Hacking no upadate for the 1.4 firmware? (TTI)

Monstring

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i waited long enough and i think one update has already been out for the DSITTI

so if there is then tell me where to download it please
biggrin.gif
yaynds.gif

bigbadphil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My DSi updated to the 1.4e firmware and now the DSTTi does not work. I have searched the forum for some answers but came up with nothing. Do I have to wait till there is a fix so that the DSTTi will work in the newly updated DSi or has someone already come up with a solution?

Thanks for your time.

BBP

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
bigbadphil said:
My DSi updated to the 1.4e firmware and now the DSTTi does not work. I have searched the forum for some answers but came up with nothing. Do I have to wait till there is a fix so that the DSTTi will work in the newly updated DSi or has someone already come up with a solution?

Thanks for your time.

BBP

Yes, you have to wait for a fix.
on their website, they didn't even address this issue like many other teams did...
so i am not sure whether will team dstt come out with any fix

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guerrierodipace said:
I have opened a dstt (not dstti)
and inside there's this flash a29l400tg-70
The datasheet here: http://www.amictechnology.com/pdf/A29L400A.pdf
IS UPDATABLE...so there's chance to have update
It may not be quite that simple...

Most flash carts have some amount of flash to store the bootloader. The question is whether it is still writable or whether the DSTT team might have blown the 'write-enable" fuse during manufacturing. If they did blow the fuse, then the card is not updatable without some pretty low-level hardware hacking.

I suspect that this is what happened with the R4i Gold. My guess would be that they blew the write-enable fuse on the flash to avoid issues with a potential "fake killer".

John

guerrierodipace

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
jruschme said:
It may not be quite that simple...

Most flash carts have some amount of flash to store the bootloader. The question is whether it is still writable or whether the DSTT team might have blown the 'write-enable" fuse during manufacturing. If they did blow the fuse, then the card is not updatable without some pretty low-level hardware hacking.

I suspect that this is what happened with the R4i Gold. My guess would be that they blew the write-enable fuse on the flash to avoid issues with a potential "fake killer".

John

many thanks for your technical answer....not like others comment (not useful)

aneotoena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I think they've already fixed it. But just to get more money from us.

Here is what I know:
Main page has not changed in a while but last week shop page (the only page they seem to improve pretty often) showed a message stating that you should not buy DSTTi if you have a 1.4 DSi.

Today I checked it again and all DSTTi products don't have that message and instead they have this one:
"DSTTi is compatible with all NDSi version"

They may just be selling the same hardware with updated firmware and we have to pay for it cause they don't want to release it free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation