Hacking Guide: how to downgrade from 4.2 to 3.2(online)

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is an guide for downgrading to 3.2X. it has an chance to brick youre wii so be carefull! Lu64 gamers should skip this guide because it has an chance of very much % it will brick youre wii!
The reason I did want to post it here yea I don’t know I’ve you want to make an new start with yore wii this should be youre thing(still it isn’t for lu64!

Disclaimer:

1.no one is responsible to any damage to youre wii except yourself! you wanted to do this! so... shut up and pm me if your wii is bricked!

2. we are not responsible for any bad copies or fakes from this tutorial, that are published on sites like newsgroups ect. we dont say this is good, this is bad junk!

3.Disco bear doesn’t aloud to copy this tutorial to any site without permission!(pm me or discobear) when you pm me, I will contact discobear then for you!

Be careful!
I mean dont update to 4.0/4.1/4.2 till I update my guide!

Downgrade Wii Firmware 4.2X to 3.2X

not for lu64 or newer!.

what you need:
the files :Downgrade files:
Wii 4.2X Firmware
Homebrew Channel
Bootmii as IOS and boot 2
DVDX
SD Card

If you haven’t install the hbc yet then install it!(very simple with banner bomb v.2)

this tutorial is tested on firmware 4.2E!

step one: preparations

download the rar and unrar it on youre Sd card
then put the Sd card in youre wii!

Step2: deleting ios 249 stub

1. open the hbc and start the wad manager
2. choose for ios 250 and press A
3. choose for Wii SD Slot.
4. Select IOS 249.wad and press the A. button
5. then press right until it says "Uninstall Wad".
6. then press A again.
7. if this is clear the return to the hbc.
Step3: installing Cios 249

1. in the hbc press the home button and select "Launch Bootmii".
2. cBoot2 starts and then start Waninkokos CIOS Installer.
3. select ``IOS 36`` or ``Do not reload IOS`` and press A.
4. Accept the disclaimer and press A.
5. choose for ``Network Installation`` and press on A.
6. make the installation complete, then return to the HBC.

step 4: Downgrading IOS

1. connect your Sd card to youre pc and change the name boot.dol to boot_cios.dol
2. change the name from boot_downgrader.dol to boot.dol
3. In the HBC, select the home button and again press on "Launch Bootmii".
4. cBoot2 starts now and then starts IOS Down grader.
5. press A to start the downgrade!
6. make all Ios files Ok and then it will say "Installation Complete.. OK!"
7. when youre clear return to the hbc.

step 5: Downgrading to 3.2X

1. in the hbc start any region changer.
2. 1st warn: press A
3. 2nd warn: wait till it says that you need to press 1
4. when youre in the menu make it to youre own region: (this is for dutch users)

Language Setting: Dutch
Console Area Setting: Europe
Game Region Setting: Europe
Console Video Mode: PAL
Shop Country Code: 94
Services EULA: Disabled
Revert Settings: Revert

press after making youre settings ``save``.

5 then go 2 steps lower there it says
Install System Menu 3.2 ( or 3.3 for K ) press here A
6. If youre sure you want to downgrade press A
7. ``NO`` Korean disk support!
8. ``Yes`` for system menu hacks!.
9. return to sys. menu by pressing home or turn youre wii off! the it will start Bootmii turn youre wii of then get out the Sd card of youre wii then you will have sys many 3.2X!( oh and on youre Sd card boot. dol into boot_downgrader.dol )

congrats! you’ve captured an downgraded wii! do you want to give an nickname to youre wii got to youre settings and make a change!
toot.gif

Tutorial By Discobear
translation and pokemon text by Aeon

Guide 2 wil come soon!

Guide 3: how to downgrade from 4.2 to 4.1
need to find out first

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there is no point in downgrading to 3.2

most people will just end up bricking as there are boot2 fixed models.

abandon your plans before the bricks arise.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Who is Disco bear^^ ?

I went back to 3.2 from 4.2 with ease. But as xzxero said there is not really a point, just nostalgia. People are stubborn and want to stay where they are and dont want to make any changes to a system thats working.

Take care of what you are writing that in fact you really could be responsible for bricked Wiis(Boot2v4 is all I say).

Edit: Dude, check your grammar!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yea man, this will only lead to more stupid fucking threads about people who dont know wtf they did to their wii.

"hi i followed a 4.2 to 3.2 guide now my screen stays black. heeeaaalp!"

we dont want none of that bullshit, at least i dont.

and this give people the reason to think that 3.2 is the better firmware, and the one people should at.

karl10247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey G0dLike

You say youve downgraded to 3.2 from 4.2? I have a legitimate reason for wanting to do this: i cant run out of region games on my hard modded (wiikey) PAL console!

This is such a pain cos i have a lot of games that are NTSC that i've been quite happily playing on until updating firmware

Can you talk me through the process if its safe? I got bootmii installed with a nice nand backup so no sweat there.

Thanks in advance

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
you can just downgrade to 4.1
no need to go all the way to 3.2

exactly.

And this is still pretty experimental anyway. Some guy who PM'd me did manage to downgrade to 3.2 and even 2.0 afer having updated to 4.2 and therefore having boot2v4. But still, I don't recommend it.

Also, there's a lot of pure misinformation in the guide. For example, you claim that stubbing the System Menu IOS is an anti-piracy measure when there's no way to prove that. Chances are it's just to conserve space since the console is never meant to be downgraded, and there's no point to leaving a fully functional IOS that'll never be used again by conventional means.

Obviously the stub IOS249 and so on are a different case, but still. Pushing not-quite-true information is a no-no.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FenrirWolf said:
xzxero said:

exactly.

And this is still pretty experimental anyway. Some guy who PM'd me did manage to downgrade to 3.2 and even 2.0 afer having updated to 4.2 and therefore having boot2v4. But still, I don't recommend it.

oke but why may I not post an guide I thought you did like it and not be so negatif! I did all translate from dutch to english by my own!(thats hard for me) so be happy! I am happy that I did post this! 4.1 downgrade is oke but still its possible!

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
FenrirWolf said:
xzxero said:

exactly.

But, can't you downgrade by following the first 5 steps from the xzxero's softmodding guide and then loading the Firmware Downgrader from Waninkoko? That's only a deduction, though; but I think it works.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose you could. Like I said the main concern is how boot2v4 affects non LU64-type consoles. So far it seems like consoles upgraded to boot2v4 (not ones shipped with it) can downgrade successfully, but that's only the result of a few tests and shouldn't be taken as 100% fact yet.

fruitman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:

how would you downgrade to 4.1E please? its the region free wii game thing not working on 4.2E that I dont like. thanks
smile.gif

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
FenrirWolf said:
I suppose you could. Like I said the main concern is how boot2v4 affects non LU64-type consoles. So far it seems like consoles upgraded to boot2v4 (not ones shipped with it) can downgrade successfully, but that's only the result of a few tests and shouldn't be taken as 100% fact yet.

I think once Boot2 is installed successfully by the update (something that in some cases is very dangerous, not so say that Ninty is "playing with fire" when doing that), there's no risk on downgrading to 4.1. Of course a downgrade guide for LU64+ consoles is made of fail.

deceptica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently (eventually) upgraded from 3.2 to 4.2 following Zektor's online method. Everything went well. Of course I have my 3.2 nand backup should the need arise. Hence here's a three step guide to downgrading using bootmii:

1. Back up your existing 3.2 nand.
2. Upgrade to 4.2 using a safe method.
3. Restore your 3.2 nand.

Edit: Please make an effort to learn correct English. How can anyone trust you with their Wii if you cannot communicate coherently???

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aeon said:
I shall try to make it perfect! and how can I input spiolers?

You can perfect it by deleting this imho. It's really unnecessary to downgrade to 3.2.
Noobs will look at the back of their Wii's and see the number LEH or something, and will assume it isn't a LU64+ version.

This could cause a lot of bricks. A 4.2 -> 4.1 guide would be better I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome