OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:
Good luck with the project then.

I haven't played any saga games but I know they are good and popular

You should check it out, its a real gem.

Chrono Cross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish you the best of luck on both of your projects. I really find the graphics of the Saga games amazing. Again Thank you and good luck with both of your projects, kind sir.

jiff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for starting this project! My parents got me this game when it was first released in the states and I remember playing it during car rides every time we went somewhere. I always hated the fact that the sun had to go down, for it meant no more FFL2 and that I had to just sit quietly for the rest of the ride. I can't even count the number of times I've played through this game, and I still have my original cartridge from back in the day. I've already played the first world of this new remake and I'm at Ashura's tower now, and though it is playable with my memory of the plot, there seems to be so much new stuff put in that I'm missing out on! I was worried that not only would this not get a release outside of Japan, but it wouldn't interest any translators - I'm exuberant that this was not the case! I hear that the creator wanted to keep it at the length of the original, so hopefully that means the translation will be a lot less tedious than some of these 60+ hour games
wink.gif
Godspeed!

MHaven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jiff said:
Thank you so much for starting this project! My parents got me this game when it was first released in the states and I remember playing it during car rides every time we went somewhere. I always hated the fact that the sun had to go down, for it meant no more FFL2 and that I had to just sit quietly for the rest of the ride. I can't even count the number of times I've played through this game, and I still have my original cartridge from back in the day. I've already played the first world of this new remake and I'm at Ashura's tower now, and though it is playable with my memory of the plot, there seems to be so much new stuff put in that I'm missing out on! I was worried that not only would this not get a release outside of Japan, but it wouldn't interest any translators - I'm exuberant that this was not the case! I hear that the creator wanted to keep it at the length of the original, so hopefully that means the translation will be a lot less tedious than some of these 60+ hour games
wink.gif
Godspeed!

Well don't worry I don't think you have to worry about the sun setting down anytime soon since LCD is awesome
biggrin.gif
. And well at least when the full patch is out you will be able to play this game out with all of its splendor. I hope that you enjoy the patches once they come out.
yaynds.gif

xvirus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck! I was actually just going to try my hand at translating this... guess I was beat to the punch XD

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xvirus said:
Good luck! I was actually just going to try my hand at translating this... guess I was beat to the punch XD

Are you fluent in the Japanese language and have experience playing SaGa 2? We will be looking for translators.

xvirus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish I could say yes to that XD I'm still learning Japanese(2nd year as of now), so I mostly just handle the hacking parts on my projects and translating what I can. Its also been quite a long time since I've played the original SaGa 2(I think it was back when that was a relatively new game XD)

Malgamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some skill with Japanese and I played Saga 2 quite a bit back in the day. I'm interested in a spot if you have one.

MHaven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Malgamus said:
I have some skill with Japanese and I played Saga 2 quite a bit back in the day. I'm interested in a spot if you have one.

alright so tell me what does this mean its pretty simple:

"????????????????????????"

can you tell me what this says?

Ps. Do not use google trans or anything of the kind cuz its not going to help you if you become a team member...

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Malgamus said:

What kind of skill?

The Crimson Nocturnal website (linked to in the first post) has been updated with some more info and 3 screenshots in the Gallery section.

xvirus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MHaven said:
Malgamus said:

Ps. Do not use google trans or anything of the kind cuz its not going to help you if you become a team member...

Don't you mean ????????????, not ????????????????????????? unless you meant to repeat the sentence once XD

MHaven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xvirus said:
MHaven said:
Malgamus said:

Don't you mean ????????????, not ????????????????????????? unless you meant to repeat the sentence once XD
Yeah sorry i was working on the trans and just copied it from my texts and i pressed ctr+v twice lol. Yes its only ????????????

xvirus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose it'd be something like "Please choose another party member to use.", but I probably shouldn't be answering the guy's "test" for him XD

sdragon21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're looking for an editor neoxephon, i'm your guy. I can catch most mispellings that other people seem to miss, plus, since you're translating from japanese to english, i can also clean up the script and other things you may have.
PM me on the CC forums if you need me. LoneWolf is my username.

azerty1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
neoxephon said:
Do you know the assembly language for the NDS? We need your help!
SaGa 2 appears to use a fixed length for each text entry, instead of a pointer table at the top of each file. Because of this, we are currently limited to the preset lengths of the Japanese text. We need someone with assembly language experience to help with the project by changing the lengths of text groups that require more space.

wait, wouldn't it just be a matter of editing that one byte? because if that's the case, if it's anything like the games i've hacked so far with string length mixed in with all the OP codes, then it's just a matter of changing that byte, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1