Hacking bootmii v0.4 test1

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll wait for an official 0.4 HackMii installer release. Its bad enough that those are experimental as it is.
tongue.gif

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quote from someone over at the wiibrew forums:

"Well, I've been out all night, but I installed and tried the new Bootmii as my boot2. It works just fine, I'm gonna guess it's safe to install, I made a NAND backup, it was slower than beta3 so I'm going to guess there was more SD optimization code that came at the cost of speed. I would almost call it ungodly slow, but still usable, it took me about 5-10 minutes to backup my NAND (depends if you wanna count verification time or not) but I tried to restore it right away and it didn't give me a different Wii error, so I guess I'm going to hold onto this version. Good show Twiizers, good show"

Well, looks like it is safe...as there was a second confirmation afterward. Maybe I'll give it a go tomorrow and see if it can finally see my A-data 16GB card for bootmii
smile.gif

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing changed in bootmii itself (that I can see) is the fact that the nand dump/restore is fixed. You can't use a dump from the original version 3 (without fixing it yourself first) but a dump from 2 or this version will restore like it should. Don't know anything about changes in hbc 1.0.4 though

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
the only thing changed in bootmii itself (that I can see) is the fact that the nand dump/restore is fixed. You can't use a dump from the original version 3 (without fixing it yourself first) but a dump from 2 or this version will restore like it should. Don't know anything about changes in hbc 1.0.4 though

Well, that is good news. Maybe some work has been done behind the scenes to the SD compatibility. I will certainly give this a go tomorrow
smile.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've already linked to it in my guide earlier with a red colored note because of the problems with 0.3 restoring. I told people to either find the beta 0.2 installer and use that, or try using the beta 0.4 test one posted on comment 45 HERE

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
I've already linked to it in my guide earlier with a red colored note because of the problems with 0.3 restoring. I told people to either find the beta 0.2 installer and use that, or try using the beta 0.4 test one posted on comment 45 HERE

Ahh, I was not aware (along with the rest that posted) but am glad it is available. I do read the hackmii notes pretty religiously, but rarely delve into the comments. Thanks!

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
carbonyle said:
Is this the rumored version that should be boot2v3 compatible ?
(I'm not talking about boot2v4)

Since I I've a boot2v2 Wii I'll not test it now

And? anything found out yet? I think I have a 2v3 too. How can I be sure which version my boot2 has?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."