Hacking Getting usb loaders, etc working on system menu 4.2, the easy way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustReading

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
!!YOU MUST HAVE HAD CIOS INSTALLED BEFORE YOU UPDATED FOR THIS TO WORK!!

First, thanks to lissm, who wrote part of this tutorial in another post. I adapted it to work with more than just uloader. I've tested this on multiple wiis, works perfectly. No need to fuck around with bootmii backups, etc. It just works! All wiis i tested it on were updated with the official updater, but if you used Wan's updater you will be fine as well.

Works with whatever usb loader you want.

This method requires the following:

1. You have the homebrew channel working on 4.2. If not, just install it with indiana pwns or any other method.

2. hermes cios installer.

3. cIOS38_rev14-Installer.zip

4. Usb loader gx.

The steps.

1. Put them in your apps dir, as normal.

2. Run Herme's Cios installer.

3.First pick cios 250.

3a: Next, hit cios 222.

3b: Use the "recomended" option next.

Your wii will go online, download some shit, install it, and exit tot he homebrew channel.

Now relaunch and do the same, picking 223 at step 3a

Now run the cios 38 rev 14 installer. Tell it to use cios 222. It will install.

Run USB Loader gx.

Finally, play your pirated games with usb loader gx. Also, reply to this thread so it stays high up and noobs see it, instead of that other thread that wants you to mess around with bootmii backups

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how do you propose that you use a trucha signed 250 when Nintendo stubs the damn thing when you officially update? I understand if you previous had 250 installed with the higher version number it'll work, but how does this help someone who previously had NO softmod and is on v4.2? And what is rev7 of Waninkoko's cIOS even doing here? This guide is useless.

JustReading

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
And how do you propose that you use a trucha signed 250 when Nintendo stubs the damn thing when you officially update? I understand if you previous had 250 installed with the higer version number it'll work, but how does this help someone who previously had NO softmod and is on v4.2? And what is rev7 of Waninkoko's cIOS even doing here? This guide is useless..

Doesn't matter. You follow these steps AFTER you update. I've tested it, it works. Do not troll until you try it. Use whatever CIOS rev you want. This is just a basic guide to get shit going again.

I'm not here to support noobs who were never softmodded. This works for pretty much anyone who had a usb loader working before but did not after.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JustReading said:
zektor said:
And how do you propose that you use a trucha signed 250 when Nintendo stubs the damn thing when you officially update? I understand if you previous had 250 installed with the higer version number it'll work, but how does this help someone who previously had NO softmod and is on v4.2? And what is rev7 of Waninkoko's cIOS even doing here? This guide is useless..

Doesn't matter. You follow these steps AFTER you update. I've tested it, it works. Do not troll until you try it. Use whatever CIOS rev you want. This is just a basic guide to get shit going again.

I'm not here to support noobs who were never softmodded. This works for pretty much anyone who had a usb loader working before but did not after.

Do not "troll"? Excuse me newbie, but I have been working on and with the v4.2 menu from the moment it was released. You are an idiot. It installs "some shit"? What?

Anyway, forget this so called "guide". If you are already softmodded, simply use Waninkoko's v4.2 firmware updater, which will not touch your cIOSes in the first place. They will be there as they were in the previous system menu. There's a good thread regarding v4.2 findings here in this forum.

JustReading

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
JustReading said:
zektor said:

Do not "troll"? Excuse me newbie, but I have been working on and with the v4.2 menu from the moment it was released. You are an idiot. It installs "some shit"? What?

Anyway, forget this so called "guide". If you are already softmodded, simply use Waninkoko's v4.2 firmware updater, which will not touch your cIOSes in the first place. They will be there as they were in the previous system menu. There's a good thread regarding v4.2 findings here in this forum.

If you are already softmodded and UPDATED OFFICIALLY, shit doesn't work until you folllow these steps. Again, there is no need for you to post idiotic garbage in this thread. Please leave.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well , Zektor is right.
So don't be stupid and edit your title to add that it only works if you had previously installed ios250...(before to update).
it won't work if it's not the case.

JustReading

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Benjay said:
Well , Zektor is right.
So don't be stupid and edit your title to add that it only works if you had previously installed ios250...(before to update).
it won't work if it's not the case.

I would like to think that that is implied. If you had a wii and weren't already softmodded, well.....

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I see what you mean , but your title let think that you can install whatever you want on a virgin 4.2 wii.....

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cool down guys,

JustReading's method will only work if you have a non virgin Wii. If a cIOS was installed before you update via Nintendo updater, there is a IOS250 with a higher version installed (backup of IOS249), because the IOS250 will not be overwritten with the Nintendo stub version ....

JustReading

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Benjay said:
I see what you mean , but your title let think that you can install whatever you want on a virgin 4.2 wii.....

Yeah, I'd like to edit the title, but the fourm isn't letting me

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
of course it wont let you your not a mod.

dont worry we'll create a noob proof guide even you will be able to follow.

JustReading

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:

You guys are being real pieces of shit. I don't need a guide; there wasn't one so I came up with my own.

Seriously, can you pricks just fuck off?

JustReading

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buggers said:
doesnt work even on my non virgin wii. just gives an error ret- 1035 with cios rev14

To confirm, you are telling it to install use cios 222 when it launches, correct? In addition, you did install hermes cios before moving on to cios rev14, correct?

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JustReading said:
xzxero said:

You guys are being real pieces of shit. I don't need a guide; there wasn't one so I came up with my own.

ahahah guy calm down.
we know what were doing.
your just following steps and probably have no idea why things work as they do.

JustReading

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
JustReading said:
xzxero said:

ahahah guy calm down.
we know what were doing.

Trust me, I know more than you do. That's a given.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JustReading said:
xzxero said:
JustReading said:
xzxero said:

ahahah guy calm down.
we know what were doing.

ok you win.
your the best of the best!
i cant believe i even had the audacity to compare myself to you!

JustReading

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
JustReading said:
xzxero said:
JustReading said:
xzxero said:

ahahah guy calm down.
we know what were doing.

ok you win.
your the best of the best!
i cant believe i even had the audacity to compare myself to you!

I also can't believe you had the audacity to compare yourself to me, when I clearly am superior to you in every meaningful way.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
useless guide
180px-1upShroom.jpg

Status