Hacking Usb loader gx forwarder results in black screen!!!

guykes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed usb loader gx and it works perfectly (from the HBC that is ) .
But my problem begins when i use te forwarder from the channel guide.

If i try to start it up from there is get a black screen and the wii freezes, the lights on the remote blink couple of times and thats it black screen.

What i did searched searched searched nobody has this same problem in think.
Asked the question on other forums no one knows the answer.

I have downloaded the latest forwarder wad file from the official usbloadergx site (the forwarder not the loader install.exe)
Reinstalled the files to the sd card.

I have set al the paths to the sd card and to the correct folder (where the boot.dol is (for usb loader)).

I have the following folders on my sd card.....

sd:/apps /usbloader_gx/boot.dol, icon.png,meta.xml
/apps /wadmanager/boot.dol, icon.png,meta.xml

/codes (empty)
/config/language,language files not importent
/config gxglobal.cfg

/images image files/wad, usb loader gx-UNEO_forwarder.wad

and here is a read out of my config file on the sd card # USB Loader global settings file

generated video = 1 vpatch = 0 language = 0 ocarina = 0 hddinfo = 0 sinfo = 2 rumble = 1 volume = 80
sfxvolume = 80 tooltips = 1 password =0 sort = 0 fave = 0 cios = 0 keyset = 0 xflip = 0 gridRows = 3
qboot = 0 wsprompt = 0 parentalcontrol = 0
cover_path = SD:/images/

theme_path = SD:/theme/

disc_path = SD:/images/disc/

language_path = notset

languagefiles_path = SD:/config/language/

oggload_path = SD:/config/backgroundmusic/

TxtCheatcodespath = SD:/txtcodes/

titlestxt_path = SD:/config/
godmode = 1

dolpath = SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/
ogg_path =

notset
wiilight = 1
gameDisplay = 0

update_path = SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/

homebrewapps_path = SD:/apps/

Cheatcodespath = SD:/codes/

titlesOverride = 0
patchcountrystrings = 0

screensaver = 3

error002 = 0

autonetwork = 0
discart = 2

If someone has any idea please post it . Thanks alraedy.

markrduk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same problem here. When I boot into USB Loader GX using a forwarder I get a black screen on some of the games. They work fine when I boot from HBC. I thought cIOS 14 had caused it (installed cIOS14 and the forwarder at roughly the same time) until I realised they worked fine when I tried it not using the forwarder.

guykes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not exactly the same problem, i get the black screen when i try to start usbloader gx using the forwarder, so i
dont even get the chance to run a game using the forwarder. Because usbloader doesnt start.

When i use the usbloader using the hbc everything works perfect al games run , no errors, covers are perfect.

I dont get it..............

markrduk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems really bizarre
frown.gif

Some games do run fine - Wii Sports Resort for example. I will try some other games to test my theory that only '002 error' games work - as a black screen is what you get when you try and run some non 002 error games with the 002 error fix. Though quite why this would be the case I have no idea!

guykes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now i have installed the full channel version, and it has the same result as the forwarder black screen on startup ??
Starting using HBC still works perfectly.

guykes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what is did for doing the softmod, i hope it makes sense ???

First i upgraded to 4.1 E
Then installed hbc 1.0.3 using Hackmii
Then donwgraded to IOS35
Then i run into a problem and continued using another guide.
Downgrade to ios15 using trucha bug restorer
Trucha again for ios36 menu to slot 249
Then installed NEOR6.WAD and IOS60
Trucha again restored IOS15
Then run the CIOSrev13-a on ios 249
And the last step i used the CIOSrev14 installer

edough

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same exact problem here! usbloader gx works and loads games perfectly from HBC, but freezes with a blank black screen from the forwarder channel aka wad installation.

cloud9ine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guykes said:
This is what is did for doing the softmod, i hope it makes sense ???

First i upgraded to 4.1 E
Then installed hbc 1.0.3 using Hackmii
Then donwgraded to IOS35
Then i run into a problem and continued using another guide.
Downgrade to ios15 using trucha bug restorer
Trucha again for ios36 menu to slot 249
Then installed NEOR6.WAD and IOS60
Trucha again restored IOS15
Then run the CIOSrev13-a on ios 249
And the last step i used the CIOSrev14 installer

Wow guykes, that's almost the exact procedure I used, and I have the exact same issue. I just skipped the CIOS rev13a step and went straight to 14. (when you say 14 you mean 38 rev 14 right?)

Did you ever find a fix for this? Let me know if you do. And I will let you know if I find something.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone try unplugging and replugging their usb drive during that black screen? the only time, and its rare, that i have seen that behavior, is when gx, presumably, couldnt see my drive....power cycling it made it spring to life again.

jameswm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the same problem, but now it became worst with HBC 1.0.5. The Usb loader gx executed fine inside HBC 1.0.3 and now it doesn't recognize my HD when executed through HBC 1.0.5, it's the same problem with the forwarder (channel, wad).

EDIT: I have the two versions of HBC now and the usb loader continues to work fine inside 1.0.3.

wpbear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem on a new wii. I have an old wii working good but I just bought a new wii and came with 4.1U and was able to get it all working EXCEPT when using a forwarder or channel. Launched from HBC and it works great.

wpbear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed it . This is what I did. I dont know which one of these fixed it but it works.

I followed some parts of this guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...od-any-wii.html

In order:

a) Go to Homebrew channel and run Trucha Bug Restorer, load IOS36, press 1, read the warnings then select 'downgrade IOS15', select to load IOS from SD card then let it do its job, keep an eye on what it is doing and make sure you select 'load from sd card' when it asks & don't get any errors.

b) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, this time select to load IOS15 on first screen using dpad left/right, then select the IOS36 menu & install patched (select 'yes' on all 3 patches) IOS36 to slot 36, again using IOS from SD card.

c) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, load IOS36 and this time select restore IOS15.

d) Run cIOS38 r14 installer, select IOS36 as the one it should use and then select wad install.

e) If you are on system menu 4/4.1 use Wad Manager with default settings (IOS249 & SD card) to install IOS60-patched.wad - Never uninstall IOS60! You will brick!!

f) run Wad Manager 1.4, use default settings (IOS249 & SD card) and install these wads from the 'wad' folder:

IOS38-64-v3610
IOS50-64-v4889
IOS53-64-v5149
IOS55-64-v5149
Install the new 4.2 shop channel with Wad Manager
Install the Internet Channel

Then reinstall USB Loader GX Forwarder. I did not try the USB Loader Channel this time but the forwarder works great!

I think it was one of the IOS38/50/53/55 which was the problem.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wpbear said:
I fixed it . This is what I did. I dont know which one of these fixed it but it works.

I followed some parts of this guide:illegal
...illegal

In order:

a) Go to Homebrew channel and run Trucha Bug Restorer, load IOS36, press 1, read the warnings then select 'downgrade IOS15', select to load IOS from SD card then let it do its job, keep an eye on what it is doing and make sure you select 'load from sd card' when it asks & don't get any errors.

b) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, this time select to load IOS15 on first screen using dpad left/right, then select the IOS36 menu & install patched (select 'yes' on all 3 patches) IOS36 to slot 36, again using IOS from SD card.

c) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, load IOS36 and this time select restore IOS15.

d) Run cIOS38 r14 installer, select IOS36 as the one it should use and then select wad install.

e) If you are on system menu 4/4.1 use Wad Manager with default settings (IOS249 & SD card) to install IOS60-patched.wad - Never uninstall IOS60! You will brick!!

f) run Wad Manager 1.4, use default settings (IOS249 & SD card) and install these wads from the 'wad' folder:

IOS38-64-v3610
IOS50-64-v4889
IOS53-64-v5149
IOS55-64-v5149
Install the new 4.2 shop channel with Wad Manager
Install the Internet Channel

Then reinstall USB Loader GX Forwarder. I did not try the USB Loader Channel this time but the forwarder works great!

I think it was one of the IOS38/50/53/55 which was the problem.

you're probably going to want to take down your illegal links to ios wads....

MrTweety

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gents,

I've found the solution!!!! With many thanx to PEPXL!!!!

The forwarder channel needs the latest IOS35.wad to start.
I used NUSD_v13Beta to download the latest version of IOS35-64-v3349.wad

Now i have the WiiFlow Starnight Channel Forwarder-WSNF working!!!!!

First it tried to start the 222 version. I removed this one from the apps dir and it automatically starts up the 249 version.

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrTweety said:
Gents,

I've found the solution!!!! With many thanx to PEPXL!!!!

The forwarder channel needs the latest IOS35.wad to start.
I used NUSD_v13Beta to download the latest version of IOS35-64-v3349.wad

Now i have the WiiFlow Starnight Channel Forwarder-WSNF working!!!!!

First it tried to start the 222 version. I removed this one from the apps dir and it automatically starts up the 249 version.

IT WORKED! I thank you SO VERY MUCH! Everybody thought my wii was screwed up or I was stupid not writing the right filepaths, this was the answer! Hopefully this solution doesnt fall through the cracks because it drove me crazy.

MrTweety

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay great. I've read many forums and a lot of people are having the same problem as we did. I've posted the solution also there.
Glad to help you. I was also very frustrated about it and almost ready to upgrade to 4.2.

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrTweety said:
okay great. I've read many forums and a lot of people are having the same problem as we did. I've posted the solution also there.
Glad to help you. I was also very frustrated about it and almost ready to upgrade to 4.2.

same here, I was VERY close to upgrading to 4.2 I was thinking either something was severely wrong with my brain, or my wii was totally jacked up. turned out to be a bit of both.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
uberbdon said:
Oh yeah, I read earlier in this thread you needed IOS35 installed.

it took you 3 or so days to actually install IOS35 after you said yourself that you read you needed it and after i told you that you needed it, even if you had it most ppl would try to update it incase it was out of date seen as tho black screens while loading are one of the common errors of missing or outdated IOS's

now i know why ppl say GBAFail

ive updated no forwarder thread to inclune "Most Up-To-Date IOS35" for the no0bs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night