Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone !!

i have a little question.
Is it possible to run autoboot discs (like a wadmanager autoboot disc for example) on a 4.0 (or 4.1) wii ?
i know the trucha bug is dead on these firmwares , but is there a way to do it ?

Should i use Trucha bug restorer to patch an IOS ?
if so , which IOS do i need to patch to enable autoboot disc on such wiis ?

Thanks in advance
wink.gif

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A 4.0/4.1e(i only try this on my e version) sysmenu autoboot any Wii compatible dvd if the first byte from the ISO is $30 and the modchip support autoboot discs.

That was part one.
wink.gif

Trucha, cIOS and other hacks are part two and this has nothing to do with part one.
wink.gif

If you have an AB disc with an tool that required the trucha bug in IOS**, you must have a trucha patched IOS** installed.
If a tool need a cIOS you must have a cIOS installed.
And so on.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ok , i get it
wink.gif

So , e.g , i want to launch a wadmanager autoboot disc on my wii , (no modchip) , which IOS do i need to trucha restore ??

thx.

oh , and is there a simple way to know which IOS is required to launch an app ?
Is there a list available somewhere , or something like that ?

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
Benjay said:
Hi everyone !!

Is it possible to run autoboot discs (like a wadmanager autoboot disc for example) on a 4.0 (or 4.1) wii ?
i know the trucha bug is dead on these firmwares , but is there a way to do it ?

Thanks in advance
wink.gif
This disc http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IHOREMRO works on 4.1 and 4.0 Wiis (it works on any firmware version, I think). It doesn't matter what your region is. It boots automatically the Homebrew Channel (more usefull than a Wad Manager autoboot disc). What you need is a modchip (you do need a modchip to run an application autoboot disc), the Homebrew Channel already installed, Waninkoko's cIOS (any version) and trucha bug unfixed on the IOS of the System Menu.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll have to patch IOS60. And you'll probably need to use the disable diagnostic disc check hack from startpatch or preloader. The one that makes the Y button call the recovery menu is helpful as well.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Benjay said:
ok , i get it
wink.gif

So , e.g , i want to launch a wadmanager autoboot disc on my wii , (no modchip) , which IOS do i need to trucha restore ??

thx.

oh , and is there a simple way to know which IOS is required to launch an app ?
Is there a list available somewhere , or something like that ?

hmmm with no modchip, i dont think its possible...

you want to load a custom disc, from the "start" without accessing the wii system menu, with no modchip, right?

if so i'll keep my first option, and say it wont work. But thats just me :X i'm not an expert.

justhed0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Benjay said:
Hi everyone !!

Thanks in advance
wink.gif
Try this the Universal Unbrick Disc v2
l can get to freemii then put in the boot disc which boots up wad manager 1.3 but sadly from there l cant select an option as my wii is fully bricked and the wii remote or the gc controller don't seem to work
unsure.gif
a failed update mod to 4.1
But hey if you could get this working or a workaround pm me

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm not sure because i never try it before, but i think it's possible if cIOSCORP is installed.

Otherwise there is no way to (auto)boot any disc without an modchip. Not from the disc channel and not from the recovery function.

QUOTE said:
oh , and is there a simple way to know which IOS is required to launch an app
No, some tools need a cIOS, some a trucha patched IOS, ...
But in the readme of every tool you should find more information.

zantzue said:
This disc http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IHOREMRO works on 4.1 and 4.0 Wiis (it works on any firmware version, I think). It doesn't matter what your region is. It boots automatically the Homebrew Channel (more usefull than a Wad Manager autoboot disc). What you need is a modchip (you do need a modchip to run an application autoboot disc), the Homebrew Channel already installed, Waninkoko's cIOS (any version) and trucha bug unfixed on the IOS of the System Menu.
There are other ab discs available that didn't need the HBC, that could help to fix a ploblem without hbc.
Also there are some ab forwarder discs available that can start a xxxxx.dol/xxxxx.elf from the sd card and this ab discs are more flexible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu