Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
All older Versions of CustomizeMii caused animations to be rough, especially zooms and rotations.
Please run all those channels through CustomizeMii 2.1, it will be automatically fixed. (Just load and create the WAD)

CustomizeMii is a custom channel creator for the Wii.
The .NET Framework 2.0 is required to run this application!

There is also a mono version which runs under Linux / Mac OS X (Requires the mono framework!)

For any further information, see: http://customizemii.googlecode.com
Please use the Issue Tracker there to report any occuring bugs.

Thanks to icefire / Xuzz for the basic idea of this Application!

Download: http://code.google.com/p/customizemii/downloads/list
(Please just link to this site instead of mirroring the archive, thanks!)

QUOTE said:
Changelog:

Version 2.1
  • Added CustomizeMii Installer (by WiiCrazy / I.R.on)
  • Fixed rough edges (artifacts) on images (will be fixed automatically)
  • Replaced the TPL preview window with the one from ShowMiiWads for easier handling
  • Added loop prelistening to the BNS conversion window (only for wave files)
  • Added drag & drop ability cause the file dialogs kept bothering me
  • Improvement in startup speed (thanks shadow1643)
  • Added creation/last edited time (only for CustomizeMii 2.1+ channels)
  • Added a button to translate the word "Channel" to every language
  • Improved detection of required TPLs
  • Little improvements and fixes
  • Changed the complex forwarder to be more configurable (choose any path you want)
  • ForwardMii is now bundled with CustomizeMii

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice update, I like the idea of having a dedicated installer in it - am I correct in assuming this works through WiiLoad, you type in the Wii IP address and hit a button, then the installer is sent with the WAD?

BTW, is there any chance you could add the functionality to export brlan and brlyt as xmlan and xmlyt? I guess it would be pretty hard, but if it would be possible, that'd be awesome. Dunno if thats even allowed under Benzin'z license, seeing as the creators of it invented xmlan and xmlyt...But anyway, that'd be an awesome feature, other than that, this app is fantastic. And hey, if someone is advanced enough to be editing animations they can use Benzin
wink.gif

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We have talked to Megazig on WADder about that and he said he does not want his app to be put into a programme like customizemii or wadder. It was something about some parts of the programmes are illegal or have some other bits of code etc...

Anyway all you need is customizemii, benzin, notpad++ and photoshop and you are well away.
smile.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Great you released!

About the benzin stuff, one can always implement support and omit the binary to be included by the end user... Dunno if it's gpl but if it's gpl he has no rights to prevent the distribution of the derivative work of his software as long as the gpl license is met.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mattjd said:
We have talked to Megazig on WADder about that and he said he does not want his app to be put into a programme like customizemii or wadder. It was something about some parts of the programmes are illegal or have some other bits of code etc...

Anyway all you need is customizemii, benzin, notpad++ and photoshop and you are well away.
smile.gif

Aww...oh well. I guess its not that hard to use Benzin anyway, especially with the Benzin binary thread over at WADder allowing you to get it pre-built.

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiCrazy said:
Great you released!

About the benzin stuff, one can always implement support and omit the binary to be included by the end user... Dunno if it's gpl but if it's gpl he has no rights to prevent the distribution of the derivative work of his software as long as the gpl license is met.

I wanted to integrate functions to use the benzin.exe, if the user copied it into the CustomizeMii folder, but SquidMan has said no and I respect his wish. I guess anyone who does their own animations is able to use benzin anyway
wink.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Leathl said:
WiiCrazy said:
Great you released!

I wanted to integrate functions to use the benzin.exe, if the user copied it into the CustomizeMii folder, but SquidMan has said no and I respect his wish. I guess anyone who does their own animations is able to use benzin anyway
wink.gif

Well it's your software, it's your decision... Personally I wouldn't expect a better attitude from them... Fine they are no better than Marcan in that sense...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Leathl, any time i try to make a channel using waninkoko's complex forwarder I get an error message saying
Code:
Could not find file 'Complex Forwarder'

the comex complex forwarder works great, but I want to be able to use wanin's for certain problematic apps (ie. mplayer_ce and Neogamma)

can you take a look at this please?

Thanks a lot, great work!

edit: wanin's simple forwarder also works fine

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
megazig said:
benzin is not GPL, it is all rights reserved.

Laichzeit is licensed under the GNU GPLv2. -> Laichzeit's code may not be used in applications which launch games from backup mediums.

Banner Player is licensed under the GNU GPLv2. -> Banner Player's code may not be used in applications which launch games from backup mediums.

Zetsubou is licensed under the GNU GPLv2. -> Zetsubou's code may not be used in applications which launch games from backup mediums.

Revolutionary step regarding the licensing terms!

May I remind you, the last version before the licensing change is still GPLv2...

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xflak40 said:
Leathl, any time i try to make a channel using waninkoko's complex forwarder I get an error message saying
Code:
Could not find file 'Complex Forwarder'

the comex complex forwarder works great, but I want to be able to use wanin's for certain problematic apps (ie. mplayer_ce and Neogamma)

can you take a look at this please?

Thanks a lot, great work!

edit: wanin's simple forwarder also works fine

Whoops, must have missed that.. As a workaround, just create the complex forwarder with comex's nandloader, load the created wad, take the internal dol and switch the nandloader to Waninkoko's.

QUOTEneeto
smile.gif
. so when do us gecko users get some love? if you need testers or whatever drop me a line.

What do you want gecko support for? For the transmission of the Installer?
unsure.gif

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
nice work Leath, as always!

It just a "shame" that it need this f**king .net 2.0, coz I cannot run it throught Wine (all my computers are running Linux now, and not enough powerfull to run virtual machine at decent speed)

keep coding!

cheers

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just go to the synaptic package manager and search for "mono" and install that puppy. or you may be able to apt-get install mono.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Great work Leathl, noticed a bug tho

where viewing images then scroll or select any image in the list after viewing the last image in the list the size of the last image is then displayed on all the other images in the list instead of showing the proper sizes

Agnin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, first of all sorry for my bad english, I'm french
unsure.gif

I have troubles with CustomizeMii to make a formarder or channel to one of my game homebrew. I create it with another wad base, I replace pictures, music and path for the dol. I have testd with 4 differents wad (also static base), without any modifications (only dol or path). Wen the wad is done (no error with customizemii) I install it with waninkoko wadmanager 1.5. It appears, all work great, I launch it, play to my homebrew...

But when I quit the homebrew I have a blackscreen. No reboot, no homebrew channel. I must reset the wii by long power button press.

Have you any explication about it?
Thank a lot for your replies,
Agnin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs