Hacking Waninkoko prepares Firmware Updater 4.2

manaphy4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I've been talking to Waninkoko and is already preparing its Firmware Updater 4.2 to upgrade to 4.2 and lose nothing. Q I do not think more than a week late in getting it ready.

Source: i can't tell because from the site to download wii games it's a rules from gbatemp. (sorry)

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
if this is true then great news
smile.gif

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we really need a firmware updater?
Can't we just download the new IOSs/system menu and install them with wad manager
What would a firmware updater do that we can't do on our own? Or is there something i'm missing here?

chrisf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smash_brew said:
moosehunter is right. and there really is no need to update to 4.2 in the first place. shit i'm still on 3.2

you wont be saying that when new super mario bros requires 4.2 system menu even if u have updated your ios's on 4.1 or lower

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
King Of Chaos said:
Well, if you update it yourself, you'll lose Homebrew when updating the system menu to 4.2.
How would installing the 4.2 wad remove HBC? Unless... the system menu itself deletes HBC instead of the update process deleting it

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
moosehunter said:
King Of Chaos said:
Well, if you update it yourself, you'll lose Homebrew when updating the system menu to 4.2.
How would installing the 4.2 wad remove HBC? Unless... the system menu itself deletes HBC instead of the update process deleting it

That's just what System Menu 4.2 does... unfortunately.

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you update the system menu itself with the system menu WAD, it will automatically delete HBC on every launch. You'll need the Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack exploit to run homebrew again if you do indeed update the system menu itself.

Regarding the IOS wads, I don't see any reason to update them just yet to the latest versions until it's deemed safe or some technique is found.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moosehunter said:
King Of Chaos said:
That's exacly how it works. The system menu does the deleting not the update. That's why u can't just reinstall the hbc after official update

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say you can get the latest IOS files using NUS and run them through freethebug, but DoP-IOS is updated already so you can use that to have all of them

Still on 3.2... you're retarded there's no reason NOT to be on 4.1

latest IOS files keep discs from asking for updates, but then so does one of the hacks in preloader.

so some technique found? DoP-IOS = latest IOS with Trucha
Safe? Of course! installing the latest IOS files does not mean you are installing system menu 4.2... just the new IOS.

There is even a third option (many here find it to be a stupid option, but it's still an option) and that's install cIOSCORP 3.4. It makes *almost* all IOS version numbers the maximum value so your Wii will not ask you for an update. (a disc might still ask though unless you disabled it in preloader or startpatch)

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
Still on 3.2... you're retarded there's no reason NOT to be on 4.1

The only thing retarded is what you just said. There's no real reason TO be on 4.1 either. The only real benefit ever was copying wads over to the SDcard, but with nand emulation that's out the window. I ran 3.1 until about 2 weeks ago.. no preloader or anything else, shocking I know.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't you just do a WAD install of only SM4.2 and IOS70, allowing you to keep cIOS and BootMii? For HBC you could just change the Title ID of a HBC WAD using WADder.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manaphy4ever said:
I've been talking to Waninkoko and is already preparing its Firmware Updater 4.2 to upgrade to 4.2 and lose nothing. Q I do not think more than a week late in getting it ready.

Source: i can't tell because from the site to download wii games it's a rules from gbatemp. (sorry)

Waninkoko = AMAZING! = WIN!

I'm sure glad he's still willing to help the scene a little...I mean...a LOT!
biggrin.gif

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Couldn't you just do a WAD install of only SM4.2 and IOS70, allowing you to keep cIOS and BootMii? For HBC you could just change the Title ID of a HBC WAD using WADder.
Doesn't the System Menu do a IOS version check on even the IOS's it doesn't use? If not, that's a dumb mistake on Ninty's part!

blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night