Hacking All Lastest CFW And OFW.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I would put this here, and if any CFW get's updated or a new comes up, I'll updated it. Same with OFW.

Think of this as putting all latest firmwares in one place for everyone to get instead of having to search.

OFW
PROS: Get everything you would get with OFW.

CONS: Nothing you would get with CFW.

Permanent CFW.

PROS: Better Homebrew, PSX, and Game compatibility

CONS: Only works on PSP 1000's and certain 2000's

PSP Custom Firmware 5.00 M33-6(OFW 5.00, needed for install)
Pros: Works with many hombrew,
Cons: May have to use add on or ISOtool to patch new games.

Prometheus-3 (v2) for CFW 5.00 M33 Addon : Use on M33 only

PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D3 (Final) (OFW 5.50, needed to install)

Pros: Better game compatibility.
Cons: Some old homebrew may not work and may have to use addon or ISOtool to patch new games.

Custom Firmware 5.50 Prometheus-3 v4 Addon. Make sure you're on Gen before installing

PSP Custom Firmware 6.38 ME (OFW 6.38, needed for install)
Pros: On latest OFW.
Cons: Unstable.

Light Custom Firmwares.

PROS: Able to hack all Psps, even ones that are not able to do Full CFW.

CONS: 6.x firmwares have lesser homebrew,plugin, and psx compatibility

Custom Firmware 5.03 Prometheus-3 v2
Pros: Fixes games that don't work.
Cons: Have to start up each time after full turn off.

Signed 5.03 Kernel Exploit HEN (2000) (3000)
Pros: No longer have to use the other hack and works very well.
Cons: Less game and psx compatibility and have to start each time after full turn off.

6.20 TN-E
Pros:
Cons: Has less psx and homebrew compatibility.

6.20 PRO-B5 Can be made Permanent.
Pros:
Cons:

6.35 PRO-B5
Pros:
Cons:

If there's anything I can add/remove to this, or if this is not needed, then please tell me.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
A HEN is just a homebrew enabler, the current versions of TN and PRO are LCFWS (Light Custom Firmwares) because they do a lot more (and they work on the Go and 3K models). Also 6.20 PRO-B5 can be made permanent (6.35 PRO cannot).

Might want to list the differences, as the 6.x firmwares have lesser homebrew and plugin compatibility (for example no POPSloader, so lexx PSX compatibility), but they have automatic patching for newer PSP games.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
A HEN is just a homebrew enabler, the current versions of TN and PRO are LCFWS (Light Custom Firmwares) because they do a lot more (and they work on the Go and 3K models). Also 6.20 PRO-B5 can be made permanent (6.35 PRO cannot).

Might want to list the differences, as the 6.x firmwares have lesser homebrew and plugin compatibility (for example no POPSloader, so lexx PSX compatibility), but they have automatic patching for newer PSP games.
I will be sure to add that.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
For any CFW you're covering you should include the related OFW too.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
For any CFW you're covering you should include the related OFW too.
Ah, I almost forgot that you needed the OFW for some of them.
shy.gif

I've also listed a PROS CONS thing on each of them. If you have any to add, let me know.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not sure you should count 6.38-ME as a reliable option for permanent CFW. it's extremely unstable and lots more homebrew/plugins don't work on it than on any other CFW. 6.20 PRO would be better for that category.

also, "5.50 Prometheus" isn't a CFW. there's no such thing.you're referring to 5.50 GEN-D3 with prometheus v4 patch. it's an addon, not a separate CFW. the prometheus addons don't really need a separate CFW listing, but rather they should be included in the tutorials for setting up their respective CFWs.
and you list 5.00 M33 along with the two GENs. really?
really?

other than that, seems noice. will definitely help newcomers to PSP hacking and those who are just confuzzled with all the new CFWs floating around. (provided your guide's mistakes don't add to their confusion
laugh.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
FYI PSP Go has different OFW updates.

Since you've only included one...

EDIT: also use Filetrip, less likely of deleted files and they are already on there.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
i'm not sure you should count 6.38-ME as a reliable option for permanent CFW. it's extremely unstable and lots more homebrew/plugins don't work on it than on any other CFW. 6.20 PRO would be better for that category.

also, "5.50 Prometheus" isn't a CFW. there's no such thing.you're referring to 5.50 GEN-D3 with prometheus v4 patch. it's an addon, not a separate CFW. the prometheus addons don't really need a separate CFW listing, but rather they should be included in the tutorials for setting up their respective CFWs.
and you list 5.00 M33 along with the two GENs. really?
really?

other than that, seems noice. will definitely help newcomers to PSP hacking and those who are just confuzzled with all the new CFWs floating around. (provided your guide's mistakes don't add to their confusion
laugh.gif

I've added what I thought was the latest. Theres both pros and cons to each CFW. People should have the choice to update to 6.38 if they so chose too. Even m33, which I even use.

