Homebrew ohneswanzenegger (Wii Entry -- PC Software)

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a program called "ohneswanzenegger". It is a multi-platform PC program for creating, formatting, & writing to a nand.bin. It allows you to taylor-make a nand.bin on your PC and then install it with bootmii or a flash programmer. It accepts wads or downloads titles and full updates from NUS. It has been undergoing closed beta testing for the past month or so. During this time, not 1 single Wii was bricked, but I still highly recommend checking the contents of a nand.bin before installing it to a wii.

screenshots running in ubuntu linux
ohne1.png
ohne2.png

-features-
format
download titles from NUS
download FULL updates from NUS
cache downloaded files from NUS
install wads
bad block handling
persistent settings
writes files with correct permissions
undetectable by nintendo's "pre-repair check" disc ( removes all traces of homebrew )
generate a nand.bin from "scratch" ( this still requires that you know the bad blocks and have a copy of boot1 & 2 for this wii )
**no korean or dev key support (yet).**

-basic usage-
1) start this program
2) click the "local cache" button and select a location with decent read/write speeds and (up to) 1GB of free space
3) MAKE A COPY of your nand.bin ( keep the original in a safe place )
3) click "search" in this program and select THE COPY of your nand.bin
4) click content->format and format this nand.bin
5) install titles by doing one of the following...
........a) install a full update by typing "3.0u", "4.3j", "2.0e", or similar in the upper left line and pressing "get it"
........b) install a single titles from NUS by typing a 16 character TID in the upper left line ( and optionally the version number in the upper right ) and press "get it"
........c) click file->import wads and select 1 or more .wad files to install
6) write a setting.txt ( content->setting.txt ). if you chose to install a full update in step #5, then this should automatically prompt you
7) re-read all the text in the output window. anything in bold is an error and may result in a broken nand.bin.
8) verify the contents of the nand.bin before even thinking about installing it.
9) vote for me to win the homebrew bounty
10) donate to my paypal - giantpune[at]gmail[dot]com
11) (optional) if you want, you can delete the cached NUS files. or you can leave them there for later use

-disclaimer-
This tool is not intended for people that dont understand basic principals about how the wii works. Please do not include it in any guide aimed at noobs, it was not written for them. Always make sure you verify the contents of a nand.bin after writing to it. Installing a borked nand.bin can very easily brick your wii.

windows r70 package... http://www.multiupload.com/V5RPD75BEU
windows r85 exe( still needs the dlls from the above link )... http://www.multiupload.com/WHNZ7TDU85
windows package r106 http://www.multiupload.com/3G7I6CH3UX
linux and mac can build it from source code... http://code.google.com/p/wiiqt/

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOU ARE TH BOSS MAN !!!!!!!

Thank you for all 3 new nand apps !!!!!!

I really was waiting for tools like those !

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I did some testing on punes apps and I have to say that they are rather amazing. There have been so many times that I could have used apps like this but they were not developed yet.

A+++++ to pune.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Great work pune. But who is the guy that told you to name this app to "ohneswanzenegger"? That name doesnt make sense and it says NUS NandBuilder on the picture.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Great work pune. But who is the guy that told you to name this app to "ohneswanzenegger"? That name doesnt make sense and it says NUS NandBuilder on the picture.
But nothing on the wii scene has a normal name
rofl.gif

And good work once again Prune.....you never fail to surprise

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
WOW ............it's released finally....

I was lucky to be one of the testers for pune before it's released.

It's really a great tool to handle NAND.bin.

Good Job again, pune .

PS. how/where can I vote for u to win the homebrew bounty ?

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think it will be open voting. just put positive responses in here and tell your friends. maybe bribe the judges.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Knew about it (and had it, but didn't have the guts to try it
tongue.gif
) a while ago, but still great work. Could potentially be infinitely useful for so many people. Particularly in conjuntion with the other tools you've been releasing.

Definitely deserve to win something in the homebrew bounty. Maybe a couple of prizes. Haven't really seen anything else worthy of a prize.

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nandBincheck was really written to help me catch bugs in this program. and i think it is the reason i am able to say that i didnt brick any wiis while working on this one. it turned out to be a pretty useful little tool on its own.

and for anybody wondering, I have bit the bullet several times and used this to create a nand.bin and install it to a wii that doesnt have bootmii @boot2.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is - once again - a very interesting project, giantpune. If nothing else, it should provide a more fail-safe solution to those who insist on downgrading or virginizing their wii.

It certainly gets my positive response. And should it come to voting, competition has to pull a MAJOR thing to top this.
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Normally there will be no voting for a winner. The Judges are normal GBAtemp members though, not just Staffers.

(Well, you could say the Judges vote)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Normally there will be no voting for a winner. The Judges are normal GBAtemp members though, not just Staffers.

(Well, you could say the Judges vote)

How does one become a judge? Or are they already chosen?

MaGosT

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this clean the nand u provide or does it just check for the bad block entries and create a "stock" from the choice of system menu version?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got around to checking this out and I must say it's EPIC in all caps
biggrin.gif

imho, this has won unless someone does something better, which they wont. (maybe this will encourage people?)

It's very easy to use, seems solid and bug free. The main thing I like about it is that other options to do this sort of thing would take many tools, a lot of learning and methods and tools not open to the general public.

10/10 imo I hope the judges understand the potential of it, because if not they might overlook it for other things GP could have maybe made at a lot less time and effort and without the sweaty palm in early testing. It took guts to develop and deliver this.

GbaTemp should be very proud of a member who shows such innovations and I think if he can win a prize (1st
tongue.gif
) it would be a win-win for him and this site.

I was going to try and add some bad points or suggestions of how it could be made better, but tbh that would just be cheeky and very hard to do as it looks like it does everything it is supposed to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr