Homebrew Snes9x, Fceu, Hugo, SMSplus and Genplus cISO´s for usb-loaders

sr_corsario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well! I have prepared some emulators cISO´s

USE "wbfs_inteligent_gui_v6" to charge cISOs.

To create your own iso's
APPS pack - Wiiscrubber - Partition Builder - IsoRenamer - etc

EDIT IMPORTANT NOTE:

Some emulators need on SD card a default directory in order to save/load/generate settings.xml

For exemple:
Snes9x\
vbagx\

If that directorys dont exist on SD (or iso image with setting.xml), emulatos could hang (code dump) and/or dont load/save setting.

Snes 9x Gx v.4.0.9
ID:SNES9X (cover SNES9X.png)

cISO size 8Mb aprox
Snes9x cISO

ISO
Snes9x ISO

Snes9x ISO with setting.xml (SD card not needed)

(OLD video)

Fceu GX v.3.0.8
ID:FCEUGX (cover FCEUGX.png)

cISO size 8Mb aprox
Fceu GX

ISO
Fceu GX

Gen Plus GX v.1.3.1
ID:GENPLU (cover GENPLU.png)

cISO size 8Mb aprox
Gen Plus GX

ISO
Gen Plus GX

Hugo GX v.081214
ID:HUGOGX (cover HUGOGX.png)

cISO size 8Mb aprox
Hugo GX

ISO
Hugo GX

SMS Plus v.081214
ID:SMSPLU (cover SMSPLU.png)

cISO size 8Mb aprox
SMS Plus

ISO
SMS Plus

VBA GX v.2.0.6
ID:VBAGXE (cover VBAGXE.png)

ISO
VBA GX

WII SX Forwarder ISO
ID:WIISXX (cover WIISXX.png)

ISO
Wii SX Forwarder ISO

Sr Corsario

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all I have to apologize for my English. I'm Basque (Basque and Spanish are both my mother tongues) and I don't speak English very well. sr_corsario is Spanish and I speak Spanish perfectly but this is an English-speaking forum so I'll try to do my best...
Will you please add more Wiiscrubber compatible ISOs? I've successfully used the Snes 9x Gx ISO with the USB Loader (I charged it via WBFS Manager 3.0) but I don't know how to use the cISOs. I've downloaded wbfs_inteligent_gui_v6 but it doesn't recognize my HDD (I formatted it with WBFS Manager)...The ISOS I'd like you to add are the FCEUGX and VBAGX emulators. Thanks in advance.

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zantzue said:
First of all I have to apologize for my English. I'm Basque (Basque and Spanish are both my mother tongues) and I don't speak English very well. sr_corsario is Spanish and I speak Spanish perfectly but this is an English-speaking forum so I'll try to do my best...
Will you please add more Wiiscrubber compatible ISOs? I've successfully used the Snes 9x Gx ISO with the USB Loader (I charged it via WBFS Manager 3.0) but I don't know how to use the cISOs. I've downloaded wbfs_inteligent_gui_v6 but it doesn't recognize my HDD (I formatted it with WBFS Manager)...The ISOS I'd like you to add are the FCEUGX and VBAGX emulators. Thanks in advance.
wbfs_inteligent_gui_v6 is quite outdated, so it seems to be unable to recognise a WBFS drive it previously formatted. I don't know if it is because of USB Loaders or newer WBFS Managers (like WBFS Manager 3.0.1). For something like these emulators, compressing a scrubbed ISO wouldn't be that much larger than a cISO and would be make them available to the majority of the USB Loader community. A workaround is to format a seperate SD, USB or disk partition to WBFS just to transfer the cISO then transfer it back as an ISO to transfer it to the drive not recognised by WBFS Intelligent GUI 6. That's what I do.

Thanks for the emulator cISOs. Could you please put version numbers on them, in case they get out-of-date, or if you decide to update them. Thanks.

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have these programs on my USB drive. Is there any support for launching these from the USB drive? Good job on these!
Gassy

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valguerra said:
I have isntall it on my usb drive. but when I start it up I get a black screen? What could be the problem?
You are in the USA, while Senior Corsario is in Spain: you usually can't run PAL injected channels on an NTSC Wii.

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
charroux said:
zantzue said:
wbfs_inteligent_gui_v6 is quite outdated, so it seems to be unable to recognise a WBFS drive it previously formatted. I don't know if it is because of USB Loaders or newer WBFS Managers (like WBFS Manager 3.0.1). For something like these emulators, compressing a scrubbed ISO wouldn't be that much larger than a cISO and would be make them available to the majority of the USB Loader community. A workaround is to format a seperate SD, USB or disk partition to WBFS just to transfer the cISO then transfer it back as an ISO to transfer it to the drive not recognised by WBFS Intelligent GUI 6. That's what I do.

Thanks for the emulator cISOs. Could you please put version numbers on them, in case they get out-of-date, or if you decide to update them. Thanks.
Thanks charroux! I put the cISO into a pendrive using the wbfs_inteligent_gui_v6, extracted an ISO and transferred it to my HDD using the WBFS Manager. That did the trick. Thank you very much indeed!

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The settings do NOT save, anywhere, anyhow.

sr_corsario, any chance you could put a default settings.xml in the images? I assume the .dol looks to wherever it was loaded for the file, and since it's loaded from disc it's always going back to default settings.

If that works, and it'll read the settings.xml from the iso all people would have to do is use Wiiscrubber to inject/replace it with their own settings file.

If that's not possible, as someone who plays roms from a samba share, it's way more trouble than it's worth putting in my samba info every single run.
frown.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, you can boot your homebrew apps from USB Loader GX now. There's no need to remove them from your USB/SD and boot them from one of these cISOs. You can also boot any channels located on your system menu so if you have an emulator channel it could be booted from GX also. It's almost a full system menu replacement now.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two channels on my default wii system menu display. I have two things in HBC.

I like things clean. If i wanted to run the emulators from SD, i would. No offense at the *GX people, I actually use it. Just because they're making it as bloated as possible it doesnt mean it's the only way to do things.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
I have two channels on my default wii system menu display. I have two things in HBC.

I like things clean. If i wanted to run the emulators from SD, i would. No offense at the *GX people, I actually use it. Just because they're making it as bloated as possible it doesnt mean it's the only way to do things.

Until there is some way to save settings and such through these cISOs, USB Loader GX has the next best option to load these apps through a loader.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works fine on NTSC-U.

And I've been wondering something but didn't deem it worthy of it's own thread; but hopefully someone reads this and knows the answer. Is there no way for homebrew apps to create saved game like data? If waninkoko's apps can extract and replace even protected saved games like AC, I don't see why the emulators couldn't save their config/settings to a save on the wii.

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSSOT

How did you get to work on the NTSC-U? I hear people saying that you can load emulators from usbloader gx. but have look and can not find a way to do this yet? Can some explained it?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valguerra said:
OSSOT

How did you get to work on the NTSC-U? I hear people saying that you can load emulators from usbloader gx. but have look and can not find a way to do this yet? Can some explained it?

Make sure you have the newest revision of USB Loader GX. At the bottom of the screen is a button that looks like the homebrew channel banner. Click that to view all of your HB programs on SD. If you use USB, go into the settings menu and in the custom paths section, designate homebrew apps path to usb.
At the bottom of the homebrew menu in GX, there is a white button that says "Wii", click that to bring up a list of the channels on your system menu and you can boot those from GX also.

sr_corsario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ossot said:
The settings do NOT save, anywhere, anyhow.

sr_corsario, any chance you could put a default settings.xml in the images? I assume the .dol looks to wherever it was loaded for the file, and since it's loaded from disc it's always going back to default settings.

If that works, and it'll read the settings.xml from the iso all people would have to do is use Wiiscrubber to inject/replace it with their own settings file.

If that's not possible, as someone who plays roms from a samba share, it's way more trouble than it's worth putting in my samba info every single run.
frown.gif

I have done a snes9x iso with a setting.xml ... it looks for usb device and SD card is not needed. (People with code dump know that problem)
That dont means setting.xml file from iso is used. It just do the trick to load without code dump and load games from usb device

After load, emulator generate another setting.xml on:
usb://snes9x/

Rom directory:
usb://snes9x/roms

etc

Sr Corsario

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over