www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sclogo.gif
Supercard DSTWO announced
GBAtemp Exclusive
dstwo.png
The Supercard team have today confirmed directly to GBAtemp.net that the development of the successor to the Supercard DSONE is now officially under way.

THE SUPERCARD DSTWO IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PREORDERS ON SHOPTEMP.COM

Their newest cart, unsurprisingly named the Supercard DSTWO, will be a mash up between the original DSONE and the hardware that was found in the iPlayer multimedia player. It will of course be DSi compatible, but will most likely not have 'i' in the title, but that is subject to change. That means you're going to have a cart on your hands that can play both Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance games without any additional hardware. There will also be a SNES emulator, but we have not yet had the chance to see this in action.

Alongside the built in emulators, the DSTWO will also boast a revamped real-time feature system, multi language options, slow motion and a file management system.

Here's the official feature list for the Supercard DSTWO:
Supercard Team said:
1. RealTime Functions: RealTime Save, RealTime Game Guide(txt,bmp,jpg) & RealTime Cheat. (More stable, more easy to use, cheat code compatible with R4 and TT now)
2. Multi Saves (Up to 4 slot), Easy to backup and restore saves.
4. Unlimited MicroSD storage space support. SDHC support. FAT or FAT32.
5. Multiple languages (English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Spanish)
6. Built-in GBA/SNES Emulator.
7. Action Slow Motion (4 levels,).
8. File Management System (Copy, Paste, Cut and Delete, long file name support).
9. eBook (BMP, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, GIF, TXT, PDF).
Stay tuned to GBAtemp for further updates, including pictures and videos in the next couple of days and weeks.

discuss.png
 Discuss

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally I wanted to buy a Supercard one when I was choosing my flashcart a year ago but a lot of things told me me not to and I choose a Cyclo but now that they don't have a dsi cart looks like Cyclo isn't getting my 50 bucks again although I'll need to see the menu first but I wonder If it will be able to play dsi only games since they have the time to put it in.

Reason for edit: Spelling mistakes I really need to start reading what I write.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Cart will probably have its own menu of its own. This news also sucks for the people who have the Supercard DSone because I don't think they will update it now.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have been waiting to see if any makers would integrate the iPlayer hardware into their flashcarts. The only thing I am wondering abut is whether battery life is going to be horrible.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if there will be a SDK available to take advantage of the extra processing power of the Supercard DSTWO or not.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Will the GBA emulator function work on a DSLite or does it require the extra RAM the DSi has.
What a stupid question. Of course it will run on the DS Lite. This flashcart doesn't use DSimOde only DS mode.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
luke_c said:
Will the GBA emulator function work on a DSLite or does it require the extra RAM the DSi has.
It will work on any DS as the GBA emulator runs using the Flashcarts CPU and hardware rather than the DS's.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
luke_c said:
What a stupid question. Of course it will run on the DS Lite. This flashcart doesn't use DSimOde only DS mode.
No offense, but coming from you, it was a very smart question.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
luke_c said:

Oi you. Chill out. I'd question that as well. It's a geniune question, albeit a late and reduntant one. In a nicer tone, yes it will work on the DS Lite, DS Brick, and the DSi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime