OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Zoids Battle Coloseum ゾイドバトルコロシアム
The goal for this project is to fully translate it from japanese to english.

Brief Descitpion:
The game uses a rock-paper-scissors method to decide who attacks first in battle and the strength of their attack, but also uses a card based system for selecting the options (pilot, zoid, special card). These cards are won randomly after battle, either through the story or a random battle outside of the story (though free battle or online). The main characters are those of the game Zoids Dash. This game features a cast from all over the zoids series. The game is supposedly geared to kids 8 and up and was fun for the two kids I babysit- untranslated. They would just press the buttons and fight - they didn't really play the story. You don't really need to know what it is in english to finish the game. (yeah, a three year old beat this game without knowing japanese, twice).
Zoids Battle Colosuem was released in November of 2006 developed by A-Max and published by Takara Tomy.

There are 8 chance cards. 34 pilot cards but 57 characters (not all are being used) that include the 34 pilots. 64 zoid cards. I still need to get the character and pilot names correct in the images. (edit character names correct as of 17/05/2012). As the characters from this game that are also in Zoids dash do not officially have localized names I am at a loss as to what I should name them. If I go with what the official website had for this game before it went down... or something else. Edit: I decided to go with what I had all along. So what they are now is what they are gonna stay. Before anyone asks - they are localized to the US standard (barring Purien or Prozien in this translation his name is "Puritan").

Whats done:
nearly all of the graphics with the exception of the zoids descriptions, a few miscellaneous graphics and the names (which are in need of americanization).
A tiny bit of the text, which may or may not be replaced depending on the translator. This text is the basic menu stuff/ the mistranslated beginning of the story.

what is not done and I need a translator for:
The text is largely in the overlay files, thus the pointers are all memory based. Which may seem to be a problem but isn't really. If you are a translator willing to help with this - this is the script, I need it translated. If you do help please send me a message or leave some form of notice as to whether you want to be credited for helping and how/if you want to be credited. I appreciate any help given. If you need more context as to the expressions of the people as they talk let me know (I have a dump of those). Which due to openoffice weirdness I purposely did not put in that spreadsheet (the pics would be anchored here but show up 3 pages down which would then get exaggerated in google docs). So....

the gmes this link is the one without images on google drive. This link is the download open office verison with images. (woooohhhh)....

* 1677 of 8863 pointers and one pocket full of puke and one pocket full of silliness 01/03/2012 *
* 2217 of 8863 pointers - 4 boxes of used tissues and a two week long migraine. 26/03/2012 *
* 2527 text pointers dumped of 8863 dumped as of 27/03/2012. *
* 2657 of 8863 pointers. + name pointers(121), credits screen pointers (169), special card pointers(48). more to come later(maybe) 30/03/2012 *
* 3251 of 8863 pointers. Apr 03 2012 09:38 PM *
* 3580 of 8863 pointers AND zgirl names are done April 15 2012 (I took liberty in translating 2 of them as it is just one of those cases where children are not going to see the real names), and two other graphics *
* 3866 of 8863 pointers Apr 18 2012 05:15 AM *
* 3972 of 8863 pointers Apr 18 2012 09:57 PM *
* 4127 of 8863 pointers Apr 20 2012 04:49 PM *
* spent 2 and half days dumping character graphics for use later when I finish dumping the script text wise *
* 5011 of 8863 pointers - confusion over character numbering (programming wise) in game 09/05/2012 yep I dumped over 700 today *
* 8863 pointers dumped - script is ready to be translated - see link 16/05/2012 *
* finished localizing the names in the images. Next up is the names in the overlay and re-pointing from that. *
* added gmes links 22/05/2012 *
* finished translating credits file may add to it but feels wrong *
* no update as of september 18 2014 *

I have two translators helping me with this right now. But have had some help from others on the temp with some troublesome graphics. (you can read up on their help later in this thread )

Software/tools used:
Crystaltile2
emeditor
openoffice
googledocs
mediafire
emuhaste
microsoft windows 7, vista, xp
- microsoft paint
techsmith snagit editor
desmume
Ideas
no$gba
tinke
table21 (pointer tables)

Translator(s): thankyou
habababa (image)
Phoenix Goddess (just for some graphics)
Densetsu (some graphics again)
JammerLea (text, image)
cannonsaga (that one loose translation that I have no idea where it goes, but seems to apply to this game)
myself

Hacker/Graphic editor:
Rastsan

Text completion:
partial menu (sometime in 2010-2011)

Google docs links to text related stuff:
characters
chance cards
credits for in game
* spread sheet with the script for those interested in helping with the translation *

Graphic completion:
about 400-ish give or take 200 left (27/03/2012) (not including americanizing the pilot/character names)
http://www.mediafire.../?bqyzj18fihicn images left to translate (not all of them / I haven't updated this for a year) only use for the gmes images on this link

Links:
Official website (for the game) for some reason it is down now. Cannot seem to find any contact info on the takara tomy webiste. phone and press contacts in the form of an automated form - no email. edit over two weeks now the "official" website for this game has been down.
If any from takara tomy read this please contact me I would like to discuss my activities here with you. *(to avoid any possible legal trouble - on my part)*
wiki linked without permission used for some of the correct names of the characters
zoids fan page that was heavily used for finding the correct names of the zoids, zoids weapons, etc. (in the graphics, text)

Screen shots of progress and things that need fixing
9tfhw3.jpg

a shot of something I need to fix
6f4jyb.jpg

edit feb 23 2011 latest patch.
http://www.mediafire.../?bqyzj18fihicn

please use an untrimmed rom.
Made with xdelta ui. source -legacy- target name "0709 - Zoids Battle Colosseum.nds"

I do not give permission to mirror the patch or upload the rom with any of my patches applied to it. I do not condone the uploading of "roms". Do not ask me for a prepatched rom.

