XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
by XFlak

Mod ANY Wii Using ModMii for Windows

modmii.github.io

CHECK OUT MY OTHER USEFUL APPS AT WWW.XFLAK40.WORDPRESS.COM

It's now easier than ever to donate to ModMii using Patreon or GitHub Sponsors!

Check out modmii.github.io for more information, or download ModMii's Windows Installer directly from HERE. The installer is self-explanatory, but if for some reason you run into issues you can download the latest portable zip from HERE and unzip it anywhere on your PC. Then just double-click ModMii.exe or ModMiiSkin.exe.

This video describes some of ModMii's many features

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - March 2023
Warning! Effective in v7.0.0, many of the WADs in ModMii's temp folder from older versions will be deemed invalid going forward and will be automatically re-downloaded (more details in changelog). To correct the files in your temp folder all at once, download the items from the bundled "NUS_2023_Changes" download queue. After ModMii's downloaded files to its temp folder for future use you can delete COPY_TO_SD. (L)oad a prepared download queue to get started. Re-download from NUS while you can as Nintendo servers could shut down at any time!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - FEB 2018
Unfortunately, effective February 2018 ModMii's auto-update feature is broken on any version older than 6.4.5 so you will need to manually download and run the latest installer from HERE in order to start getting updates again.

How to Use ModMii
  • Download and use the the ModMii Installer from the official ModMii Webpage HERE
  • More information on installing and using ModMii can be found in the ModMii Usage Page
  • More information on ModMii in general can be found on the official ModMii Webpage
Snapshot of Main Menu(s)

skin.png

classic.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Note: The files available for Advanced Download can be patched and have their version/slot numbers changed.

User Defined Custom Downloads can get ANY IOS (and optionally patch it), MIOS, or System Menu.

adv.png

adv.png

Error Reporting Procedure!

• Mention specifically how you used ModMii (including what version you used), and describe the problems you got and when/where you got them
  • If you used a ModMii Custom Generated Guide, post it along with your problem.
  • Please post your guide in a "SPOILER" so that they do not take up a too much space

Code:
[spoiler]This is an example of how to code a spoiler[/spoiler]

This is an example of how to code a spoiler

Want to contribute?
1) If you want to contribute a ModMii translation, please read here
2) If you want to contribute a ModMii Skin Theme, please read here

v6.6.3 Downloads since April 23, 2021
total

v7.0.0 Downloads since March 10, 2023
total

v7.0.1 Downloads since Aug 9, 2023
total

v7.0.2 Downloads since Jan 22, 2024
total

Known bugs
As of 2024-02-23 there are 3:
However, ModMii will automatically repair issues 2 & 3 when it checks for updates

1) Some users may get a "Get-Disk.vbs not found" error, usually if their Windows installation or language settings are atypical in some way or another. You can safely ignore that message and just click OK and proceed like normal. That file is simply trying to detect the format details of hdd's connected to the PC to include in a spoiler in your guide to save u the trouble of manually checking those details following the steps in your guide. The error is harmless and u can ignore it.

ModMii will automatically repair issues 2 & 3 when it checks for updates

2) "Bootmii SD files: Missing":
ModMii will automatically repair this issue when it checks for updates
https://github.com/modmii/modmii.github.io/issues/6

You can proceed without this file so long as you are not trying to use Bootmii2Casper.bat, the bootmii sd files will be created by the hackmii installer when installing bootmii. If you don't want to ignore this error, or wait until an update, you can do either or both of the following

Download this and save it to ModMii's temp folder:
https://web.archive.org/web/20221230171503/http://static.hackmii.com/bootmii_sd_files.zip

or open Support\subscripts\DB.bat and replace:
http://static.hackmii.com/bootmii_sd_files.zip
with:
https://web.archive.org/web/20221230171503/http://static.hackmii.com/bootmii_sd_files.zip

3) "WiiMC-SS (Media Player): Missing": ModMii will automatically repair this issue when it checks for updates

to fix open Support\subscripts\DB.bat and replace:
https://hbb1.oscwii.org/hbb/wiimc-ss/wiimc-ss.zip
with:
https://hbb1.oscwii.org/api/v3/contents/WiiMC-SS/WiiMC-SS.zip

Last edited by XFlak,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if u only want to grab the channels, type "none" when it asks for your firmware

EDIT: I forgot that this is actually stated on the first screen once u start the app, so just read the fine print
wink.gif

edit: this post relates to an outdated version of nusad

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
tj_cool said:
xflak40 said:
if u only want to grab the channels, type "none" when it asks for your firmware
Won't it download the IOSs then?

