OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

I recently updated my Wii to System Menu 4.0. I had been on 3.2 for almost 2 years...waiting patiently.

Anyway, i followed this guide for the update process: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

After 4.0 had installed, i ran the Hackmii Installer to update my Homebrew Channel, it said that DVDX could be installed...so i installed it. However, i cannot play dvds in Mplayer or Mplayer CE. A dvd movie does nothing, it says it mounts and then just returns to the main menu. When i put in a dvd with avi files on it, i can see all the files but they do not play. However, 1 second of an avi file does play and then returns to the menu. It's odd.

I have a modchip, a Wiikey, and i installed Patchmii AFTER the 4.0 update.

Does the Hackmii Installer install DVDX on systems with System Menu 4.0? I've been reading that you needed to have installed DVDX before updating to 4.0...am i completely screwed now?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks....

hans0l0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wiikey2 and also reinstalled DVDx after the 4.0 wanin update, as long as you have 36 before the trucha bug was patched you can still use the original DVDx installer. Follow the direction on the wiibrew wiki page for mplayerce it has specific directions to install hermes usb2.0 first to 202 then install dvd with the original installer advanced mode to the 202 ios. works for me and as an added bonus allow reading from usb 2.0 thumbdrives and hdd.

enjoy, if your 36 has been updated use ios downgrader to bring in back.

killajackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you install DVDx from the Hackmii .1 or .2 installer? I've found that ONLY the .1 installer works. .2 does not work for me. Also, there is no need to install USB 2.0 to 202 or 222 as Waninkoko's newer (9/10/11/12) revisions of cIOS 36/38 INCLUDE usb 2.0 support for all homebrew! No one seems to know this. There is no need to install usb 2.0 to IOS 222 or 202.

So if you installed it from the .2 installer, get .1 installer and install from that. Otherwise let me know.

rogras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem... Solved with this:

*Need Internet connection*
1. UnInstall DVDx over HackMii or AnyTitelDel (DVDx is a hidden channel)
2. Install cIOS usb2 beta3 by kwiirk -> Download
3. Install Patchmii Core- > Download
4. Start DVDX (Standalone Version) Installer and choose PatchMii Installation -> Download

Format your HDD as FAT32

After that... Mplayer CE has recognized my HDD.

killajackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rogras said:
I had the same problem... Solved with this:

*Need Internet connection*
1. UnInstall DVDx over HackMii or AnyTitelDel (DVDx is a hidden channel)
2. Install cIOS usb2 beta3 by kwiirk -> Download
3. Install Patchmii Core- > Download
4. Start DVDX (Standalone Version) Installer and choose PatchMii Installation -> Download

Format your HDD as FAT32

After that... Mplayer CE has recognized my HDD.

He is on version 4.0. I believe Patchmii was blocked on 3.3 or so. He shouldn't need usb2 from anything else if he has one of the newer cIOS' from Waninkoko as he has added usb2 support (seriously barely anyone seems to know this).

He probably used .2 and like I said it wasn't working for me either. Use .1 because I believe that is the only way to install it on 4.0 right now.

funkyfranz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, so i uninstalled DVDX using Hackmii Installer 0.2 and reinstalled DVDX using Hackmii Installer 0.1 and it's the same result...can't play DVDs....

From the System Menu 4.0 Update guide from my first post, i did the Offline installation and i did install cIOS36 rev10 using the installer like it told me too.

I am not using my Wii to hook up HDD to play games off of it. I'm still oldschool and burn and run discs. Should i still be installing this USB 2.0 stuff?

Any other suggestions?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi funkyfranz

lecture.gif
Try Waninkoko's CIOS downgrader. Link attached. (Deleted: see EDIT:)

I have done this on system menu 4 and can now install anything without error, the Wii system menu is still showing Ver. 4.0E after runing the downgrader and everything works and everything runs and installs without errors.
rolleyes.gif

lecture.gif
Once this is done follow these instructions, YOU MUST use the files from the links below or it may not work.

1) You need to install the USB 2.0 cIOS from here. In the installer, choose to install as IOS202 using IOS36.
2) You must then then install DVDx using advanced mode and selecting IOS202 (use up,down,left,right to change options).

If the DVDx installer gives an error then the CIOS downgrade may not have worked.

EDIT: I have made a mistake in this post you want to use IOS downgrader - LINK - not cIOS downgrader as I have mentioned above. Sorry for the mistake.

Peter Hagen

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi.
I'm exactly in the same situation as funkyfranz with the difference that I did not install patchmii at all since i was afraid installing it after the 4.0 Update.
I also have the same problem with dvds (dvd-videos not playing at all, data-dvds showing either 1 second of a movie or nothing at all).
I also have a modchip (Argon)
I used the 0.2 hackmii installer, then I installed cIOS rev8, Waninkoko Firmware 4.0e and IOS60 Patcher.
I can watch movies from my usb-hdd (propably it's usb 1.1 since i have cIOS rev8, but that doesn't bug me since I don't wanna play games from it).
My goal is to watch DVD's and to watch movies from data-dvds.

@funkyfranz
Did you resolve this issue? For example with the instructions above my post?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.