【Disclaimer】As this is a commercial product this game belongs to the trademark holder (Takara Tomy) and or the original developer of said game (A-Max). "©1983-2006 TOMY ZOIDS is a trademark of TOMY Company, Ltd. and used under license. "
The english translated patch, any information contianed in this thread or with the patch is only for research study purposes. Organization(s) or individual(s) may not use this product, patch or the information discussed for commercial purposes in any form. I, this website, or the hosts of the patch will not bear any responsibility for the consequences arising from other(s) use.

If you are looking forward to further patch release(s) or are a supporter of the project hit the like button on this first post. Please DO NOT fill this thread with un-needed support posts or questions on when the patch will get released.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
whats finished now of the translation
the menu
all of the cards except the details in the zoid dtaa book
I would like to say character names but they must be compressed and hidden somewhere other than where I have found them cause i got them translated as far as I can tell
200 lines of the 3100 are now done (not the opening scenario part yet thats next after the last 200 or so in image wise battle messages and zoids armanents images)

I'll mention again that I have the script dumped and ready to go, and still will need help with that... So if interested I should have the opening scenario up in order and ready to go in the next week.

I'll post a patch if anyone requests it of what I have got so far.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprised no one's shown any interest in having this game translated. I would've thought lots of the younger Tempers would be into this sort of thing. Looks cool, but I know squat about translating and/or hacking.

Best of luck to you, though.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Damn, if only I knew japanese I could help out. Unfortunatly I havent motivated myself enough to learn said language. But I will however attempt to help in anyway possible, I totally and 100% support what your doing.

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Alright hit me up bruh. I wanna help out, I got some spare time on my hands. Message me as soon as you see this reply.

dude3991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good luck rastsan. Any Zoids game is awesome! After this translation, would you mind taking a look at Zoids Saga DS? I know that has a lot more interest.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
The reason I have not touched zoids saga ds is that I assumed someone else was doing it and even then I am trying to learn as much as I can asm wise about font hacking (I need it for several other projects) before I consider tackling zoids saga ds

to explain further 7thdragon specific along with a couple other projects I am working on are not nftr but after examination they use the same registers (or close enough to it) and I have to track that to change in asm the width

Even though 7th dragon does not have a width check in it I still would like to convert it to single byte just because it makes things easier

to even further explain the font in zoids saga ds is not just similar its eerily similar. I just dont have a handy pointing file in 7th dragon its weird the way it gets split up in 7thdragon. In saga it all appears to be in one spot. it is just a matter of finding and editing that one little line in asm that will allow single byte font (this unfortunatly means that most japanese will be rendered gibberish so the translation will have to be a complete one)
so not being sure in the first place on how to change that one line or if changing that one line will do what I think it will.
I am putting that off til after I am done with this project its down to 2900 lines from the 3200 before - left to translate and still about 300 to 400 images I still need to edit

I thought for some reason that there were english zoids trading cards I was wrong and that leaves proofing and tranalsting 64 zoid detail cards that are gonna take a while. And a whack load of weird little battle messages that are image based

The game is actually quite playable but I wanna release a 100% complete patch. I am so close I just have to sit down and get to it.
If I was richer I would pay a translator and get them to help finish this off (there really is not that much just syntax and tracking)
Oh and this game is annoying in that the programmers decided to save space and recycle as much of the lines as possible, and since the stuff to translate is in the overlay file I have ended up with lines like
Yeah! I got a zoi
ds chip! Great!

while
Yeah!
I got a zoids chip!
Great!
are all seperate lines in the overlay file
I had to blank out the extra japanese characters with spaces and this game does not seem to have a end of line character. So making this 100% perfect may be impossible but I am gonna try...
If I had a huge amount of time to waste I could track which messages are after which and just do it the right way. This game actually has a message directory in it-
msg086wait32
msg217wait24
and such so tracking should not be to difficult but its still a nightmare for me...

Anyways I promised help on quite a number of other things and I like to keep my word... sooo...

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey if you don't mind the script not being translated and a few - in battle images. there is over 80 images that I may not do anything with. Then I guess I could post a patch.
But nah I would rather just finish it.

typo edit

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.mediafire.com/?bqyzj18fihicn
for a link to the images left to translate (minus the Zoids girls names). If any translators out there would care to help, these are the images that I have left to translate for this project. I don`t need a full image edit just what the images should be translated too. P.m. if you are going to help please and thank-you.

If you only want quick stuff avoid the gmes folder. The files in the gmes folder are the in game descriptions of the zoids.

I`ll remove any I get translated.

I will be working on the script later this week (organizing it for translating). thank-you for any help.

♣zx♣

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
good.! now there's a zoid to play with coz i'm not touching it eversince it came out. hope you update this. though i really hope that zoids saga ds get translated too. thanks anyway. i really appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.