Too bad I couldn't finish the GUI version in time
tongue.gif

no, if you type "none" it will only install the channels you told it to install, nothing else (i just double checked it too, works fine)

i didn't even realize u were making a gui version! (thanks again TJ for checking my downloader for bugs)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
no, if you type "none" as it will only install the channels you told it to install, nothing else (i just double checked it too, works fine)

i didn't even realize u were making a gui version! (thanks again TJ for checking my downloader for bugs)
Ah ok

Yeah I was planning to make a simple GUI for it, but its probably gonna be a little harder than I thought
frown.gif

Maybe I'll never even finish it, so don't wait for it
tongue.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Davess said:
Thanks, Also I think many Noobs i'll post topics on help with this, Can you implement a help feature?

Because they'll never read the readme, (They never do
frown.gif
)
honestly, i think the app is self-explanatory. And if anyone has trouble, they can watch the youtube video and they should be able to figure it out.

After all, its not hard, all u do is answer the Q's the app asks u, wait for it to download, then copy the contents of the COPY_TO_SD folder to the root of your SD card.

The only thing that may need explaining is how to use wad manager or dop-ios... but that would be information overload, besides, that info is available all over the place.

(so basically I'm saying I think a help feature is a waste of time, but I appreciate your input
biggrin.gif
)

Reactions: 2 people

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
tj_cool said:
xflak40 said:
no, if you type "none" it will only install the channels you told it to install, nothing else (i just double checked it too, works fine)

Ah ok

Yeah I was planning to make a simple GUI for it, but its probably gonna be a little harder than I thought
frown.gif

Maybe I'll never even finish it, so don't wait for it
tongue.gif
no prob, feel free to add this to the complete softmod guide whenever u get a chance (or I can do it, not sure when I will get around to it though... I need to get back to the real world... so much real work to do
biggrin.gif
)

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this is ill xflak, another awesome concoction
biggrin.gif
sparked a bowl to that one
biggrin.gif

lets make sure it gets implemented in CSG.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
xzxero said:
this is ill xflak, another awesome concoction
biggrin.gif
sparked a bowl to that one
biggrin.gif

lets make sure it gets implemented in CSG.
thx man! Wish I could join u for that... but I'm still at work right now... so I'm gonna have to wait another 5 or 6 hours before I can have a session of my own... u lucky bastard
wink.gif

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
xflak40 said:
Davess said:
Thanks, Also I think many Noobs i'll post topics on help with this, Can you implement a help feature?

Because they'll never read the readme, (They never do
frown.gif
)
honestly, i think the app is self-explanatory. And if anyone has trouble, they can watch the youtube video and they should be able to figure it out.

After all, its not hard, all u do is answer the Q's the app asks u, wait for it to download, then copy the contents of the COPY_TO_SD folder to the root of your SD card.

The only thing that may need explaining is how to use wad manager or dop-ios... but that would be information overload, besides, that info is available all over the place.

(so basically I'm saying I think a help feature is a waste of time, but I appreciate your input
biggrin.gif
)
I figured you'd say that, And i Agree
biggrin.gif

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hdhacker said:
Does it matter the order the wads are installed? Is there a program that can batch install wads?

You could use The Wad Manager Multi Mod or Use The Cioscorp Installer, and just replace the Cios's with the one's you downloaded with this tool

BTW this is a really nifty and usefull tool, thanks xflak!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
just use the wad manager multi-mod, links in the first post

cioscorp installer, or even waninkoko's wad batch installer frequently fails after 2 to 5 in a row...

so use wad manager multi-mod, or wad manager 1.5 if u must

but as i say in the 1st post, and in the read me, be sure to install the system menu ios before the system menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night