Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Categorii v2.0 Pre-set Packages
(Tree Style and Web Style)

Keep all your apps organized into different folders (sub-directories) using Categorii v2.0 (and/or Homebrew Sorter).

Another great feature of categorii is being able to password protect certain folders (and hence certain apps). This way you can stop worrying about kids (or noobs friends) using dangerous apps that have the potential to brick you (ie. any title deleter).
To add a password you have to edit the meta.xml for that categorii folder (instructions on how to edit the meta.xml are on the categorii wiibrew website). The Pre-set Packages DO NOT have passwords already set-up.

Download Categorii v2.0 Pre-set Package #1 (Tree Style) HERE
One category (lets call it apps_) that consists only of links to all the other categories, and all the other categories would have a link back button that take you back to the main folder (apps_)

The Tree Style Package #1 also includes Homebrew Sorter:
(Homebrew Sorter is an alternative to categorii, I still prefer categorii, but some users may prefer homebrew sorter)

Download Categorii v2.0 Pre-set Package #2 (Web Style) HERE

This is the "Web" package, so each categorii has links to every other categorii (like a web)

Both preset packages have the following Categorii's/Folders already set up (without any passwords)

Categorii's

Emulators
Games
Installers
Media
Misc
Utilities

Thanks to Elisherer for making the above icons

Thanks to Yossi for creating Categorii and to teknecal for creating homebrew sorter!
Categorii WiiBrew Page
Homebrew Sorter WiiBrew Page

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: djDougs

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
need more attention?
smileipb2.png

I never used Categorii
tongue.gif

But it might be worth making a guide of it for the CSG...
unsure.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
tj_cool said:
need more attention?
smileipb2.png

I never used Categorii
tongue.gif

But it might be worth making a guide of it for the CSG...
unsure.gif

of course i want more attention! i'm an attention whore! lol

u really never used it? categorii is awesome!! I literally have EVERY single homebrew app ever publicly released, if i didn't have them organized it would be a disaster!

Another great feature is being able to password protect certain folders (and hence certain apps), this way you can stop worrying about kids or noobs using apps that can brick you

if you add it to the CSG, feel free to use the rapidshare link to my package (in fact i encourage it! I could use the rapidshare points! lol)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wiihacker3000 said:
download it here Categorii NO Rapid Share!!!!
yea, that is just ONE folder/template... it requires u make multiple copies of it and edit each meta.xml to link from one folder to another, the package I've uploaded already has all that done for you (I've also taken out the ridiculous password you would need to switch folders which is in the wiibrew download)

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since my wii technically belongs to my 7 yr old son, this will b very handy. no more deleting apps off the hdd. cool!

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've started using categorii recently and I like it (despite having heaps of redundant "Back" .dol files)

I've even made a "cIOSCORP v3.x" categorii...
evil.gif
where I put all my installers for testing.

Off-topic: Should I include this categorii in v3.7?

@wiihacker3000
You should be able to ectract the package to the root of your sd, and "back" should show up in HBC. Load it, and you should be in the root categorii.

wiihacker3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i put it in
smile.gif
but heres the thing... i clicked on emulator in catagorii and now every time i loade up HBC i get the BACK app only and my wii freezes once i load it.....

wiihacker3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holy shiz!!!!!!i just went in my apps folder on my sd card and it deleted all my things in the apps folder and now all i got is the BACk app
frown.gif

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
bnm81002 said:
I can't download it from the 1st post, what's the removed mp3 from the other download link?

The root of the sd card had a mp3 that might be copyrighted and it shouldn't be distirubuted in the package if thats the case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters