Icon work on the G6 Lite's NDS Game Menu?
A: It mirrors the battery light indicator on your DS. The bars will always count as four, until your DS's light changes red. Then, the icon changes into a plug. It's pretty much a moot feature, unless they update it to read the power more accurately and detailed by utilizing the bars.

Q: When and how does the G6 Lite need to be recharged?
A: If you notice that your G6 is not keeping the saves stored while your DS is powered off, then it's time to charge. Simply place your G6 Lite onto the UBurner and then into an available USB port. Charging time is not fully known at this time, but several claims put it at under two hours for a full charge.

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
Q: When and how does the G6 Lite need to be recharged?
A: If the battery meter within the G6 Lite Menu changes from bars to a plug icon, then it is time to do so. Simply place your G6 Lite onto the UBurner and then into an available USB port. Charging time is not fully known at this time, but several claims put it at under two hours for a full charge. I'll update this entry once more concrete information is available.

IS THAt REALLY TRUE??!!
unsure.gif

BTW GREAT JOB with the faq
bow.gif
.. i dont think i got any queries that need answering about the g6 anymore
grog.gif

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
IS THAt REALLY TRUE??!!Â
unsure.gif

BTW GREAT JOB with the faqÂ
bow.gif
 .. i dont think i got any queries that need answering about the g6 anymoreÂ
grog.gif

Yes, this is true, though I do find it odd that my own has yet to go down on power bars, but I've heard others say they've seen the plug icon. Perhaps they're using things that I'm not that drains the battery more. Worth investigating, but it would be difficult. At least the battery is recharable.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Q:Â When and how does the G6 Lite need to be recharged?
A: If the battery meter within the G6 Lite Menu changes from bars to a plug icon, then it is time to do so. Simply place your G6 Lite onto the UBurner and then into an available USB port. Charging time is not fully known at this time, but several claims put it at under two hours for a full charge. I'll update this entry once more concrete information is available.

I assumed that the battery icon on the G6 menu is just the DS Lite's battery status. When my DS Lite needs charging and the red light turns on that icon changes to the 'needs charging' icon.

Great FAQ
bow.gif

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IS THAt REALLY TRUE??!! 
unsure.gif

BTW GREAT JOB with the faq 
bow.gif
  .. i dont think i got any queries that need answering about the g6 anymore 
grog.gif

Yes, this is true, though I do find it odd that my own has yet to go down on power bars, but I've heard others say they've seen the plug icon. Perhaps they're using things that I'm not that drains the battery more. Worth investigating, but it would be difficult. At least the battery is recharable.

I still think you are wrong on this one. The next time your red light comes on go back to the G6 games list. You will see that your picture of a battery and yellow bars has changed to a charger plug icon. The battery icon is always a half yellow / half grey battery with a little white lightning bolt on it and there are always four little yellow bars in the 'gauge' next to it. I really don't think it ever changes except to the charger plug when the DS battery needs charging. I think the people who were saying that the charge was halfway down were simply looking at the two color battery.

Of course - I will gladly be proved wrong and like to see a picture of it operating in a true battery charge monitoring mode.

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i as well thought that the battery icon is for the ds battery. the icon signals when the ds needs charging (flashing red light).

one question:

my g6 lite is only 499 megabytes large... is this normal???
wacko.gif

BTW: "Same method for all games" means that the selected settings are used for all roms you selected (if you selected more than 1 rom to write). works flawlessly!

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
would be useful to add something about the "add header" feature for homebrew

Until G6/M3 hand over the information and code that the homebrew dev community wants, it's something that is on the back burner.

one question:

my g6 lite is only 499 megabytes large... is this normal???Â
wacko.gif

BTW: "Same method for all games" means that the selected settings are used for all roms you selected (if you selected more than 1 rom to write). works flawlessly!

Yes, I believe that is normal. As for the Same Method issue, I cannot get it to remember EVERY single setting no matter the version of U-Disk on my PC. If yours works flawlessly on your PC, then this is a possible bug issue. I'll attempt to put U-Disk on a different PC and try from there.

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I believe that is normal. As for the Same Method issue, I cannot get it to remember EVERY single setting no matter the version of U-Disk on my PC. If yours works flawlessly on your PC, then this is a possible bug issue. I'll attempt to put U-Disk on a different PC and try from there.

it won't remember your settings, but it will use them for all the roms you selected after clicking "WRITE" (selecting more than one rom via holding "CTRL").

about the size: you said that you got two partitions after reformatting of which one is 511 MB... so i was wondering why my g6 lite only got 499 MB...
unsure.gif

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
it won't remember your settings, but it will use them for all the roms you selected after clicking "WRITE" (selecting more than one rom via holding "CTRL").

Well, slap some Cool Whip and Hershey's Syrup on my banana and have yourself some dessert. Congradulations. You figured out what exactly it is for and how to use it. I will update the guide right after this reply. As for you 499 issue, according to My Computer after right-clicking the drive and selecting Properties, I see this:

Capacity: 522,952,704bytes - 499MB

Hey, ours are twins! Seriously, they rounded up. Don't worry about it. Thanks again.

Solver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard there's some way to run a DS game but have it think there's a specific GBA cartridge in the GBA slot? Some DS games will unlock various levels if they think certain games are in the GBA slot. How can this be done?

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DS-GBA Linkage guide has been added. In addition, I have readdressed the battery issue after massive testing within the FAQ. For some odd reason, my battery icon would never change no matter what early on. Now, it indeed displays the plug icon when my DS runs low on power.

gameon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q:Â When and how does the G6 Lite need to be recharged?
A: If you notice that your G6 is not keeping the saves stored while your DS is powered off, then it's time to charge. Simply place your G6 Lite onto the UBurner and then into an available USB port. Charging time is not fully known at this time, but several claims put it at under two hours for a full charge.

holy crud... the G6 needs charging also? Or did you mean the DS system itself... cause if the G6 needs charging too that would uber suck lol, play play play dies but DS is fully charged... lol.

anyways correct me if I am wrong...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.