And 5.50 pro IS a CFW. I've checked. It isn't addon. I don't think it's a addon as the file is 56.8 MB.

And I put the 5.00 m33 pro addon in there as you will need it in order to play all the newest games.

QUOTE(prwlr. @ May 3 2011, 12:48 AM) FYI PSP Go has different OFW updates.

Since you've only included one...

EDIT: also use Filetrip, less likely of deleted files and they are already on there.
I know I forgot the go OFW, I'm trying to get everthing else done before I add it.

And would you guys like Filetrip as a better place to download?

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
I've added what I thought was the latest. Theres both pros and cons to each CFW. People should have the choice to update to 6.38 if they so chose too. Even m33, which I even use.

And 5.50 pro IS a CFW. I've checked. It isn't addon. I don't think it's a addon as the file is 56.8 MB.

And I put the 5.00 m33 pro addon in there as you will need it in order to play all the newest games.
the latest is the worst in this case. it's more of an experimental release. all of the ME and Custom releases are.
i'm not saying it's a horrible CFW, but it is what it is - experimental. 6.20 is currently the best permanent 6.xx CFW.
and 5.50 Prometheus is not a custom firmware. it's 5.50 GEN-D3 with the prometheus patch.
maybe your 56.8MB update file is GEN-D3 pre-patched with prometheus?
i know you added the prometheus addon for 5.00 but i was just wondering why you bothered to add it in.
there are no advantages to using it over 5.50, the newer and more developed upon CFW.
but i guess i'll just wait to read your pros and contrasts about it before i say any more
smile.gif

not trying to argue you know? just, the only pro i can think of about 5.00M33 is that "it makes u feel loyal 2 dark alex" and makes you a "1337 as phuck pro veteran psp user."

whoomph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Like Shabutie78 kinda pointed out - leave it to the people who know what they're talking about.

Rydian's psp stickies should be all you need.
If you want to do a first draft of your tutorial then ffs don't post it here. If you don't properly know/research what you're talking about, you could leave the less savy people with a lovely brick instead of a psp.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
Duskye said:

the latest is the worst in this case. it's more of an experimental release. all of the ME and Custom releases are.
i'm not saying it's a horrible CFW, but it is what it is - experimental. 6.20 is currently the best permanent 6.xx CFW.
and 5.50 Prometheus is not a custom firmware. it's 5.50 GEN-D3 with the prometheus patch.
maybe your 56.8MB update file is GEN-D3 pre-patched with prometheus?
i know you added the prometheus addon for 5.00 but i was just wondering why you bothered to add it in.
there are no advantages to using it over 5.50, the newer and more developed upon CFW.
but i guess i'll just wait to read your pros and contrasts about it before i say any more
smile.gif

not trying to argue you know? just, the only pro i can think of about 5.00M33 is that "it makes u feel loyal 2 dark alex" and makes you a "1337 as phuck pro veteran psp user."
Well, even if it's addon, I'm gonna leave it there for people that would like the addon.

And I bothered putting it there as if people want to use it, than they can use it. There are some things that m33 has that gen don't.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whoomph said:
Like Shabutie78 kinda pointed out - leave it to the people who know what they're talking about.

Rydian's psp stickies should be all you need.
If you want to do a first draft of your tutorial then ffs don't post it here. If you don't properly know/research what you're talking about, you could leave the less savy people with a lovely brick instead of a psp.
It's not like I didn't research, I just posted it here to get other peoples opinions and to see if anything could be improved on. That's all.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
Well, even if it's addon, I'm gonna leave it there for people that would like the addon.

And I bothered putting it there as if people want to use it, than they can use it. There are some things that m33 has that gen don't.
no, i mean it's great that you included the addon, because i mean 5.xx CFWs shouldn't be used without it. but i think it would just be a little confusing to newcomers when you're trying to tell them that prometheus is its own CFW
smile.gif

and about 5.00, really? what are they?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice list. Just one thing. In the first spoiler, the third link isn't properly named? I think you've got a bit of the url in the link's name. Other than that.
yay.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
Duskye said:

no, i mean it's great that you included the addon, because i mean 5.xx CFWs shouldn't be used without it. but i think it would just be a little confusing to newcomers when you're trying to tell them that prometheus is its own CFW
smile.gif

and about 5.00, really? what are they?
Some homebrew works better for m33 as in includes the 1.50 thing, which some homebrew needed.

There's also some CXMB themes that only work with m33.

And I've changed that they're addons and added the little warning for both.

And Devin, I'll get that fixed.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Shabutie78 said:

Think harder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.